Why does Gabi Garcia take steroids?

Wasteland.....

There's almost no one in her weight class.
So it's not like she needs it for competition.

Even without steroids, no one can match Gabi's strength.

How is any organization supposed to take her seriously? Lucky for her, RIZIN doesn't have drug testing.
She used to be chubby and probably feels more attractive when she is shredded. She weighs like double the amount of any other woman in MMA so I doubt that size is a factor.

Dude, you should chill out on the completely baseless steroid accusations. She's a strong girl but I see no evidence whatsoever that she's on the juice. She's got that physique through hard work, grit and determination- Something you'd know nothing about.

I reported you for this thread, not that anything will happen. The mods' stance on false steroid accusations (which have harmed fighters' careers in the past) seems more relaxed in recent times. It won't do any good, but at least I've done my bit in standing up for what's right.
DIdnt she test pisitive for the same thing as Lesnar?

I wrote about it before here, I think that she must have some hormonal issue. I mean, she's not a regular girl on steroids. Everything about her is different, her bones structure for example. Maybe she did some HGH when she was younger but I don't believe that's the reason. Specially because HGH was never a popular thing in BR. I honestly think there's some natural cause for the way she looks, but I don't believe she's all natural.

Anyway, here's an old and a recent interview of her. Check out her voice.

That being said, why does someone like her feels the need to roid it up like that? Maybe she had some body issues going on because she used to be fat.

Probably because she feels she’s unattractive and at least this way she can get the fetishists interested in her.

There's almost no one in her weight class.
So it's not like she needs it for competition.

Even without steroids, no one can match Gabi's strength.

How is any organization supposed to take her seriously? Lucky for her, RIZIN doesn't have drug testing.
I wrote about it before here, I think that she must have some hormonal issue. I mean, she's not a regular girl on steroids. Everything about her is different, her bones structure for example. Maybe she did some HGH when she was younger but I don't believe that's the reason. Specially because HGH was never a popular thing in BR. I honestly think there's some natural cause for the way she looks, but I don't believe she's all natural.

That being said, why does someone like her feels the need to roid it up like that? Maybe she had some body issues going on because she used to be fat.

Gabi definitely had a hormone problem at some point in her life. As to why she may or may not take steroids now? I think there's 2 good possibilities.

I think one is that her massive frame, and a long athletic career, is taking a toll on her body, and she's using solely to extend her career.

The other big possibility is that it gives her an athletic advantage over other women her weight. There are not a lot of good female athletes that size, and I suspect Gabi is not different. She wasnt particularly fast, balanced, explosive, etc. in BJJ until she started bulking up.

Look at other women her weight in combat sports Becky Levi (MMA) & Lana Stefanac (BJJ & MMMA) were not fat fat, nor were they even close to cut tho. Tong Wen (Judo), Tayane Porfirio (BJJ), Joaquina Bonfim (BJJ) , Oksana Gagoleva (Boxing), Alejandra Jimenez (Boxing), Tong Wen (Judo), Renata Poa (MMA), and Svetlana Gourdarenko (Judo & MMA) were all carrying a lot of extra weight. Outside of Gourdarenko, Tong Wen, and Stefanac (in their youths) it's hard to see someone capable of physically matching uber Gabi's cardio, speed, and strength in that category.

Katya Kavaleva & Vonda Ward are both taller, but they are noticeabley carrying much less fat than other women their size in combat sports, but they're also lighter. It's likely Gabi would be significantly slower than them standing up, but she would have a massive strength advantage.

When she slimmed down some, and she began showing interest in MMA, I think she was in the 190lb range. She actually looked like she had a shot at a semi normal career. I think she ran away to the heavier weight though to get away from ever facing someone who could at least out speed her.

Gabi definitely had a hormone problem at some point in her life. As to why she may or may not take steroids now? I think there's 2 good possibilities.

I think one is that her massive frame, and a long athletic career, is taking a toll on her body, and she's using solely to extend her career.

The other big possibility is that it gives her an athletic advantage over other women her weight. There are not a lot of good female athletes that size, and I suspect Gabi is not different. She wasnt particularly fast, balanced, explosive, etc. in BJJ until she started bulking up.

Look at other women her weight in combat sports Becky Levi (MMA) & Lana Stefanac (BJJ & MMMA) were not fat fat, nor were they even close to cut tho. Tong Wen (Judo), Tayane Porfirio (BJJ), Joaquina Bonfim (BJJ) , Oksana Gagoleva (Boxing), Alejandra Jimenez (Boxing), Tong Wen (Judo), Renata Poa (MMA), and Svetlana Gourdarenko (Judo & MMA) were all carrying a lot of extra weight. Outside of Gourdarenko, Tong Wen, and Stefanac (in their youths) it's hard to see someone capable of physically matching uber Gabi's cardio, speed, and strength in that category.

Katya Kavaleva & Vonda Ward are both taller, but they are noticeabley carrying much less fat than other women their size in combat sports, but they're also lighter. It's likely Gabi would be significantly slower than them standing up, but she would have a massive strength advantage.

When she slimmed down some, and she began showing interest in MMA, I think she was in the 190lb range. She actually looked like she had a shot at a semi normal career. I think she ran away to the heavier weight though to get away from ever facing someone who could at least out speed her.
Great post.

Unfortunately for her she will never have a real mma career so I think at this point she just accepted the freak show status and will continue to roid like crazy.

I think if Gabi wasn't on PEDs she would have never landed a career as RIZIN's #1 freakshow

I had no idea Idea who she was before the net started to get filled up with pictures of her giant muscles

Gabi was smart to get on PEDs. No one wanted to see her compete in BJJ and without the freakshow look she would have never been signed by RIZIN

Same reason that Bob Sapp got on PEDs..A giant super muscular Black guy is much more sellable than just a regular big old black guy

Also, Gabi seems to be mentally weak and I think the PEDs make her more confident..

In other countries steroids aren't quite looked at in the same light as say in America and that is probably the number one reason that got her into using in the first place. In other words it just isn't viewed upon as being so negative.

Guessing she trained with users and it's just normal. Once she started it's hard to go back to being natural.

Dude, you should chill out on the completely baseless steroid accusations. She's a strong girl but I see no evidence whatsoever that she's on the juice. She's got that physique through hard work, grit and determination- Something you'd know nothing about.

I reported you for this thread, not that anything will happen. The mods' stance on false steroid accusations (which have harmed fighters' careers in the past) seems more relaxed in recent times. It won't do any good, but at least I've done my bit in standing up for what's right.

Everybody's on steroids.

I dont understand why she takes roids either, she is a pretty girl who was just fat, she should have just went on a weight loss diet, steroids ruined her, I hope she goes off them and just lowers her caloric intake, she is 6 foot tall and already a big girl why get even bigger? its weird

this was her when she was trying to slim down, she was hot,

gabigarcia.jpg

gabigarcia.jpg

I dont understand why she takes roids either, she is a pretty girl who was just fat, she should have just went on a weight loss diet, steroids ruined her, I hope she goes off them and just lowers her caloric intake, she is 6 foot tall and already a big girl why get even bigger? its weird

this was her when she was trying to slim down, she was hot,

gabigarcia.jpg

gabigarcia.jpg
<mma4>
Not bad

Her voice was feminine when she was a fatso

Its sad why did she take steroids, she is a pretty girl hidden under that fat, he face is very pretty when she lost weight and tried to slim down

What a waste she could have been one of those hot amazonian chicks if she didnt take roids just go on a fat loss diet.

Lol Seriously though. With her BJJ skills and size in WMMA there is no point....what a freak lol
tbh her bjj skills arnt that good like a mans purple bellt maybe by technique she just lays on people doesnt have good smooth technique

tbh her bjj skills arnt that good like a mans purple bellt maybe by technique she just lays on people doesnt have good smooth technique

Yea I mean, she has won gold medals in tons of big BJJ competitions but I get her size is a big part of that.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Back