Why do so many on here keep calling Conor a fraud?

Yeah right, lack of desire. That's it for sure. He would fight Ferguson tomorrow if he just had the "desire". LOL

Wrong word but you get my point- lack of intention, lack of motivation...and we know what feeds those things for Conor- cash. If someone paid him 50 mill to fight Ferguson, he'd be fighting Ferguson no questions asked. But no one is going to pay him that much. Right now he's just using his "brand" and the reality of the situation as UFC's biggest draw to try to strongarm Dana and co.

His weight cutting is on par with Rumble at 170, and Gleison Tibau at 155. He used this freakish ability to (in his own words) fight smaller men and win.

If he had fought only at 155 since he joined the UFC, he would probably be 9-4 in somewhere in the Top 10... perhaps #6 or something.

There are many valid points to make on each side of this argument.
Yours isn't one if them.

You do know he fought and was champ at 145 before coming to the UFC right ?

Wrong word but you get my point- lack of intention, lack of motivation...and we know what feeds those things for Conor- cash. If someone paid him 50 mill to fight Ferguson, he'd be fighting Ferguson no questions asked. But no one is going to pay him that much. Right now he's just using his "brand" and the reality of the situation as UFC's biggest draw to try to strongarm Dana and co.
Hence why he is a fraud and not a real athlete. You can't win the whole world every 3 months. Is this guy retarded? Like defending his fkn belt for 10 million dollars is such a bad deal. They should throw that pos out of the sport. He's ruining it. Do Messi and Ronaldo say "I don't want to play anymore. I want to win a Champions League final every month or I don't sign a contract"? If he does not defend the belt next year at the proposed date, the UFC should throw his ass out and then do everything in their power to dirty his name. Make the people know that Conor is a fraud and surely not one of the greatest.

Correct. But Diaz holds the weight better and was much bigger than Conor. You're whining about Conor's size advantage over the FW's, so lets keep the debate consistent.

You said he looked 'good' I'd say he looked very, very good. His distance management and the 4 punch combo were not something you see in MMA often. It was Silva-esque how accurate he was, too.

Brah, don't even get started on that. The threads on here on who had the better boxing was almost as tedious as the 'Who is P4P best?' threads.

Cool.

I wouldn't say he got crushed. If that was a fighter getting crushed, then I feel you must have some bias against Conor. There was some back and forth in the Conor and Diaz fight. Alvarez looked out of his element after that 1st knockdown. So to call Conor being crushed by Diaz and looking good against Alvarez is a bit daft.

But styles make fights. Conor landed some big shots on Diaz and blew his wad - that's not taking anything away from Diaz - Conor underestimated him and paid for it. The 2nd fight played out differently and we seen that Conor had the better striking.

If you're a wrestler with good BJJ, it's more than likely going to be 30-27 or 50-45 on the scorecards. Look at Ferguson, he lost to Johnson and is now on a tear. And if you want to bring up injuries during that fight, I can bring up some issues with Conor before the 1st Diaz fight. Shit happens in training camps and during fights, so they're never going to be 100%

And Diaz handled Johnson pretty handily in their fight, but that's going down the MMAth route which means fuck all.
Beautiful as usual. Won't change anything though.

Only a moron would call him that. The guy ktfo the fw goat, moved up and dusted the lhw champ. Thats unheard of. He is not goat or p4p top 3 but he is amazing in his own way. The issue is his fighting schedule, you cant be goat or top p4p if you never defend a single belt (though i admit that i would have gone the mayweather route as well. 70 million dollars is a massive amount of money.)
There you go, a little common sense goes along way.

Hence why he is a fraud and not a real athlete. You can't win the whole world every 3 months. Is this guy retarded? Like defending his fkn belt for 10 million dollars is such a bad deal. They should throw that pos out of the sport. He's ruining it. Do Messi and Ronaldo say "I don't want to play anymore. I want to win a Champions League final every month or I don't sign a contract"? If he does not defend the belt next year at the proposed date, the UFC should throw his ass out and then do everything in their power to dirty his name. Make the people know that Conor is a fraud and surely not one of the greatest.

It irks me about Nate too. You get a taste of great money and now you won't sign the dotted line for anything unless it's the one fight that you know will give you the biggest payday. In 2016, Nate must have earned more than the vast majority of Americans earn in a year but he didn't follow up on it. Probably because he now thinks he's worth 10 million dollars per fight.

I believe fighters deserve more than the UFC pays them- especially the guys who are getting like 8k to show, 8 k to win. Horrendous. But I also think the guys at the top should recognize that this is their chance to earn real money. Nate was willing to fight when he was making peanuts. So why should he now refuse to fight when he stands to make high six figures or more.

That's not true. Everyone knows the greatest sports teams and the greatest individual athletes in sports are the ones that win something just one time and never again.

What are you talking about??.. this is combat sports.. if your a fighter who won your title shot but lost your next fight which is your first title defense your shit as a champ. . It almost doesn't count..

You do know he fought and was champ at 145 before coming to the UFC right ?

And? How on Earth does this change anything that has been discussed?

How does that negate the fact that he cuts extreme amounts of weight to hit 145, no matter the time and place?

How come he won't cut to 145 now?

Can it be because he literally can't do it today, as IVs are banned, thus showing how egregiously extreme his cuts were all along?

How does it negate the fact that he admits that he was beating up on "midgets" at 145, a fact he took joy in?

I don't have any idea why this is open for debate or even discussion. He has admitted he doing massive cuts to bully the guys at 145. He says this himself. He literally was using extreme weight cutting back then, and can't now. He's a natural 155er, because you know.... he literally can't fight at 145 without assistance from an IV bag. There's nothing left to discuss. If you can't hit weight without medical assistance, you're not doing it remotely naturally.

Last edited:
You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain

Basically Conor was loved when he was fighting consistently and beating top guys. Now that he's sitting on the belt he's shit on constantly. Even downplaying his talent. He deserves some shit but it's really overboard at this point.

irish jabroni got favored by easy matches until he beat aldo, got an title shot as a gift, stalled 2 divisions for that fight with Eddie, got embarrassed by Nate twice, went to boxing to get starched by a retired Floyd and starts fights with irish mobsters.

All of that because he only cares for cash and the UFC saw an opportunity thanks to his charisma but things went out of the hands of the UFC and now are struggling for make irish jabroni fight/defend since he wants a lot of money and to stay relevant posts a lot of stupid things on social media.

Excellent fighter, fraud as a champion, pathetic person.

And? How on Earth does this change anything that has been discussed?

How does that negate the fact that he cuts extreme amounts of weight to hit 145, no matter the time and place?

How come he won't cut to 145 now?

Can it be because he literally can't do it today, as IVs are banned, thus showing how egregiously extreme his cuts were all along?

How does it negate the fact that he admits that he was beating up on "midgets" at 145, a fact he took joy in?

The fact remains that he fought many times at 145, won the belt there and never missed weight.
Everything else you've stated is just noise.

He WAS a fraud, he's retired now.

He's a more technical and faster version of Nate Diaz with the pitter-patter that ripped Conor.

Grown man now, come get a rematch Conor. Come get 'your' belt pal.

Max Bless.

The fact remains that he fought many times at 145, won the belt there and never missed weight.
Everything else you've stated is just noise.

Noise. Or the fact that he literally is not a natural 155er which was the entire point of the conversation. Literally.

What did you think I was discussing?????? I never said anything to the contrary of what you're stating. It just seems you're unable to understand that needing an IV to make weight is not natural, and hence he's not a natural Featherweight.

I'm done, homes.

Gotta ad you to the ignore list for not admitting that IVs are not natural. Later.

Last edited:
Noise. Or the fact that he literally is not a natural 155er which was the entire point of the conversation. Literally.

If the money fights were at 145 he would still be there making weight.
Changing weight class doesn't mean he couldn't make it anymore, just that there was more money in moving up
Others at 145 cut large amounts of weigh also.
"Midgets" probably wasn't a literal term.
Both Max and Dustin are as tall or taller than him.

He never missed weight at 145 and couldn't even eat his way to 170. He fought at 168 for both fights. Meanwhile Khabib can't even make 155 when he decides to fight every few years. Yeah, same size. Totes.
No he never missed weight, and looked like a ghost. Its a reason Conor does not fight in the 145 div anymore, the weight cut is dangerous for him.

Conor is a fraud

He’s not a fighter that’s for sure

According to Diego Sanchez and Connor Ruebush, he rehydrated back to 170 for the fight with Aldo.

The idea that he walks around at 170, or that he didn't cut any weight for the Diaz fights is nonsense.
Yes, he is much heavier than that.

Back