Why is bjj all drama

Regardless of leadership, gyms will have dicks. We've had them come and go, and they leave because they are the outlier. Once they find a gym full of dicks they stay. In my experience the smaller gyms have better camaraderie, while there are more jerks at larger gyms.

That's what I kind of thought but when I talked to the instructor and everything seemed cool, and the Muay Thai coach who does bjj too was saying everything's cool and she's a bitch, I'm more so just annoyed I have to talk to him haha idk why it's even a thing, I just wanna do this shit as a hobby and to relax. And I got out from half guard with underhook and when I got to my knees she shoved me and yelled "you wanna fucking go let's go let's go" and got all up in my shit. I literally just looked at her and didn't say anything haha and then the round ended

~DaViD~

If she starts acting out of line again introduce her to the knee on groin position.

I am the opposite. I try to just train, don't make eye contact or even remember names.

Probably a top down thing. My coach is super chill but takes zero shit and will toss someone from the gym or suspend them for drama and a bad attitude.

Is the MT coach maybe a bit more alpha than the BJJ coach? More chill?
The mt coach is pretty intense haha he's cool as fuck but will call you out for bullshit without hesitation. The bjj coach was like hey idk what happened just apologize. Which is fine by me i don't mind as long as I don't have to deal with this weird shit, but hey maybe that lax attitude harbors some of these heros.

~DaViD~

There are a handful of dramatic assholes in my Muay Thai gym. And basically none in my BJJ gym.

They are gi only flow rollers which is cool, I came from an eric Paulson inspired gym so my style is way different than theirs which I think is why that girl flipped out.
~DaViD~

Stop using oil checks to setup kimuras ;)

I have a theory that every Brazilian black belt could go get a job in portrait photography if the whole BJJ thing doesn't work out.

"Let's go white gis kneeling up front with thumbs tucked into their belts, blue gis second row middle with arms behind the back and black gis on the sides holding your outside fist up."

The 10th planet hipsters have the most offensive moves.

true like the "JEW CLAW" cant believe nobody has shit themselves over this yet in todays sjw world

its funny to watch just the types of guys who were doing tourneys back n 2008 to now most guys wore tap out vale tudo shorts came out quite aggressive even if they pulled guard ready to attack like a fight

now its a guy with a weird mustache and beard and and wobbles inverted at you

but the gym i came from never had any drama besides like 3 guys whom were kicked out out of its 11 years and they were mma wana be types so that was to be expected

That's what I kind of thought but when I talked to the instructor and everything seemed cool, and the Muay Thai coach who does bjj too was saying everything's cool and she's a bitch, I'm more so just annoyed I have to talk to him haha idk why it's even a thing, I just wanna do this shit as a hobby and to relax. And I got out from half guard with underhook and when I got to my knees she shoved me and yelled "you wanna fucking go let's go let's go" and got all up in my shit. I literally just looked at her and didn't say anything haha and then the round ended
~DaViD~

Did you reply, “I thought we just did?”

You should go again with her at the next opportunity and just toy with her, although that might be tough if she is really huge. Or just put her sleep.

Sounds like you've really just got a problem with this specific person but don't have any perspective outside of this to compare it too.

If you guys dont think theres drama in bjj gyms, youre fucking crazy
Marcello Garcia
LLoyd Irvin
How was Checkmat started?
GB's Sexual assualts
Gianni Grippo
Mike Fowler
Denny Prokopos revoking a black belt

I could do this all day. There is drama at every gym, some more frequent and high profile than others.

If you think BJJ is bad, try being a Pro fighter in a gym with other pros. When I was a full time athlete, I shut up, didnt give my opinion, and kept my dick in my pants. Kept me out of all trouble. Many people cant do all of those things.

When I was a full time athlete, I shut up, didnt give my opinion, and kept my dick in my pants. Kept me out of all trouble. Many people cant do all of those things.

Smart man

Back