Why do some people support Conor earning 100 million?

It's capitalism, and I can't hate it. If you can make it work, make it work. He put himself in the position to make $100M, through hard work and the utilization of many natural gifts, so he absolutely deserves it. Everybody else is jealous, yes, but also motivated to succeed.

FluidMadBronco-max-1mb.gif

I guess it's a cultural thing. Americans and other Anglos seem to be very servile to the rich, they never even had any kind of real social revolution in their countries, so I guess you just have this individualist pro-capitalist mentality. Personally, I just can't understand how anyone can support a single person getting rich to such extent. It doesn't benefit the nation, it creates greed and unhealthy competition inside your own nation and community.

From the sports perspective, it makes the athletes less hungry and less motivated to fight. The result is that Conor doesn't even want to fight anymore.

It would be better for his own good if he didn't have any money because he would then be forced to build a better legacy or do some productive job in society.
What an absolute tool you are, yes let's keep fighters poor which forces them to fight for their legacy...

I wish I had 100 dollars to my name, let alone 100 million. :oops::oops:

If they capped McGregor's salary at $10 million, who else would get the money? Is it right that the promoter of the fight gets the lion share of everything when they aren't the ones taking risks? If not the fighter or the promoter gets the money, should it all go to charity? How do you determine when someone has earned enough money?

If a lot of people wants to pay money to watch two fighters fight, it's none of my business.

Why would you want Conor (or any other fighter for the matter) to earn that kind of money? How does it benefit society? How does it benefit the sport? How does it benefit you personally?

I constantly read people here saying "Conor fought Floyd to earn 100 million dollars" as if it is a good thing, to excuse Conor ducking contenders and not defending for more than a year.

Having that kind of money is nothing but greed, but the worst thing is that his fans don't even get anything from it, they just support it for some reason, even though it's totally immoral and wrong from social perspective, not to mention that it destroys the sport.

It's not just Conor, it's the same thing with Floyd fans and other fans who support this type of fighters and their persona. For some reason they care more about how much money they make rather than the integrity of the sport. Then they openly excuse the ducking and cherry picking because it's "good business".
Because they have an IQ of 70

Conor started boxing at 10 and fought Mayweather at 29.

That's the culmination of 19 years of hard work in a very rough trade.

I can respect that much more than a lottery ticket winner who just bought a ticket.

Why would you want Conor (or any other fighter for the matter) to earn that kind of money? How does it benefit society? How does it benefit the sport? How does it benefit you personally?

I constantly read people here saying "Conor fought Floyd to earn 100 million dollars" as if it is a good thing, to excuse Conor ducking contenders and not defending for more than a year.

Having that kind of money is nothing but greed, but the worst thing is that his fans don't even get anything from it, they just support it for some reason, even though it's totally immoral and wrong from social perspective, not to mention that it destroys the sport.

It's not just Conor, it's the same thing with Floyd fans and other fans who support this type of fighters and their persona. For some reason they care more about how much money they make rather than the integrity of the sport. Then they openly excuse the ducking and cherry picking because it's "good business".
They're not "supporting" it you clown they're just saying why he didn't defend. Hate to break it to you but some people can just look at things logically

Conor provides a product that is worth more than what we pay to watch him.

Conor's approach, his popularity, and the money he's making have together had a pretty negative effect on my experience as a fan.

He screwed up two divisions. One of them is still screwed up, with two fighters who are probably much better than him losing time and possible title defenses while Conor refuses to defend. As an MMA fan, the Mayweather fight meant less than nothing to me. I had no interest in seeing a guy who was sitting on top of a division waste everyone's time getting embarrassed in another sport.

He has changed the way fighters negotiate. The top guys are all turning into divas now. More power to them (and Conor) for negotiating better deals where they can, but I don't want to hear about it, and I don't want to hear champions refuse to fight (or complain about) an opponent who isn't marketable. That should happen quietly and behind closed doors, and ultimately should not matter at all where champions are concerned. A champion should fight the guy who's next in line. Period.

Conor's clown act has a lot of fighters playing the fool for attention. I guess a lot of fans enjoy this, so I can't complain, but it's not for me. It makes the sport look pretty stupid.

You are right TS.
They all have no pride.
Money>>>>Pride

I heard he already burned through 20 mil of it in 2 years he may actually come back for top MMA money. He'll come back for a Floyd in the cage for 25 million more, Floyd will be the one taking a dive this time. Floyd will probably get 50 million just for an exhibition into MMA.

And Bro.. Don't ask why Conor deserves to make less. ASK Why don't the other top ranked guys in the sport (of MMA) make more? Enough said.

. For some reason they care more about how much money they make rather than the integrity of the sport. Then they openly excuse the ducking and cherry picking because it's "good business".

I think it is more explaining why someone did something & understanding that they would do the same.
99.99% would go for the fame/money.

Now that aside, Conor taking the MayMac fight was not the issue ... sitting out after was.
He could have fought, made $100+n & fought again in UFC & he wouldn't catch the same level of crap.

most MMA fans agree, but diehard Conor fans will have his back because that is what diehards do ... TO AN EXTENT!

I dont care how much he makes or anyone else. Whats troublesome is Connie fans use his wealth as an excuse for not defending for almost two years now - three if you count FW.

Plenty of MMA fighters and champions are set for life and still defended/fought like clockwork. GSP, Silva Jones were worth 10s of millions and defended all the time and cemented greatness. In other sports like boxing they were worth 300+ million and defended. Other sports still they show up to games worth 100s of millions. Conor in his prime isnt.

I think he's scared to lose his belt to two better fighters than he. First Khabib he went running from with baby excuse. Now Tony who has the belt. He knows he got lucky as shit on his run and wont be Ronda Rousyd.

Last edited:
I have no idea what kind of drug abuse or lack of education led to TS and his mental ideas about the world.

As for Conor and his 100 mil - people pay to see him, ergo he earned it. You might not find it's worth that, but other people figured it's worth it too them. Nobody was conned or forced into paying it, they all did it voluntary. I'd prefer Conor to focus on defending and all but who am I to tell people who to give their money? I'd rather have the actual athletes get compensated unlike the Olympics that cash in big while the athletes get jack shit. Another example is NCAA.

But again, not really worth discussing anything with someone that thinks hell on earth, aka North Korea, is a good place.

Yeah its stupid and it kills the sport.

Hope Conor gets KO once he return then goes away he done so much damage

Back