Why do some fighters get damaged easier?

KOFight228

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Perfect example being Punk. Yea he got tagged a lot, but MJ didnt exactly have KO power, nor did Gall. But at the end of both fights Punk looked like he dipped his face in a blender. Whereas if someone like Till or Cerrone took the same shots they wouldn't look so busted up.
People like Nate I get it because he's full of scar tissue, do some guys just have poverty damp paper skin?

Because everybody is different?

Punk is one end of the scale, Anderson Silva is the other, that dude has some sort of alligator skin.

Literally thin skin, low facial fat, and an angular bone structure account for most propensities to showing damage.

Thin skin takes less pressure to tear. Low facial fat puts the skin closer to hard bone, less cushion to absorb force and prevent cuts. Also allows blood vessels to be closer to the surface of the skin, increasing chance of swelling from damage to those blood vessels. Angular bone structure means sharper edges for skin to be pressed into when punched. Sharper edges increases pressure in those areas, making the skin easier to cut or blood vessels to be damaged.

Literally thin skin, low facial fat, and an angular bone structure account for most propensities to showing damage.

Thin skin takes less pressure to tear. Low facial fat puts the skin closer to hard bone, less cushion to absorb force and prevent cuts. Also allows blood vessels to be closer to the surface of the skin, increasing chance of swelling from damage to those blood vessels. Angular bone structure means sharper edges for skin to be pressed into when punched. Sharper edges increases pressure in those areas, making the skin easier to cut or blood vessels to be damaged.
So the best kept secret is to have fat injected into your face if you're naturally thin faced? Sweet

<mma4>

So the best kept secret is to have fat injected into your face if you're naturally thin faced? Sweet
GOAT
jocelyn-wilder,-62_1.jpg

GSP has soft skin

Some people bruise easily and for days

Punk is one end of the scale, Anderson Silva is the other, that dude has some sort of alligator skin.
Plus Brooks was a pro wrestler for a very long time which means his scar tissue had been compromised on God knows how many times (including self inflicted) while one of the best mmartists ever had elite defense and head movement........ and prime Silva s mandible was like a big round stone.

Because our bodies are not really designed for that.

i think punk is getting so damaged because he isnt used to being hit.

since i was like 3 my dad used to beat on me, and i used to cut and bruise easily.

from around 9 years old after years of getting beat on my skin started to harden up and stop getting so damaged.

punk is in the early stages of getting beat up on and looks worse after his fights than i did when i was a kid after a few years.

The above stuff about low facial fat, sharp bones etc. makes sense. That's like me, I've done some MMA training over the past few months and pretty much any shots that land at the top of the cheekbone bruise me. It's actually pretty annoying, but I've gotta deal with it.

Back