Why do you like your favorite NFL team.

OCGSC

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
For me I fell in love with the 49ers as a military brat when a guy at the local gym was punching a bag and I decided to join and started talking to him when he decided to leave I told him he is forgetting his cap and said "keep it lil man" I wore that 49ers hat till I lost it moving to a new house.

I became a fan of the 49ers around 1992 because of Steve Young and how he played QB.

I'm a Bears fan because we da bes team in da world wit da bes defense in da history of da nfl.

I grew up in a football family with a bunch of packer and a bunch of viking fans. I liked Barry Sanders so much I was more of a lions fan but the Lions were so consistently shit and I always liked the Bears history and I was really into Urlacher/Peanut/Briggs. So I just settled into being a Bears fan.

Lifelong Lions fan, I just enjoy misery and losing.

Been a fan of Green Bay since I was about 7. Green is my favorite color and being young, I needed a lot to capture my attention, and well Farve could do that... Win or lose the way he could throw a football was insane... and its been a wrap since

Panthers are just the best, period.

#YesWeCam

green_bay_packers_logo.gif

I grew up in Upper Michigan which shares a border with Wisconsin. There are actually just as many (if not more) Packer fans up here than Detroit Lions fans. The reason being that back before cable television the closer signal was Green Bay and it ended up molding Packer fans.

Both of my Parents grew up in those days and they, like most Packer fans are Psycho and it just kind of carried over. When I was in middle school I almost switched over to being a Lions fan because I would love to watch Barry Sanders play the game, but Favre burst on to the seen and that sealed the deal for me.

I became a fan of the 49ers around 1992 because of Steve Young and how he played QB.

Steve Young is the man. Probably my first real football memory is him going off on the Chargers in 94 (I was 6).

Born and raised in Missouri. Been a Chiefs fan my whole life. Started watching games with my grandpa as a young kid.

Seahawks because im from WA and tatupu was the first jersey ive ever had.

I'm not a huge football fan, but ever since I was a little kid I liked the Bengals simply because of their helmets.

Steelers-Logo.jpg

Steeler Nation

A Steelers fan since Bill Cowher and Kordell Stewart.

Growing up in Chicago I never liked the Bears. I was a Colts fan from the time I started caring about football around age 10.

Oddly enough though, my Illinois connection to the Colts was Jeff George. I liked watching U of I games too and when the Colts drafted him number one overall, I just decided to like the Colts. Helped they had Eric Dickerson at the time too.

My dad's family is all around the Pittsburgh area, I love the city and the teams. Troy Polamalu might be my favourite athlete ever, followed closely by Mario Lemieux. Thank god my grandfather had some sense, or I might have ended up a Flyers/Eagles fan.
tenor.gif

I was born in Pittsburgh and both sides of my family are from just outside the city. I was brought up a Steelers, Pirates and Penguins fan. Most of my life I've lived in California and last year was my first opportunity to go back and see a home game. I swear, it was like a religious experience

i support all my home town teams. so i like detroit in all four sports. however, since the lions were such huge losers, when i was little, i adopted the chargers as my alternate team. i just loved all the talent on offense. dan fouts, kellen winslow, wes chandler, charlie joiner, john jefferson and chuck muncie.

Rural Wisconsin in the 90's was neither the right place nor the right time to be born for many reasons. But pro football was not one of those things.

I also like the 9ers even though I in NJ because of Jerry Rice. I ate a lot of rice growing up, so I just identified with him, and rooted for his team. I also like the As because of Ricky Henderson. Ricky Henderson once admitted to "talking to himself". It is not talking to yourself, but thinking out loud. I too do this. Everyone thought we was weird for it, but really is harmless, and we not cray.

Plus my dad is from Minnesota before the Viqueens were a thing and was a Packers fan over a Bears fan.

Back