Why don't people like the south?

I travel all over the states for work and I'll admit I found the Midwest (specifically Indiana and parts of Illinois) fatter and uglier than anywhere I've been in Texas. Texans were actually quite pleasant and nice. Can't say the same about the Midwest.

Release feral hogs, spend life chasing said hogs, pick peaches, fan sweaty balls. Sounds like a cherry deal. I'd take it. I'm jealous.

I travel all over the states for work and I'll admit I found the Midwest (specifically Indiana and parts of Illinois) fatter and uglier than anywhere I've been in Texas. Texans were actually quite pleasant and nice. Can't say the same about the Midwest.
Texas has hillcountry, beaches, like 4 of the biggest cities in the U.S.

Oil fields, deserts. It's just a huge state with alot to offer.

Guess you missed the 'most annoying accent' poll where everyone trashed the Boston accent and the people who have it. We take it as a compliment. The main problem with the south is that there's a contingency that thinks the south is going to rise again and Jesus is coming back, neither of which is going to happen.

The main problem with the South is that there's a contingency that thinks the South is going to rise again...neither of which is going to happen.

It is happening already, thanks to Obama and Trump.

You don't hear southerners talking about how much they dislike northerners.
Idk. Might be the poverty/low incomes, white trash/rednecks/hillbillies, bugs, shitty weather, humidity, crocodiles, shitty local governments that are oppressive. Just a guess.

Might be the poverty/low incomes, white trash/rednecks/hillbillies, bugs, shitty weather, humidity, crocodiles, shitty local governments that are oppressive.

California? Right on. Hillbillies are in West Virginia. Split from Virginia to join the North before the Civil War.

I'm British but the south's always sounded like the best part of America to me. I've always wanted to live in a trailer park in Kentucky or something like that. Maybe one day ...

Dream big buddy.

I live in Louisiana. Out economy is very dependent on oil and gas, and when gas prices are down the whole state's economy is down. There's a lot of poverty. High crime rates.The weather is almost always hot and humid. Roads are bad. The education system is bad. The food taste good, but is terrible for you. Higher than average cancer rates.

I would honestly leave this state if I didn't have family in the area, a decent job, and housing prices weren't so low here. I think the upper part of the South is better than the Gulf South. Places like Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia.

Well, there sure are millions of worthless people moving to Texas. Driving up home costs and crowding the place. Home prices have shot up 37% in the last 2 years and people are paying more than asking price because there are too many people moving in. Property taxes keep rising. Sucks when the house is paid for and I plan to stay here for a long time. Shit is out of control.

Thank you for taking our Katrina refugees back then. That was awful kind.

I'll second that. One finger 'salute' to the North. :)

preview.php

We are hard mother fuckers in the north, maybe the south is viewed as lazy?

New Orleans seams awesome with its music and food

cant give a shit about anything else down yonder

Yes, so much poverty in the South. Early 20th century fortunes were made in oil, steel, and railroad. Oil came from the South.

I'm British but the south's always sounded like the best part of America to me. I've always wanted to live in a trailer park in Kentucky or something like that. Maybe one day ...
Stop lying, you're a yellow peril bud

Back