Why does RIZIN get so much more attention than ACB around here?

Most people would like the big cards of a event to be a special spectacle, that's why KSW and Rizin are doing pretty good apparently.

I can respect that and enjoy it, but i also prefer ACB's approach of #LessShowMoreFighting, unfortunately it seems many people aren't into the actual SPORT of MMA, they are into drama, you can see how some fighters are ignored in UFC just because they are humble and don't talk too much. It's definitely a shame, because i find myself enjoying ACB and WFCA events much more than Bellator and some UFC cards.

For me, ACB 86 > all Rizin events i have watched thus far, but i totally understand someone that doesn't agree with that
The only notable fighter on Rizin's roster is Horiguchi.
Could you define "notable" for me, please?
And there was 600lbs sumo fighter in the ufc, but that doesnt count as a freakfight?
Lol at using that as a argument.. maybe 20 years back then you'd be right
Is ACB owned or run by horrible people? Serious question.
If you consider someone sexist as "horrible", yes
ACB's president is a lunatic

Huge compared to ACB.

7,900 at Fukuoka (8th biggest city in Japan) last weekend

NYE 2017 at Saitama Super Arena: 15k plus on the 29th and 31st
View attachment 378269

View attachment 378271
How it "huge nambers"? Each ACB event in Moscow or S-P make around 10k people. I was on ACB 80 in Krasnodar (16th city in Russia) - arena was full, what mean - 7500 people at least.

Why would just another UFC clone with cage and unifed rules be more interesting?

RIZIN mma is fought in the ring, where it is meant to be, and with superior rules that allow much more and add more varables to the game.

That makes Rizin automaticaly unique and different from UFC and it`s lower quality copies.
There is also Pride and JMMA tradition that is a big part of overall MMA history.

I personaly prefer ring and Japan Pride rules over UFC, cage, unified rules and american version of MMA, and I wish that Rizin brings ring MMA and Pride rules back to the top, to reach top quality with world`s best fighters and eventualy overtake UFC as no. 1 promotion.

Because Pride never die, that's why.

Back