Why do people talk about Cain like it's five years ago?

Because he's the GOAT HW
... based on his fights in the pre USADA era?
Since USADA he fought twice: winning against a guy who's 0-4 and lost by Werdum after being outclassed everywhere. But yeah, blame it on "not being on sea level" instead of USADA

Yeah , Pride stacked their cards and the UFC doesnt . I also wonder how much the UFC's PPV's affect their live attendance . And the technology to provide PPV's is much better now than in the 2000's . Geez its really hard to compare these things .
Agreed, and I think looking at the sale prices is disingenuous as well. Pride obviously was bought out after it fell off quite a bit. If it were bought at it's prime, it would be easy to say the UFC was much bigger.

Yet Cain won the first round.

Huh.. strange.

Cain was busted up, bleeding and gassed by the end of the first and it got worse from there.

Fabricio-Werdum-vs-Cain-Velasquez-fight.0.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

ze1Fkwc.png

People on here only ever talk about fighters at their absolute best or their absolute worst, the real life bit that sits in between does not exist

Why is he mentioned in the same category as fedor here, or even mentioned in the same sentence?

He is a rich man's Erik Silva mixed with Darren Anderton from his spurs days. He's as relevant as Hilary Clinton.

Why such level of shenanigans?

At his best, Cain was unstoppable. JDS had him figured out for one fight......Then lost years of his life in the rematches.

Cain was busted up, bleeding and gassed by the end of the first and it got worse from there.

Fabricio-Werdum-vs-Cain-Velasquez-fight.0.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

ze1Fkwc.png

Nope he won the first.

Gassed in the second.

He did open up a cut I'll give you that.

He is better than Fedor has ever been. He was UFC Champion. That is bigger than anything Fedor has ever done. Just my opinion.

Your opinion sucks. Fedor undefeated for 10 years. Even steroid jones hasnt done that. Pride was better than ufc.

MMA years bro, MMA years...

They take their toll.

Back