Why I hate Conor...and why I hope he wins...

What has Floyd ever done to demonstrate that he gives, even a passing fuck about anyone but himself or his kids?

He does not have anything to prove to you, or anybody else, so he keeps most of it behind closed doors. But to name a few from just one year:

In 2012, the boxer who calls himself “Money” gave $200,000 to the Three Square Food Bank in Las Vegas. Other donations have included $255,000 for the Rainbow Dreams Academy Charter School, $150,000 to Habitat for Humanity in Las Vegas, and $115,000 to the Susan G. Komen chapter of Southern Nevada.

He also paid about $50,000 worth of medical bills for a little kid with heart defects in Vegas. Probably saved the kids life.

But since Floyd is not out in the media talking about this stuff, you assume Conor McGregor (who made a media hooplah of the time he just talked to a dying kid) is the only one doing anything.

Floyd's an odd character. He has some unforgivable character flaws, no doubt. But let's not pretend the man is a monster.

Even though he won't.

I have never been a fan of the "raining money" shit-talkers of combat sports. As a former boxing fan I preferred the intense, quiet savageness of Iron Mike Tyson, during his rise, to the expletive spewing Don King hype-bot that he became later on. As an MMA fan I preferred the class and confidence of GSP to the "Til the death" likes of BJ Penn.

Trying to get emotionally behind either of these fighters has been a challenge. They are both crass, shallow and foul. There is no clear "hero" or "better man" in this scenario. They're both guys who come from little and therefore put bling and bank balances above all else. Driving the most expensive cars, throwing the most money at the stripper, wearing the most outlandish overpriced clothes...that's what they're about. Both of them are an inch deep and a mile wide.

So who to root for between these two bonafide douchebags? To make that decision I go to the tale of the "real life" tape. Through his philanthropic endeavours and political statements, Conor has shown to be a progressive. He, without a doubt, supports the rights of the LGBTQ community and is a voice for the disenfranchised and the poor in his home country. What has Floyd ever done to demonstrate that he gives, even a passing fuck about anyone but himself or his kids?

Now you might be saying "Who cares? I only care about fighting!"...goof for you. Fuck off. This discussion isn't for you. Go get your mom to wash your "TAP OUT" t-shirt and stfu. You're a drooling halfwit. But for some of us, character matters. If you beat your wife, it matters. If you do something good with your fame, it matters.

When all is said and done, Conor McGregor is the better man. Lets hope for the greatest upset in the history of athletic competition.

You are rather mentally challenged.

Even though he won't.

I have never been a fan of the "raining money" shit-talkers of combat sports. As a former boxing fan I preferred the intense, quiet savageness of Iron Mike Tyson, during his rise, to the expletive spewing Don King hype-bot that he became later on. As an MMA fan I preferred the class and confidence of GSP to the "Til the death" likes of BJ Penn.

Trying to get emotionally behind either of these fighters has been a challenge. They are both crass, shallow and foul. There is no clear "hero" or "better man" in this scenario. They're both guys who come from little and therefore put bling and bank balances above all else. Driving the most expensive cars, throwing the most money at the stripper, wearing the most outlandish overpriced clothes...that's what they're about. Both of them are an inch deep and a mile wide.

So who to root for between these two bonafide douchebags? To make that decision I go to the tale of the "real life" tape. Through his philanthropic endeavours and political statements, Conor has shown to be a progressive. He, without a doubt, supports the rights of the LGBTQ community and is a voice for the disenfranchised and the poor in his home country. What has Floyd ever done to demonstrate that he gives, even a passing fuck about anyone but himself or his kids?

Now you might be saying "Who cares? I only care about fighting!"...goof for you. Fuck off. This discussion isn't for you. Go get your mom to wash your "TAP OUT" t-shirt and stfu. You're a drooling halfwit. But for some of us, character matters. If you beat your wife, it matters. If you do something good with your fame, it matters.

When all is said and done, Conor McGregor is the better man. Lets hope for the greatest upset in the history of athletic competition.
It is considered rude and arrogant to judge another culture solely by the values and standards of one's own culture You should judge Floyd's culture and other groups relative to their own ethnic group or culture, especially with concern for language, behavior, customs, and religion. The woman Floyd beat up was deserving of the punishment according to the cultural values that Floyd belongs to.

Last edited:
I was rooting for Conor but now I want Floyd to win. Which he will.

I think Conor is a businessman/showman, not a terrible person. Rooting for him but if it goes past 2 rounds he is fucked beyond belief IMO.

That's BS man. His PR mode isn't an act; I mean, to a degree it is. But it is who he is. A self-centered over emotional guy, quick to talk shit and nit-pick you and try to get under people's skin in a really contentious way. That is who he is.
I didn't say it was an act, in fact I've always said Conor is being himself pretty much at all times, it's just that people behave differently in different situations, in a normal everyday situation Conor comes across as a good guy.

Good for you. A paragraph is too much for your tiny brain and attention span. This response should be automatically yellow carded for reasons of crimes against attempt at humour.
Well, to be fair, it was 5 paragraphs haha but still

The problem in combat sports though is if you are too nice and play everything by the book.. then no one seems to care much or you don't get enough hype. Look at Andre Ward for instance, he is the champ and his record is like 33-0 undefeated, and he is a super skilled boxer, he is as talented as anyone, but the buzz and hype about him is very very little compared to others with big mouths. thats combat sports

Cool story, bro.

One question though. Is the TS buying the ppv? If he is, then he's only donating to the 2 "douchebags" and further enrichen their lives that he obviously has a problem with.

Who gives a fuck about political stances? However, Floyd beating his wife automatically gives him the bigger POS award.

You wanna know who I hope wins? I hope the fuckin fans win and its not a total clusterfuck letdown of a fight.

He does not have anything to prove to you, or anybody else, so he keeps most of it behind closed doors. But to name a few from just one year:

He also paid about $50,000 worth of medical bills for a little kid with heart defects in Vegas. Probably saved the kids life.

But since Floyd is not out in the media talking about this stuff, you assume Conor McGregor (who made a media hooplah of the time he just talked to a dying kid) is the only one doing anything.

Floyd's an odd character. He has some unforgivable character flaws, no doubt. But let's not pretend the man is a monster.

Let's not getting carried away man. Those are tax breaks. Floyd IS a monster, and he'll look the part soon enough too.

Personal feelings aside every MMA should be rooting for Conor. This is a turning point in MMA history which can go either way.

Back