Why do people not mention this?

Floyd used to fight at 130. For all the hype about how long Conor lasted, we are talking about a guy who can fight about five weight classes below the one he fought Conor at. Is it a big achievement to last against an old man that is one third of your size?
Goes to show how far boxing is from fighting

There are a lot of fighters contributing for Conor lasting 10 rounds not being impressive.

1- Floyd is 40 and way past prime. Hadn't fought or trained for 2 years.

2- Floyd barely trained for this fight, according to him and several other sources. He was also seen on vacation while Conor was training.

3- Floyd is naturally much smaller than Conor.

4- Floyd has serious hand problems and is known for not finishing fights. Still finished Conor. Considering all these factors, this tells you how bad Conor is.

5- Floyd didn't use the modus operandi that grants him the success he usually had. He actually played into Conor's strenghts and still finished him

When you consider all of this, it's difficult to be impressed with Conor. It's actually the other way around. Being finished by the worst version of a smaller guy known for not finishing opponents is no sort of achievement. All it tells the world is that you are many levels bellow the other guys that survived a much better version of the guy you fought.

Are you asserting that McGregor is 3 times the size of Mayweather?

You think McGregor is 17ft tall or something?

WTF?

Yeah that is untrue but 99% of the opposition Conor has faced has been smaller than him. Has Conor ever fought a top guy that was not smaller than he is?

Yeah that is untrue but 99% of the opposition Conor has faced has been smaller than him. Has Conor ever fought a top guy that was not smaller than he is?
Is there a rule that says a fighter must fight someone of equal or greater stature?

Struve's opponents are usually shorter than Struve. Are you giving him shit?

Is there a rule that says a fighter must fight someone of equal or greater stature?

Struve's opponents are usually shorter than Struve. Are you giving him shit?

Are you saying size does not matter? This is important to note when talking about Conor. Struve? You mean at HW? Lol do you know why this is a ridiculous comparison? At 155 a 10-20 size difference is huge. At HW that is nothing.

Are you saying size does not matter? This is important to note when talking about Conor. Struve? You mean at HW? Lol do you know why this is a ridiculous comparison? At 155 a 10-20 size difference is huge. At HW that is nothing.

I wasn't saying anything really. I was asking you questions. You didn't answer them though.

I was using Struve to prove my point that you can't slag a guy off for being taller than his opponents.

Some guys are tall, so should they only fight tall guys? What logic are you trying to use?

It's ridiculous that you think height has anything to do with who McGregor fights at all.

Last edited:
I wasn't saying anything really. I was asking you questions. You didn't answer them though.

I was using Struve to prove my point that you can't slag a guy off for being taller than his opponents.

Some guys are tall, so should they only fight tall guys? What logic are you trying to use?

It's ridiculous that you think height has anything to do with who McGregor fights at all.

did I say anything about height? Conor cuts weight to fight smaller guys that is one of his greatest advantages. You would agree with that right?

did I say anything about height? Conor cuts weight to fight smaller guys that is one of his greatest advantages. You would agree with that right?

Yeah I think the '3 times bigger' thing is referring to height, not weight.

I was talking about height.

If he'd lost a televised bicycle race instead of a televised boxing match, would you carry the loss over to his MMA career too?
For all it matters, it might as well have been a bike race. It was like one of those coach vs coach made up games they played on TUF. Dumb as fuck and a pointless waste of time for someone who wants to see MMA fights. I'm not carrying anything over to his MMA career. I'm making fun of people who thought this would be a worthwhile fight.

I'm not carrying anything over to his MMA career. I'm making fun of people who thought this would be a worthwhile fight.
You said after the Mayweather fight you fail to see justification for anyone having faith in McGregor at all.

So you were absolutely carrying his boxing loss over to his MMA career.

Post #35.

Why shouldn't anyone have faith in McGregor's MMA abilities?

Last edited:
Why shouldn't anyone have faith in McGregor's MMA abilities?
This discussion wasn't about MMA though was it? It was about a whole sub forum devoted to a stupid, meaningless contest. Did you forget already? It was your post that started this line of discussion. This is as good a time as any to end it.

This discussion wasn't about MMA though was it? It was about a whole sub forum devoted to a stupid, meaningless contest. Did you forget already? It was your post that started this line of discussion. This is as good a time as any to end it.
Why shouldn't anyone have faith in McGregor WHATSOEVER?

You didn't answer.

Back