Why do so many on here keep calling Conor a fraud?

Ok, now you're just being an obstinate dunce.

I've given you multiple sources stating that Conor walks around at way above 170. You're ignoring them all with zero credible evidence to the contrary.

But that's ok. You just hang on to your fantasy of Conor being a small LW and weighing 166 in the cage vs a 190lb Nate.

Did you even watch the fight? If mcgregor was 170lbs+ Diaz was over 200lbs

Conor didn't hespect Aldo after the loss? Conor did not offer him a rematch that Aldo ducked, after saying 'any place, anytime and anywhere'? It was Aldo that was talking shit, even tweeting and laughing when Conor lost the UFC 196 fight that Aldo turned down. Aldo was the classless and honorless little man, not Conor. Heck, even after he went 10 rounds with May (double what Aldo did vs Holloway in his own sport), didn't even get knocked down, Aldo and bitter RDA were practically the only people in MMA that were mocking Conor's efforts; efforts that gained him nearly unanimous praise across the sporting community.

Firstly, Conor did not respect Aldo after the match, Conor was seen suggesting a rematch to Aldo. He did not respect that under the same circumstances. Secondly, this defense card that you are clinging on to about about the rematch proposal on short notice (no belt) and Aldo saying "anytime, anywhere, belt or no belt" is actually false because anyone who isn't plagued by the disease of literalism knows it was cliche. If you let go of this cliche, your argument collapses.They both took the mick out of Conor because they think he is being fake, look at ALL the stuff he said before the Mayweather fight. I was laughing too because your hero is as fake as his defense against Ferguson. I see your butt is hurting that I didn't mention Conor Kardashian as my favorite fighter, don't give a shit.

Cause he is, it was perpetrated by him and the UFC.

I mean he starched Aldo, already beat Holloway, dominated Eddie and avenged his loss vs Nate at 170. The Mayweather fight was a gimmick but we all knew that but you know you watched anyway. Id like to see him defend his belt too but calling him a fraud is ridiculous

He's a duck who doesn't really want to fight.

I mean he starched Aldo, already beat Holloway, dominated Eddie and avenged his loss vs Nate at 170. The Mayweather fight was a gimmick but we all knew that but you know you watched anyway. Id like to see him defend his belt too but calling him a fraud is ridiculous
I probably has something to do with the fact that he has yet to defend his title.

Frankie was offered the fight and turned it down. Practically every fighter was foaming at the mouth for the opportunity, but he turned it down.

You are SO desperate to make Conor look good. Conor never picked Mendes over Frankie because Mendes was the number one contender. He picked Mendes because Frankie is always in shape and Chad was fishing and out of shape. If you are someone worth your salt, prove it that Frankie turned it down. You can't and you won't. Shut this bullshit narrative up. Conor knew that if people criticized his selection of Mendes, he could simply say he was the number one contender too. I'm calling you out on your bullshit, prove Frankie turned the fight down.

Haha. Not even Dana claimed Frankie turned it down. Dumb piece of shit.

"Already beat Halloway"

LOL, Max wasn't even half the fighter he is now when they fought. Wasnt Max like 20 years old when that fight took place?

His achievements are beyond reproach. Beating Mendes the way he did, beating Aldo the way he did, absolutely schooling a damn good veteran in Eddie. You can't take these things away from him.

I think people are just annoyed about his seeming lack of desire to defend belts once he acquires them. McGregor is in the McGregor business. You can't really fault him for that at all. Everybody in the sport should be trying to maximize their paydays and be set for the future. But, from a fight fan perspective, we want to see the really good fighters fight. And Conor really gives the vibe as someone who is a.) only going to return if the price is right. b.) only going to return on his own terms. c.) is going to be done with mma sooner than later.

Conor haters are some of the most disillusioned fans the sport has ever seen. They're up there with Rousey fans.

Every page of almost every thread on this forum has one of them randomly bringing up his name and (ironically) calling his fans the worst.

I see your butt is hurting that I didn't mention Conor Kardashian as my favorite fighter, don't give a shit.
Hahaha what a fitting name for him.

"Already beat Halloway"

LOL, Max wasn't even half the fighter he is now when they fought. Wasnt Max like 20 years old when that fight took place?

I'd still call it quality win as Holloway had already been showing signs of potential and improvement in his three wins prior to Bermudez "loss" and the Conor fight. That said, the fact that Max hasn't lost a fight since the Conor bout is indicative of vast improvement but also speaks to the fact that Conor- who was also presumably not as good as he became once he won the belt- beat a talented guy in a fight where he had to adapt his strategy to compensate for injury.

Max was hurt as well.

You are SO desperate to make Conor look good. Conor never picked Mendes over Frankie because Mendes was the number one contender. He picked Mendes because Frankie is always in shape and Chad was fishing and out of shape. If you are someone worth your salt, prove it that Frankie turned it down. You can't and you won't. Shut this bullshit narrative up. Conor knew that if people criticized his selection of Mendes, he could simply say he was the number one contender too. I'm calling you out on your bullshit, prove Frankie turned the fight down.
Actually Frankie said that he was offered the fight and he accepted. But then Mendes was pulled off of a hunting trip to fight instead.

Edgar:

"...in July they asked me to take the [UFC 189] fight on 15 day’s notice, which of course I accepted, and I still didn’t get it."

https://www.mmatorch.com/2016/02/24...ut-at-ufc-196-says-c-in-ufc-stands-for-conor/

"Already beat Halloway"

Neither was Conor, and Conor beat him after tearing his ACL in the first round.

His achievements are beyond reproach. Beating Mendes the way he did, beating Aldo the way he did, absolutely schooling a damn good veteran in Eddie. You can't take these things away from him.

I think people are just annoyed about his seeming lack of desire to defend belts once he acquires them. McGregor is in the McGregor business. You can't really fault him for that at all. Everybody in the sport should be trying to maximize their paydays and be set for the future. But, from a fight fan perspective, we want to see the really good fighters fight. And Conor really gives the vibe as someone who is a.) only going to return if the price is right. b.) only going to return on his own terms. c.) is going to be done with mma sooner than later.
Yeah right, lack of desire. That's it for sure. He would fight Ferguson tomorrow if he just had the "desire". LOL

Don't get why people can't wrap there heads around this. .no1s really doubting his actually fighting abilty outside of he looked pretty goofy against floyd with those pitter patter hammer fists and the debating win against Diaz the second time..

But he's a fraud because he claims to be such a great champion when the definition of a great champion is not just wining the title for the first time it's how you defend it.. there's a saying in combat sports

Your not really a champion until you defend your belt

This is from the thinking when you fought for the belt the first time you were a challenger ( intrim title challenger conor vs undisputed champ aldo) you weren't a champ there but when you make your first title defense now your roles have officially changed you are the champion vs the challenger..

Why he's a fraud
he never defended his fw belt, I don't care if the divison was unhealthy for him he chose to fight there enough times to win the belt I'm sure he could of fought again to defend the belt or give aldo his rematch he didnt ( highly suspect and probably motivated by fear knowing he couldn't perform the way he did the first time against aldo)

Then before been forced to relinquish his title for inactivity where other champions have been ( Velasquez ) he instead fought in a weigh class he doesn't belong to then fought Alvarez without competing in the lw division once a series of moves that were calculated with the sole purpose of never defending against aldo (no 1 moves up to 170 to comeback down to 145) again and giving him a unwarranted prize in the lightweight belt..when fighters who asked before like aldo or silva weren't allowed..

Now skip forward to his amazing lw championship reign. .oh yeah..there's nothing to say outside of he had a baby.. which I never heard another male fighter not fighting because his wife's/gf pregnant..lol ..more fraudulent champion behaviour..

He's damaging the sport..by his behaviour and choices as champion all eyes are on him he should be showing what it means to be a champ and right now the image he's sending out is false and a picture of what's wrong with the word , money and greed

Don't get why people can't wrap there heads around this. .no1s really doubting his actually fighting abilty outside of he looked pretty goofy against floyd with those pitter patter hammer fists and the debating win against Diaz the second time..

But he's a fraud because he claims to be such a great champion when the definition of a great champion is not just wining the title for the first time it's how you defend it.. there's a saying in combat sports

Your not really a champion until you defend your belt
That's not true. Everyone knows the greatest sports teams and the greatest individual athletes in sports are the ones that win something just one time and never again.

If you have to ask, you aren't a true mma fan.

because he makes all the other guys look like fools. how are we ment to take aldo and holloway serious when we know Conor fucked them both up.

Back