Why do people here hate Khabib?

do i hear wedding bells?
Kadyrov can perform the ceremony.

Ramzan-Kadyrov.jpg

Fought only 3 times in the last 3.5 years- a pull out machine, and then talks about how he deserves a title shot. He does not deserve anything, after pulling out against Ferguson the last time for the interim title. He needs to fight two more times, and show the world he can make weight or not pull out, before he gets a title shot.

There is 2 groups of fans/posters that if you are a Khabib fans you will see here, and both will make it seem like he is way way over disliked.

On one side you have the people that don't like his history with not getting to fights. And then you have the Colin heads, who don't like him and bury him, but mostly out of being zombied to what the Colin camp and the UFC feeds out about him to protect Conor's reign as champ and keep him from defending against him.

So basically you have a group that doesn't like him pulling out of fights all the time, which I think is pretty fair, and then you just have the Colin :eek::eek::eek:s, who just hate him and try to get it to spread but it is purely out of fear for Colin.

Coz he never fights and talks a lot of shit.

Very good fighter. Many of his fights are pretty dull. Fights rarely, talks a fair bit though.

He's a bit overrated based on body of work, but is obviously ridiculously talented. I'd say people feel frustration rather than hate. Would be great if he could show what he really has and fight consistently for the next few years.

Khalabib runs his mouth and always acts entitled but is one of the flakiest fighters on the roster. Stfu and fight.

I don't think people hate Khabib.

It's more a case of "not loving him" rather than hate. He simply doesn't fight enough and tries to carry his momentum more and more on the back of talking as opposed to fighting.

For fight fans, that's a big deal.

That being said, I still like him and agree there is a realistic change he could still hold a belt.

But he has to get himself going now....he's 29 at 155...time to start making some BIG moves and getting some BIG wins to fully justify the hype.

I don't hate Khabib, but I hate how often he pulls out of fights. I wish he fought more. I'd be a full blown fan. Besides Maia's pure BJJ game, Khabib has my favorite grappling style in MMA. Amazing chain wrestling and relentless punishing top control. But again, the guy fights like 1 round per decade so it's not fun being a fan and always being let down by another pull out.

I started to hate him for his religious crap, but he is a great fighter who could be the best LW. He behaves honorably.

Because he pulls out of a LOT of fights.

I'm still a big fan, but I understand why people dislike him.

For the amount trash he talks from his couch even during his early injuries he doesn't fight very much and his best win was RDA pre-roid champion run.

He's like Mousasi, get any type of Russian/Fedor link to you and apparently you're an awesomely underrated unofficial champ. :rolleyes:

Every time?

Three times.
Cowboy.
Ferg 1.
Ferg 3.

Also, he was ducked by Nate, by Alvarez, and Ferg pulled out the second time.

I like it when sherdoggers talk like if they were fighters they would fight injured AF, even with a broken leg. Not you, generally speaking.

You mean 4 times, the bout with Cerrone was canceled twice and then the Ferguson. It's not just the injuries but the missing weight and just being so inactived. The more time you take off, the more the momentum goes down. Still I'm a fan of his and will watch him fight no doubt but I just wish he was a bit more actived but shit happens.

Last edited:
Let's just say that if I had to show up as little as he does at work, I'd be fucking happy!

Don't hate him though, hate his injuries and his tiramisu-eating ways.

He's a great guy which is why I am a fan.

- Cares about his fans, always posts updates on what he's doing, always signs pictures
- Put in a lot of effort to learn English when he started training in the USA and speaks it fluently, considering he didn't know any English at all. Guy is basically a patriot. Many fighters don't even bother.
-Only talks good about the USA, AKA, and his team members.
-Great grappler, grapples with Luke Rockhold and stays competitive
-Everyone who ever sparred the guy says he's the real deal and he is insanely strong
-Manhandled every fighter he went up against so far. Basically destroyed MJ's career by pounding him on the ground for 20 minutes.
-He's a muslim, but he doesn't talk shit about guys from an- y other religion and doesn't force it on anyone. Not his fault he was born in a muslim region.
-You can just tell that he's a kind guy, just from looking at him. He's the type of guy that would be really friendly to everyone, unless you disrespect him of course.
-Isn't scared of any fighters. Guy grew up in one of the toughest areas of Russia. He has been fighting his entire live. Has a youtube video of him wrestling a bear. Doesn't duck anyone ever, unless he has actual health issues.
-Doesn't do drugs or drink alcohol
-Has never been tested positive, never used any steroids. You can tell from his physique. He even said that he won't even take meds like ibuprofen if he has a headache. Won't risk it.
-Undefeated record, defeated strong fighters like RDA, MJ.

Basically the reason people hate on him because he couldn't make weight ONCE due to serious HEALTH ISSUES. The guy doesn't use any steroids, and doesn't cheat in any way whatsoever. I GUARANTEE you that MANY fighters would have health issues if they didn't do shady shit like blood transfusions, hidden PED's, etc.

The other time he had an injury.

People also forget that Tony pulled out the second time, when Khabib was healthy and ready to go.

Stop hating on the guy, he is a great NATURAL fighter and he will very likely hold the title. This stale ass repetitive Tiramisu shit has got to go. It was funny, maybe the first 1000 times. Now it's just lame. It's called beating a dead horse for a reason.

B why.gif

I dont hate him, but I seriously dislikes this whole, take half a year off cause of fucking Ramadan and inbetween that he's either injured or missing weight. How can you feasibly book him against a top1 or a champion when there's a pretty good chance he's not making it. And imagine if he became champion. Holy shit, if McGregor likes to hold up divisions, wait till you see Khabib "Body of Glass" Nurmi.

Back