Why does everyone claim Woodley Thompson 1 was bad?

The fight intermixed relatively boring periods of time with a few flurries of extreme excitement.

And yes, a draw was absolutely the correct call, given the scoring system in place. If the fight was judged as a whole, Pride-style, Woodley would have definitely won, but WB definitely won the 3 boring rounds, and Woodley definitely put up a 10-8.

The only major thing was Wonderboy getting dropped. Nothing happened before or after that.

I literally have no clue

It was an epic battle

Epic? lol

Here are the fightmetric results from both fights. Look how many total strikes were thrown in 25 minutes for each fight.

QQu7wBt.jpg

It was exciting because it was the first time we saw it and Woodley almost finished Wonderboy at one point and he survived the onslaught.

But there wasn't a lot of back and forth action. Thompson was more active but he didn't do much damage, while Woodley wasn't very active at all but when he connected he hurt Wonderboy.

The 2nd fight was a less exciting version of that because we saw even less back and forth.

We all assumed that since they had a first fight with a lot of feeling out, then the 2nd would be good because they would've figured out some openings in each other and that they would actually engage.

But instead in the 2nd fight they engaged even less, so it made the 1st one look bad too.

1 was a great fight. 2 was boring and Tyron deserved to win just because he managed to knock wonderboy down.

I enjoyed the first fight. Second fight was trash.

The second fight was so bad it erased the memory of the first actually being great.
That's how bad the rematch was

I like Woodley, and don't mind Thompson. But Thompson has had a lot of critics for many years - fans too of course, but more critics. Look at his old threads, for everyone hyping Thompson there were a couple of folks dissing him.

A lot of that, for both Woodley and Thompson, is that they're successful, and that always brings out critics - and the more successful the more critics. Neither gets anywhere near the pure amount of hate that Lesnar, Jones, GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Conor or Rousey have received over the years. Again, just look at the hate all the top guys get - and the bigger the name, the more hate. Something about human nature I guess.

201510_2115_hehfi_sm.jpg

because it was.
that fight was the absolute opposite of Lawler & Rory.

Both guys were too afraid to engage, to get caught.

And the second fight was even worse!
It won fight of the night in the most stacked card of the year.

Just admit you didn't watch it.

Still not sure if that fight should have been a Draw or 3-2 Wonderboy...

Because everyone understands guys coming out slow and trying get their time but 20 of the 25 minutes was a staring contest

I watched it again and to me the 1st and 4th rounds were the most exciting. The others were much like the second fight.

It won fight of the night in the most stacked card of the year.

Just admit you didn't watch it.
LOL
I did watch. And it was terrible.

Did you watch Rory & Robbie?
Are you trying to claim it was better than that fight? If so, the lunatic one who obviously did not watch the fight was you.

Back