Why is Cyborg praised for her kickboxing showing but Conor bashed?

You're the one that said it had to be a fluke for that to happen. That's why I wanted to know your opinion of Mousasi's wins. Your statement would suggest that Mousasi beat those Kickboxing legends by way of fluke. That's disrespectful to what he accomplished. Mousasi fought two of the elite in Kickboxing and won. Cyborg fought one of the best in women's Muay Thai and looked like an amateur.

LOL and here you come with your hate for Cyborg.
That is the reason you try to nitpick an argument.

No, she did not look like an amateur. She looked like someone who didn't dedicate her life fighting MT.
Same as Conor. He looked like someone who didn't belong in a boxing ring.

Those are the rule.
If Mou is an exception, then it doesn't disprove the rule. It just shows he did what most can't.

But you are not here to defend Mou. You are here to bash Cyborg, which is the only reason you post in any thread. You hear Cyborg, and you have to attack whatever it is that it is said about her.

You are an idiot.
You probably love her, but hide your feelings with your disgruntled hate.

I don't get the difference, Cyborg got utterly outclassed against a champ in Muay Thai- she survived to the end and had a few moments, but for the most part she got battered. It also wasn't her kickboxing debut. Conor went in against a world champion boxer on his debut, got outclassed but had a few moments too. The only difference was he got finished, but he did survive until the 10th.

Yet for some odd reason, most people talk about Cyborg's survival as some proof of her striking ability- since she was against one of the best kickboxers and survived, and would smash her in the Octagon. But Conor was just a lolworthy failure against an old man. Are people really this dumb?

Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars_3.gif

tumblr_nwg3w0v7DY1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

FNqamE1.gif
Because she didn't go around saying "I'll stop her in 4 rounds," or "his head's too small," "I AM boxing," or any other ridiculousness all the while logjamming the 155lb division. And I haven't heard cyborg come up with a million excuses why she lost. Conor has every excuse in the book why he lost...except that he was simply out of his league. That's where I part ways with Conor. He needs to learn to lose with some class. That being said, Conor did a decent job. It was an exhibition but he held his own until he gassed. He deserves credit for that.

nah.
If this is the rule, show me more.

I gave you at least one other example. Hisaki Kato KO'd Joe Schilling twice. Once in MMA and once in Kickboxing. The myth of Kickboxer superiority is just that: a myth.

Nowhere did I say that it was a 'rule'. You were the only one speaking in absolutes. You didn't acknowledge any exceptions until after I brought up the example of Mousasi, and you initially tried to discredit it.

I said it is a rule.
And you tried to bring up Mou as a way to disprove it.
When I note it is an exception, you try to change the subject.

No, she did not look like an amateur. She looked like someone who didn't dedicate her life fighting MT.
Same as Conor. He looked
like someone who didn't belong in a boxing ring.

So, in other words, an amateur.

Last edited:
LOL and here you come with your hate for Cyborg.
That is the reason you try to nitpick an argument.

Same as Conor. He looked like someone who didn't belong in a boxing ring.

Those are the rule.
If Mou is an exception, then it doesn't disprove the rule. It just shows he did what most can't.

But you are not here to defend Mou. You are here to bash Cyborg, which is the only reason you post in any thread. You hear Cyborg, and you have to attack whatever it is that it is said about her.

You are an idiot.
You probably love her, but hide your feelings with your disgruntled hate.

That's an awful assessment of the McGregor fight, by the way. It's revisionist history. McGregor looked like he belonged in a Boxing ring for at least five rounds. Cyborg couldn't get anything going outside of a few good exchanges here and there. It's a terrible comparison, anyways. Mayweather != Baars.

Love it. Cybor going for the same old looping arm punch she always throws. Her nuthuggers love to talk about how great she is, but from a skills standpoint, she's fucking terrible.
Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars_4.gif

Baars spent a lot of time on the canvas iirc.

I don't get the difference, Cyborg got utterly outclassed against a champ in Muay Thai- she survived to the end and had a few moments, but for the most part she got battered. It also wasn't her kickboxing debut. Conor went in against a world champion boxer on his debut, got outclassed but had a few moments too. The only difference was he got finished, but he did survive until the 10th.

Yet for some odd reason, most people talk about Cyborg's survival as some proof of her striking ability- since she was against one of the best kickboxers and survived, and would smash her in the Octagon. But Conor was just a lolworthy failure against an old man. Are people really this dumb?

Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars_3.gif

tumblr_nwg3w0v7DY1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

FNqamE1.gif
Are you so insecure that you have to keep pretending that mcgregor is an underdog? The man made upwards of 100 million dollars this year. He won.

What the fuck do you want from us?

Because the only people around here who cared to watch that match were Cyborg fans to begin with.

Amateur would not take a legend of the sport to a decision win.
in other words, you are wrong... as usual.

'Amateurs' have beaten legends of the sport. Bob Sapp's Kickboxing skills are utter trash. He still trounced Ernesto Hoost. All Cyborg did was survive. I'm not impressed by her performance.

That's an awful assessment of the McGregor fight, by the way. It's revisionist history. McGregor looked like he belonged in a Boxing ring for at least five rounds. Cyborg couldn't get anything going outside of a few good exchanges here and there. It's a terrible comparison, anyways. Mayweather != Baars.

Nope, it is a fair one.
Conor looked good while Floyd allowed.
Floyd did not respect Conor.

Baars had to respect Cyborg throughout the fight.

Conor was (T)KO'd.
Cyborg went the distance.

But you hate cyborg. So you will NEVER allow the fact she did good.

Oh, and I was the one who said that BOTH lost because the probability you will lose when you fight someone who dedicated their lives to that sport, they will be better at it.

posting a gif of a punch that doesn't land?

I mean.. on the real, cyborg's technique Is god awful..always has been.

Respect to her for having the balls to step up and take on a challenge but ya

Don't mind him. He's dim. She looks off balance more than anything.

'Amateurs' have beaten legends of the sport. Bob Sapp's Kickboxing skills are utter trash. He still trounced Ernesto Hoost. All Cyborg did was survive. I'm not impressed by her performance.

You would not be impressed if she cured cancer while ending the conflict in the middle east.
You are just that blind of a hater (and that much of a hypocrite).

posting a gif of a punch that doesn't land?

I mean.. on the real, cyborg's technique Is god awful..always has been.

Respect to her for having the balls to step up and take on a challenge but ya
It lands on her chin that she's got tucked. Something sends her backwards lol. You Cyborg haters never quit do you?

Nope, it is a fair one.
Conor looked good while Floyd allowed.

You're dealing in conjecture, not facts. You have no way of knowing if Floyd carried Conor. I can make the same exact claim. Anytime Cyborg looked good (and that was rare), it was only because Baars allowed it. She dummed down her own abilities to make the fight more entertaining and last as long as possible.

Back