Why do women make such a big deal about the toilet seat?

I put the seat and lid down after I use the toilet every time. Maybe it's just an OCD thing... maybe I've dropped too much shit in the toilet over the years.

I was just going to say this. I leave them both down, because that way everybody has to lift something. It's an easy solution to a dumb problem.

how hard is it for people to put the seat down and close the lid when they are done and also expect to find the bathroom in that condition each time they use it regardless of gender ?

I think the real question is why are both genders so god damned lazy ?

I hate when my dogs get in the toilet and it looks sloppy . Close the fuckin lid

I put the seat and lid down after I use the toilet every time. Maybe it's just an OCD thing... maybe I've dropped too much shit in the toilet over the years.

I was just going to say this. I leave them both down, because that way everybody has to lift something. It's an easy solution to a dumb problem.

Pleases me to know there are other civilized people out there :)

It takes less effort to put the seat down than to put it up, piss and then put it back down. They also hate when you tell them that btw

how hard is it for people to put the seat down and close the lid when they are done and also expect to find the bathroom in that condition each time they use it regardless of gender ?

I think the real question is why are both genders so god damned lazy ?

I hate when my dogs get in the toilet and it looks sloppy . Close the fuckin lid

Train your dogs.

It's essentially a pre-internet meme. Not that much of a real life thing.

this is the last thing I'm posting on this crazy subforum but:

from a physics perspective, putting the seat up and then back down again requires net 0 work.
so suck it up.
200.webp

I've had moments when I honestly can't believe my ears. "Yeah but sometimes I fall in if the seat is up".

Wait, what? I've heard several women say this. I don't care if it's 2am. If you're an adult who's falling in the toilet, first of all why would you EVER admit it? Second, how can you then turn around and blame someone else?
Yup that is exactly where the anger comes from. They splash down into the bowl and then get mad at the man who left the seat up instead of being mad at themselves for not checking.

Doesn't putting the seat down include the lid? They have to lift the lid or put the seat down. What's the big deal?
No women will still get mad at men for doing that but not as mad as when the seat is up and they splash down. This way they only sit on the closed first and have to lift it up.

I feel like the assumption that there is a default position for the seat is a tad sexist.

A woman bitching about toilet seats is just another "shit test."

<seedat>

If you flush the toilet with the toilet seat up, the flush is spreading piss and fecal matter all over your bathroom.

Just saying.

I always flush with the seat and lid down, to stop the spread of germs.

Here's the real reason: bacteria motherfucker.

Toilets spray shit bacteria all over the room if you flush them while they're open.

Any woman who wants the lower seat down but the top cover up is lazy and foul.

But in a standard residential toilet you should put the entire seat down, cover and all, before every flush.

Otherwise you're just polluting your own bathroom.

Thank you.

I don't know what kind of savages flush with the toilet seat up. Disgusting.

My current girlfriend actually fell in. Her shrieks were more than a little amusing. Funny thing is we have separate bathrooms in the house and I have no clue how her seat was left up...

I think your current girlfriend ... ah, never mind.

They say women are more observant of their surroundings. I call bullshit.

Or they’re just lazy.

Back