Why does everyone assume Ngannou sucks now?

He can KO anyone but if that plan fails what does he have to fall back on?

He is versatile and went 5 rds he's only going to learn from this most fighters never go 5 rds

And Ngannou can Ko anyone anytime so only time that will fail is if he is Ko

Also Brendan schaub is a fucking idiot he wasn't even a good fighter Ngannou would destroy him in UFC and in grappling

Watch schaub vs cyborg abreu this schaub guy has no room to talk about bad grappling he literally froze and did NOTHING

Him winning Overeem is still unbelievable for me.

I agree with OP.

There's no shame in losing against the best HW right now. And he still got Stipe in danger in the 1st round. Plus he survived 5 rounds.

I can definitely see him become champion in the near future. He just needs to work on his ground game and use his energy more efficiently.

He has serious power which I doubt anyone in the HW division can match.

Why do people think that he is rubbish now becaus he lost to the champion Stipe. It seems guys like Brandon Schub say he would lose to any top 10 heavyweight now.

Francis had Stipe in serious trouble in the first round and was dangerous the whole fight. Why do people think guys like Derrick Lewis would beat him easily now? There is no shame in losing to Stipe Miocic. I don’t see why people think Francis can’t ever be good again and bounce back from this loss.

Did you not see his last fight? He's got a lot to work on.

Ngannou beats everyone in the top 10 minus the elite wrestlers (Stipe, Cain, Blaydes rematch)

He'll be a perennial top 5 HW with his power and chin alone.

Btw this needs to be posted on every thread that mentions Schaub

b4.gif.pagespeed.ce.cu8xHjXTDs.gif

Just remember that this was the same guy that picked Ngannou to KO Stipe, lol.
Gosh that throat punch looks like it could do serious damage. Oh and you're right. Ngannou has an incredible chin; perhaps the best we've seen and that's scary.

There's a lot of fight sport fans that think that anyone who lost their last fight sucks. They're simpletons. Anyone with a brain who wasn't knocked stupid by the hypetrain absolutely new that Stipe very well could beat Ngannou. Hell, I was trying to tell everyone that would listen that Stipe should absolutely be the favorite. He simply had more avenues to victory and every minute that passed in that fight would see the odds go heavier and heavier toward Stipe. It doesn't mean that Ngannou sucks, it just means that he got beat by a better, more well rounded, more experienced fighter who has now defended the UFC HW belt a record number of times.

because if a hypetrain loses they're clearly SHIT.

It's not that a fighter lost; it's HOW they lost that's so significant. Ronda wasn't terrible because she had one loss; she was terrible because she had no breadth of technique, and was dominated thoroughly by the first fighter that actually implemented a gameplan other than "run into her clinch." Ngannou is kind of the same way, in that he has one great attribute (his fists), but is certainly not a mixed martial artist. I'd put Lewis in a similar boat as well, since he's successful, but he clearly isn't that good.

Usually when a hyped fighter loses, it proves that the excitement around them was just that: hype. It's unfounded praise based on potential, and lasts until the truth is revealed.

Well fans bought into hype, stipe suppose not have no chance according 75% of sherdog. All white men are lower to the black men that what u.s. media pounds into people head. Now dc is the great Black hope to dethrone average white man lol.
DC is practically white, Black Beast is the new hope. Also Beast is African-American instead of French-African so he's basically a genetically engineered superman compared to Ngannou (DC clearly got the short end of the stick genetically) :D

People who say Nganou gets beat by most of the top 10 just isnt sincere. He beat the majority of them to become Number one Contender. Its not easy to take him down because if it was Stipe would have just taken him down and tkod him in the first. I mean we could have seen the same fight as Tybura vs Lewis if Nganou connected clean it might have been over, i want to see him in those fights though, vs Werdum, Cain and maybe a rematch with Blaydes, i dont like the Lewis Matchup because i feel it would end up both not being able to knock each other out early and both of them gassing on the later rounds. But to answer your question i think he beats most but will probably struggle with a Werdum or Cain.

this ALWAYS happens when a hot,hyped up prospect loses for the first time

Why do people think that he is rubbish now becaus he lost to the champion Stipe. It seems guys like Brandon Schub say he would lose to any top 10 heavyweight now.

Francis had Stipe in serious trouble in the first round and was dangerous the whole fight. Why do people think guys like Derrick Lewis would beat him easily now? There is no shame in losing to Stipe Miocic. I don’t see why people think Francis can’t ever be good again and bounce back from this loss.
He’s a glorified bar brawler, not an MMA fighter.

He’s a glorified bar brawler, not an MMA fighter.
Lmao what a moron.

The guy beat Curtis Blaydes, Arlovski, Overeem. Not the top guys but still up there.

The UFC overhyped him for sure, but it doesn't remove the fact that he's a dangerous opponent for anyone at HW. Had he caught Stipe, the fight could have easily ended in the first round.

He just needs to work on his other skills.

Did you not see his last fight? He's got a lot to work on.

Not as much as you think in order to be an elite level HW.

He stuffed the first few TD attempts from the guy who is, at worst, the second best wrestler in the division, and he mutilated Stipe's face with glancing shots.

He's also the only guy that Stipe hasn't finished since he started his championship run.

I'd still pick Ngannou to crush most of the division without improving anything.

Yeah, the hype was out of control, but the reassessment of his abilities has swung too far in the other direction.

why do people make up some stupid shit and then make threads debunking it? show me these "everyone" who assume that?

Lmao what a moron.

The guy beat Curtis Blaydes, Arlovski, Overeem. Not the top guys but still up there.

The UFC overhyped him for sure, but it doesn't remove the fact that he's a dangerous opponent for anyone at HW. Had he caught Stipe, the fight could have easily ended in the first round.

He just needs to work on his other skills.

He has very good power, poor boxing defense, mediocre boxing skills, little else striking wise aside from his hands, horrible wrestling, terrible ground game (anyone with strength can get a guilltone) and his guard game is literally non-existent.

He’s honestly terrible, I’ve literally been training longer than he has.

He has very good power, poor boxing defense, mediocre boxing skills, little else striking wise aside from his hands, horrible wrestling, terrible ground game (anyone with strength can get a guilltone) and his guard game is literally non-existent.

He’s honestly terrible, I’ve literally been training longer than he has.
The point is he can still hang around the HWs. He proved that already.

It's not like the HWs have been the best at wrestling either. All it takes is one clean shot for it to be over.

You can say what you want, keyboard warrior.

Back