Why do people here hate Khabib?

I dont hate him, but I seriously dislikes this whole, take half a year off cause of fucking Ramadan and inbetween that he's either injured or missing weight. How can you feasibly book him against a top1 or a champion when there's a pretty good chance he's not making it. And imagine if he became champion. Holy shit, if McGregor likes to hold up divisions, wait till you see Khabib "Body of Glass" Nurmi.

Conor has never defended a single title in his entire career.

Khabib would defend 1-2 per year. More than most 'champions'.

A lot of people dislike many fighters, but he is definitely one of those most disappointing. I think if he actually fought more all his talking would be less significant. I'm a Khabib fan, but until he steps into the octagon on fight night I'm really not interested in his antics or even as a fighter in this sport.

Everyone loved him around here then he pulled out against Tony and now everyone seems to hate him. Just ignore it, if he beats Barboza ppl are going to jump straight back to the bandwagon and start saying that Conor is running from him and yada yada yada. I personally like Khabib and i'm actually pulling for him against Barboza and was also pulling for him when he was supposed to fight Tony...but yeh, for sure stop getting injured and eating tiramisu before fights

Half of Khabib's fights in the UFC have ended in decisions, half of the rest have been submissions. 90% of Conor's fights have ended in KO/TKO. Who is more likely to get finished here?

Let me guess, the guy with the better wrestling/submission game, considering the other guy's wrestling and ground game are non-existent? :)

He's a great guy which is why I am a fan.

- Cares about his fans, always posts updates on what he's doing, always signs pictures
- Put in a lot of effort to learn English when he started training in the USA and speaks it fluently, considering he didn't know any English at all. Guy is basically a patriot. Many fighters don't even bother.
-Only talks good about the USA, AKA, and his team members.
-Great grappler, grapples with Luke Rockhold and stays competitive
-Everyone who ever sparred the guy says he's the real deal and he is insanely strong
-Manhandled every fighter he went up against so far. Basically destroyed MJ's career by pounding him on the ground for 20 minutes.
-He's a muslim, but he doesn't talk shit about guys from an- y other religion and doesn't force it on anyone. Not his fault he was born in a muslim region.
-You can just tell that he's a kind guy, just from looking at him. He's the type of guy that would be really friendly to everyone, unless you disrespect him of course.
-Isn't scared of any fighters. Guy grew up in one of the toughest areas of Russia. He has been fighting his entire live. Has a youtube video of him wrestling a bear. Doesn't duck anyone ever, unless he has actual health issues.
-Doesn't do drugs or drink alcohol
-Has never been tested positive, never used any steroids. You can tell from his physique. He even said that he won't even take meds like ibuprofen if he has a headache. Won't risk it.
-Undefeated record, defeated strong fighters like RDA, MJ.

Basically the reason people hate on him because he couldn't make weight ONCE due to serious HEALTH ISSUES. The guy doesn't use any steroids, and doesn't cheat in any way whatsoever. I GUARANTEE you that MANY fighters would have health issues if they didn't do shady shit like blood transfusions, hidden PED's, etc.

The other time he had an injury.

People also forget that Tony pulled out the second time, when Khabib was healthy and ready to go.

Stop hating on the guy, he is a great NATURAL fighter and he will very likely hold the title. This stale ass repetitive Tiramisu shit has got to go. It was funny, maybe the first 1000 times. Now it's just lame. It's called beating a dead horse for a reason.
I'm a fan of fights and like watching him fight, but he's easy to hate, he pulls out of fights all the time (at the last minute) and bi*ches about getting a title shot.

People perceive that as having an entitled attitude. It's not a good look

Still a huge fan, and still think he would be the rightful belt holder if he wasn't so injury/sickness/dumb decision prone.

Back