Why don't they ever learn?

Ankalaev is unlikable, but that's no reason to dismiss his skill. He has good striking, heavy hands, and a solid chin. He could keep the fight on the feet and if things get rocky he could dive for the takedown. Alex isn't untouchable on the feet and while he has power, it isn't Francis level where he is putting people out cold with one shot
Maybe not stone dead KOs but he pretty much beat Strickland, Jiri and Hill with one punch, needed some follow up but they were badly hurt by a single punch when previously they were not in danger at all.

Thinking you can stand with Alex and then switch to grappling if things look dicey I'd say is rather questionable, you could add as well he hurt Jiri's leg mostly with one lowkick.

It has become an Ego thing now

A thing of prestige

Everyone wants to try and defeat Pereira with Striking, with Pereiras Strength

Only then they feel they are fulfilled it seems.

They're trying to make a point, instead of Winning :D

Peireira dick riders are the worst the dude can be KTFO and has been KTFO! such delusion. Aspinal would end him.

Maybe not stone dead KOs but he pretty much beat Strickland, Jiri and Hill with one punch, needed some follow up but they were badly hurt by a single punch when previously they were not in danger at all.

Thinking you can stand with Alex and then switch to grappling if things look dicey I'd say is rather questionable, you could add as well he hurt Jiri's leg mostly with one lowkick.
That's why I'm excited to see this fight. I really hope they make it.

Ankalaev is saying that knowing that Pereira will likely think he (Ankalaev) is reallllly gonna grapple him, which will lead to Pereira not expecting a standup fight, giving Ankalaev the surprise advantage. In other words, he thinks Pereira thinks he is thinking something which he is actually not what he is thinking.

fck it I'm drunkk let the fight happen let's go vamonos cabrones.

It has become an Ego thing now

A thing of prestige

Everyone wants to try and defeat Pereira with Striking, with Pereiras Strength

Only then they feel they are fulfilled it seems.

They're trying to make a point, instead of Winning :D
I think its partly about marketing as well, stand up wars sell better and the UFC promotes fighters who deliver them.

Ank is trying to sell himself as a contender rather than the UFC doing Alex/Jiri 2.

It's a lame attempt at reverse psychology.

Probably hoping Poatan won't be as diligent in putting together an anti-wrestling gameplan. I'm not even sure if the fighters think this sort of thing works but Ankalaev might just be the least sharp tool in a shed full of mallets.

Eastern fighters are generally a bit more stupid than their western counterparts

Back