Why does RIZIN get so much more attention than ACB around here?

reminder that the UFC booked Matt Brown vs Diego Sanchez in 2017 and have a boring ugly shitty product and all of those things are okay and awesome

Obviously because no WMMA, well since they stopped booking Dyshekova anyway.

I think ACB's biggest problem is their lack of advertising and promotion of events and fighters.
Their media work in general seems pretty weak, especially for non-russian speakers.
And imo that's why fans can't "create emotions" towards fighters or events.
But they also have too many events with too big fight cards, so it's hard to keep up with it. Especially when 80 % of the cards are filled with some random caucasian fighters.
No offense, but I also think that a lot of people in the west aren't really interested in watching some unknown bearded dudes with strange names from the caucasus fight. Btw. I think they just sympathize more with Japanese than chechens.
The production level isn't the highest at ACB neither.
Rizin fills huge arenas while ACB events are often attended by around 100 people.
And ACB also seems "a bit" shady in economic matters.

I think that when they stop with offering free streams, acb would die (from the fan-interest aspect).

The lack of interest is a big shame, because I really like ACB. They have high quality fights and their pacing is fantastic.

Imo ACB is a level above Bellator, who is getting much more attention from the MMA media and is seen as the Nr. 2 org.

Last edited:
Frankly, at this point I think ACB's ineptitude at marketing their fights is part of the charm. Its downright hilarious how talented their roster is in relation to the size of their crowds (or just the amount of people watching their streams).

They're run by an Checheyan oliagarch who runs the promotion like his pet hobby -- so they pretty much don't have to care about finances at all.

But that points to the structural weakness of ACB and other Russian promotions. If the sponsoring oliagarc suddenly grows disinterested or indespossed for whatever reason then the promotion would most likely fall shortly thereafter. Unlike normal fight promotions that are bought-and-sold (or destroyed) on their financial viability.

ACB isnt owned by a Oligarch, the owner(Mairbek Khasiev) is a doctor and minister in health(or something) in Chechnya. I dont think he is the only one putting money in ACB, he has several friends who invest in it.

ACB isnt owned by a Oligarch, the owner(Mairbek Khasiev) is a doctor and minister in health(or something) in Chechnya. I dont think he is the only one putting money in ACB, he has several friends who invest in it.

Thanks for the info as always! Wouldn't a Minister technically be considered an Oligarch though? Even one in such an (relatively) unimportant position?

My assessement remains though. ACB must clearly be bleeding a huge amount of cash. Its only subsides due to the interests of wealthy benefactors. If their interests wanes (for whatever reason) then the promotion can't stand on its own financial legs. And unlike something like WSOF, I doubt there are time-restrictive contracts that make this funding legally binding.

Im frankly a bit puzzled that Mairbek managed to find so many investors for the promotion.

No idea what kind of money a Chechyan minister makes though.

Thanks for the info as always! Wouldn't a Minister technically be considered an Oligarch though? Even one in such an (relatively) unimportant position?

My assessement remains though. ACB must clearly be bleeding a huge amount of cash. Its only subsides due to the interests of wealthy benefactors. If their interests wanes (for whatever reason) then the promotion can't stand on its own financial legs. And unlike something like WSOF, I doubt there are time-restrictive contracts that make this funding legally binding.

Im frankly a bit puzzled that Mairbek managed to find so many investors for the promotion.

No idea what kind of money a Chechyan minister makes though.

I thought Oligarch meant someone who made their money trough Oil lol, just googled it haha. Then maybe he is a oligarch i dont know :/

I thought Oligarch meant someone who made their money trough Oil lol, just googled it haha. Then maybe he is a oligarch i dont know :/

Funny how a word for powerful would sound so similar to the word for oil. Kinda fitting, really.:D

reminder that the UFC booked Matt Brown vs Diego Sanchez in 2017 and have a boring ugly shitty product and all of those things are okay and awesome

Are you a female? Why does it matter if the presentation of your fucking fight sport is "ugly"?

Yet another example of "I watch mma but the actual mma is the least of my concerns"

Are you a female? Why does it matter if the presentation of your fucking fight sport is "ugly"?

Yet another example of "I watch mma but the actual mma is the least of my concerns"

"Having any sort of aesthetic preference = Feminine" - You, a fucking retard

RIZIN = Return of Big Time JMMA! - My favorite promotion - JMMA in a ring full rules including elbows, soccer kicks, stomps, knees on the ground, 10 minute opening round, fight scored as a whole.

"Having any sort of aesthetic preference = Feminine" - You, a fucking retard

No its the fact that you care more about that than the fights themselves thats fucking retarded. Why are you on an mma forum and not an aesthetic design forum?

RIZIN = Return of Big Time JMMA! - My favorite promotion - JMMA in a ring full rules including elbows, soccer kicks, stomps, knees on the ground, 10 minute opening round, fight scored as a whole.

I do love the rule set and scoring no doubt.

No its the fact that you care more about that than the fights themselves thats fucking retarded. Why are you on an mma forum and not an aesthetic design forum?

You are a monumental dipshit, don't speak to me again

Nobody is necessarily saying they care about it more than the fights. But if given promotions with entertaining and quality fights, I'm picking the one that goes the extra mile to make it an enjoyable experience

Nobody is necessarily saying they care about it more than the fights. But if given promotions with entertaining and quality fights, I'm picking the one that goes the extra mile to make it an enjoyable experience

Rizin absolutely has a clean presentation, no doubt about it. Just for me when part of that presentation is taking about an hour out of your fight card for fighter intros and interrmissions it becomes completely over the top imo. Too much time wasted not just getting to the fights.

Lol wat? 15k people on last event.

That was their biggest event ever with nearly every big name they have on the card, look at the previous events or at their young eagles tournaments they aren't even able to fill small sport halls.

From the sport perspective ACB belongs the best, but everything else they have to improve.

That was their biggest event ever with nearly every big name they have on the card, look at the previous events or at their young eagles tournaments they aren't even able to fill small sport halls.

From the sport perspective ACB belongs the best, but everything else they have to improve.

Actually i have to agree with A-ZIK, ACB has poor attendance when they are outside of Russia, they have had full arenas in Russia several time. The only place where they have low attendance in Russia is Grozny. This year they had good attendance in almost every event they had(except Italy and Grozny). Bratislava had really good attendance despite having only 1 Slovak on the card. Dubai had good too, so did Baku(except the last fight where everyone left after Aliakbari). Brazil i dont really know, i heard it was almost outsold but i couldn't hear or see the people when watching that event.

Thanks for the tip, the fights in acb are pretty impressive.
I will definetly follow them. As far as the question remains why rizin is more popular than acb ... its simple most average mma followers didnt even heard about it while rizin is on national tv with millions of viewers. And freakshow fights always draw and are unpredictable. Akebono vs Bob Sapp had 50 million viewers when it aired on tv and i pretty shure most of the viewers didnt watch the fight to see matrix type fighting skils, they viewed it for the freakshow! Rizin shows are also pretty fun to watch, i just hope that this time the whole thing doesnt crash overnight again due to beeing the #1 mafia money laundering tool. By the way cant acb just join the next rizin worldgp?
I mean theyre fighters would get some serious wins.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back