why do people act like theyre so afraid of self driving cars?

Drew Peasack

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
every time I bring up the ides of self driving cars to your average Joe, they say they dont like the idea of it and complain about the risks. meanwhile this is a car engineered to keep you safe and the should purpose of its existence is to DRIVE. we have idiot 16 year olds on the roads driving drunk, but youre afraid of an car programmed to drive safely?

Have you seen all the sci-fi movies?

Basically that is why.

Personally I can't wait for them no more drunk or high drivers.
Plus it will make traffic much safer in general
And I can sleep on road trips

Cause they taking our jerbz!

Personally I can't wait for them no more drunk or high drivers.
Plus it will make traffic much safer in general
And I can sleep on road trips
Sleeping on the way to work....sign me up for self driving cars.

Sooner or later hackers will weaponize the car (use it to kill passenger or others) just like anything else with a computer in it and/or connected to internet.

People are barely able to deal with cars, it's not surprising they get a little spooked by self driving cars.

We already let people from third world countries and women drive

They'll only be good once every car on the road is self driving. The problem with driving is all the other fuckerd on the road.

I don’t have a problem with self driving cars. I do have questions on how certain things will be handled. Like car insurance. Whose fault is it if a self driving car gets in an accident?

Car technology is starting to piss me off. Did you know they've started making it so people can open the trunk from the inside now?

I don’t have a problem with self driving cars. I do have questions on how certain things will be handled. Like car insurance. Whose fault is it if a self driving car gets in an accident?

The manufacturer unless a non self driving car hits then it's their fault.

I find that a lot of shit doesn't work like it says or its supposed to. these cars gonna be any different?

I find that a lot of shit doesn't work like it says or its supposed to. these cars gonna be any different?

They're going to be tested into oblivion.

Accidents with self-driving cars will receive blistering scrutiny.

When they go live, people will over-react to any story involving an SDC where it didn't perform at least ten times as well as a human would have.

Eventually, we will only talk about them when people reminisce about how much fun it was to drive themselves. Conversations about DUIs will vanish.

Not initially but they will quickly improve. Remember how shit smartphones first were?

Back