Why Don't People smile anymore

Imagine this on the daily
NqFhwW4.gif

Maybe because I come from a place where people are constantly scowling, when I went to America I was delighted at how much people smile. Wonderful people

When I smile it makes others wanna smile.

[smull1]

My brother and I were playing ninja turtles once when I was about 6 years old and he ended out knocking out my front two teeth. After that, I spent about 2 years being teased about my two missing front teeth anytime I smiled or opened my mouth. Till this day I still feel self conscious smiling.

My ex used to have random guys at the grocery store come up to her and tell her to smile. It's literally the worst pick up line you could ever use. Not only are you annoying as fuck but why would someone just be sitting there smiling for no apparent reason? That's weird as fuck.

They fake smile sometimes, when they are being rude. Yes, it's weird right now.

I appreciate it when the cashier doesn't give me that fake smile.

I don't know you, bitch, just make my damn coffee so I can get the fuck outta this hipster shithole.

Yeah, but smiles used to be sincere.

I've been noticing that people especially those in the customer service and retail work space no longer smile.

So what I've been having fun doing is when I approach the counter and the employees managers are around or co-workers, I say out loud so everyone hears me "Where's your smile?" OR "why so sad? Life is wonderful"

This really seems to irritate and frustrate them even further.

Discuss...

Had a Canada Post worker give me 7 packages for my 8 delivery notices last week (backed up from strike). She didn't even fucking apologize when I pointed out her mistake.

You have one job...

While I don't see them smiling, I'll give them my smile, if they don't smile back, then I did my part on the least.

The thing that annoys me the most in customer service is when I say thank you and they reply “uh-huh”.

Like fuck off. And it’s usually some snot nosed high school kid.

Life is tough man.. People have real problems. Bless them if they don't feel like smiling.

cant tell people to smile and be happy when you have zero clue whats going on with their lives

Only a few weeks ago I saw a woman who I remember talking to at a friends wedding which was about eight months prior.

I said hello and remembered her name. She responded asking who I was. Which is fair enough, wasn't sure if she'd remember me.

After I quickly explain we were chatting at our mates wedding she acted horrified that I spoke to her. Like I was some sort of weirdo and promptly ended the conservation and walked away.

I literally did nothing to make her feel uncomfortable just said hello and told her where we'd met before as she didn't remember me.

I can see why some people don't bother if you get enough interactions like this.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Because everyone knows what you do to yourself when you're alone

Back