Why is diversity important for business?

CauseImbetta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't get it. Shouldn't it be competency based and not on what you look like? Google created this artificial work culture by nit-picking over what people look like. Non white men policy for a while. Can you believe it?

Police forces have to fill a quota of women, even though many won't pass training, for political correctness. They seem not to care that a women won't be able to pull me out of a burning building.

Wtf is going on?

Lol @ competency based.

Tell that to everyone who has a job becasue who their father knows or what “school and frat” these people belonged to.

I don't get it. Shouldn't it be competency based and not on what you look like? Google created this artificial work culture by nit-picking over what people look like. Non white men policy for a while. Can you believe it?

Police forces have to fill a quota of women, even though many won't pass training, for political correctness. They seem not to care that a women won't be able to pull me out of a burning building.

Wtf is going on?

I agree. You can tell how stupid it is by how Google is failing!

Because diversity is our strength. Duh.

Sure but money has no color. Only skill required. If men gravitate to computing and coding and military, so be it. No amount of bullshit quota will change it. Men are not lining up to be nannies.

They have a big lawsuit against them because of discrimination. Certain ethnic groups are dominating the engineering... the most important positions in the company. And the non-white/Asian groups get the bread crumb job positions.

i think its more complicated than either "side" of this issue cares to admit.

from the business/school's standpoint, of course theyre going to be better if they simply accept people based on merit.

from society's standpoint, i think it benefits everyone if we see people who look like us, in positions that we'd aspire to. if people feel as though they dont belong in a certain field, to the point where many dont even try, thats not good for any of us.

Wait what the fuck is going on here I thought we're supposed to be color blind.

Wtf is going on?

I actually agree with you itt, but you are contradicting yourself, because I've seen you argue for completely shutting down legal immigration in another thread.

Why nit-pick what people look like, or what country they come from, if they are the best man (or woman) for the job? If you can answer that, then you have an answer to your OP.

Ask the Japanese how only having one mindset worked out for them

Well my work continually passes up qualified turned out "white" apprentices for Phillipinos with fake certifications and who barely speak English. That's why our whole department is fucked

Diversity is just a code word for racism against whites. Gone are the days of the best man or woman for the job. People now get jobs based on ethnicity and rather than skill level or qualifications. It’s had a massive effect on the public sector in fire depts and police depts for years and now it’s fully infiltrated the private work force as well.

Money. Its looks good to appeal to a demographic group so you have a potential market from that community.

Back in 2008 a family friend was kinda known with us to be a bit on the homophobic side, 3 years later he's all for the cause. We know its bs though. Its just he realized that is untapped money that he could capitalize on. Most don't have kids, so thats a huge amount of disposable income he could target. Likewise, he ain't alone. Alot of businesses are like this.

And besides we have some bonus government agencies where you can apply for tax breaks or funds if half your employees happen to be women, it got kinda funny when they tried getting some more benefits if they had trans employees so they got up in that train too

Wow. How is the PD on scene before the FD?
didn't ask him. I'd assume he was probably right around the corner from the fire when 911 call went out.

FD guys responded from their fire station after they put down their protein shakes and suited up

Diversity is just a code word for racism against whites. Gone are the days of the best man or woman for the job. People now get jobs based on ethnicity and rather than skill level or qualifications. It’s had a massive effect on the public sector in fire depts and police depts for years and now it’s fully infiltrated the private work force as well.

Source?

This SJW stuff being in mainstream culture is recent. If google keeps perpetuating a culture of mediocrity, they'll go on the decline. Just look at IBM, in 1985 they were a behemoth of epic proportion, in today's terms they were bigger than Apple, and bigger than Google and Microsoft combined. And today, over 30 years later? A piece of garbage nobody remembers, all its' divisions and products were fragmented and sold to multiple parent companies.

Back