why is cowboy fighting on free tv?

Cowboy is way too much of a company man. Just letting them use him for whatever. The guy should have moved back down to 155 after the Masvidal fight.

The guy just wants to Bang... doesn't matter. Fight Pass … PPV … or Cable. But he does need this win... seems like father time is closing in...

He gets to headline. Better to headline an event in a cool place like Singapore, than play third fiddle on a ppv that no one will pay for.

he's on quite a few but he normally either headlines a Fight Night card or is on the Fox cards; it's kind of weird putting him on Fight Pass.
He a company man and likes to fight when ever he can.

Look at his way to the lightweight championship fight with rda he took Alvarez than Myles jury, Henderson than makdessi. Jury and makdessi were nowhere near top ranked fighters but he fought them because he was taking fights.

So for him to take Edwards on a small card isn’t too much obscure for him to do. And he has fought plenty of fight night cards headlining then too.

He a company man and likes to fight when ever he can.

Look at his way to the lightweight championship fight with rda he took Alvarez than Myles jury, Henderson than makdessi. Jury and makdessi were nowhere near top ranked fighters but he fought them because he was taking fights.

So for him to take Edwards on a small card isn’t too much obscure for him to do. And he has fought plenty of fight night cards headlining then too.
I'm not surprised he would take it. As long as they are paying him he'll take the fight. I'm surprised the UFC put him on the card.

I'm not surprised he would take it. As long as they are paying him he'll take the fight. I'm surprised the UFC put him on the card.
yeah i think they will pay him well for the work he does for them. well i hope they do.

I doubt he gets PPV points, so why? He could be on a PPV and do lets say 300k buys while a Fox card can do over a million or two. That's a lot more exposure. Faber had previously said he'd rather headline the prelims over being buried on the main card.

Now there's a stat worth looking at - what fighter has appeared on the most number of free (cable) UFC cards? If we combine FP appearances (read: non PPV) then this will be his fifteenth non-PPV UFC bout.
thats a nifty little piece of trivia buds.

thanks for checking that out.

I've never been a cowboy fan so i find it hilarious how much he fights and where he ends up.....to be honest he should call it quits and retire.

Cowboy's got some miles on him. I can't imagine him fighting all that much longer. Doesn't he not spar anymore during his training? That right there should tell ya something about his longevity. I'm not a fan of his, but I also don't not like him... Him and Diaz need to square off again.

I can't afford Comcast cable. FS1 isn't free tv for me

Because they need at least one recognizable fighter on these crappy cards.

They love to bilk those foreign crowds.

In the UK it is on BT Sport so not on Fight Pass even if you subscribe to it in UK, which kinda sucks if you have fight pass and not BT Sport (Have both).

US viewers have the same issues with Fight Pass I have? Technical problems and shitty quality? (I have great Internet and get both Netflix and Amazon in 4k streams no issue)

shit like that is why I don't feel bad about streaming at all. For my whole childhood I was at the mercy of the whims of people I didn't know (in the movie/tv/movie theatre, etc...business). I simply don't give a shit about them and the technicalities they impose in order to squeeze the most cash out of a product. Today it's like, fuck it, ima just take it. And I love it.

<Moves>

Agreed.

Ali fought on free tv... Jordan and Gretzky played on free tv...

... but Cowboy fucking Cerrone is too damned special for the peasants to have the privilege of viewing on free tv.

TV ain't even free anyway, even illegal streams cost money to an ISP and the commercials on both rot yer brain

Ceronne is the perfect type of fighter for a main-event slot on a free card. Ceronne recently signed a new contract deal and he is earning much more show/win money than he used to. Unfortunately, I think this led to him getting matched, hence reducing his chances at earning both the show and win money.

Paying a fighter 75k/75k and giving him good matchups might cost a business more than paying him 100k/100k and giving him bad matchups.

Back