Why is Eddie Alvares so Afraid of Dustin Porrier?

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Ok, Eddie was getting worked in the first fight befoe eddie resorted to the illegal knee but come on man. You gotta man up and take the fight.

Sign the contract Eddie and Take your ass whoopin like a man.

Porrier is on an ass whooping spree.

I must have short term memory

before Eddie hit the illegal knee, wasnt he about to KO Poirerer anyway??

I know Dustin was winning the fight before that, but Eddie had him in some deep shit if I recall correctly

I was drunk though

You said it, Eddie don't won't to get his ass beat.

yeah eddie was losing, but then poirier started to get worked even before the knee, poirier looked like he was gonna get finished if the knee shit didn't happen.

eddie isn't scared of poirier.

I know Dustin was winning the fight before that, but Eddie had him in some deep shit if I recall correctly

I was drunk though
No, eddy was getting his arse kicked in

Eddie was starting to own that fight before the knee.

Dustin pulled a Weidman that night.

I was drunk though

From what I remember Eddie was rocked, had almost been finished and was kinda gassed out. Then there was a momentum swing and Poirier was on the defensive, then the illegal knee happened and the fight was stopped.

It kind of surprises me to see Eddie ducking Dustin like this, but at this point I don't see how they can avoid each other. The only real option is for them to fight or book Poirier Khabib since Tony is rehabbing and Conor is nowhere to be found and likely to be facing a possible suspension.

Bruh I think Eddie knows Dustin was gonna win that fight.

Dustin wasn't going anywhere and Eddie knew it.

With Tony on the sidelines and Conor doing whatever he's doing...Eddie is playing it smart and just holding his spot

Dustin will now do the same, no sense taking a risky fight when a title shot is already a real possibility

wasn't Poireir on the ground begging for mercy before he got hit with the knee?

Porrier was pushing Eddies shit in and during a scramble Eddie found a way out by hitting porrier with an illegal knee.

Poirier was on his way out. It’s Gaethje hadnt been so sloppy on Saturday, he would’ve gone out there too.

I don't know what Alvarez is thinking but considering his fight history and his record I don't think he's afraid of anyone, I'm sure he would step back in with Mcgregor any day to try and avenge his loss and I don't think he'd be doing it just for the money. I think one of the main reasons he hasn't agreed to fight Dustin Poirier again is because Eddie is ranked number 3 and fighting and potentially losing to a lower ranked fighter is not helping his case for another title shot. Personally I want to see the winner of Kevin Lee vs Barboza fight Poirier and Tony Ferguson fight Eddie Alvarez next, I know the timelines and injuries may not be perfect but I think that would be pretty wicked to see. I think it would also be exciting if Ferguson fought Poirier next and Alvarez got the winner of Lee vs Barboza... Either way I don't think Poirier vs Alvarez 2 needs to happen, not yet anyway.

Always get a kick out of this “fighter X is afraid of Y” BS. These guys FIGHT for a living.

Poirier has power in his hands but he's best when he has a punching bag to tee off on, like Gaethje. his game doesn't seem that well-rounded otherwise. it's certainly not an un-winnable fight for Eddie.

I don't know what Alvarez is thinking but considering his fight history and his record I don't think he's afraid of anyone, I'm sure he would step back in with Mcgregor any day to try and avenge his loss and I don't think he'd be doing it just for the money. I think one of the main reasons he hasn't agreed to fight Dustin Poirier again is because Eddie is ranked number 3 and fighting and potentially losing to a lower ranked fighter is not helping his case for another title shot. Personally I want to see the winner of Kevin Lee vs Barboza fight Poirier and Tony Ferguson fight Eddie Alvarez next, I know the timelines and injuries may not be perfect but I think that would be pretty wicked to see. I think it would also be exciting if Ferguson fought Poirier next and Alvarez got the winner of Lee vs Barboza... Either way I don't think Poirier vs Alvarez 2 needs to happen, not yet anyway.
Nailed it

I love how "pulling a weidman" is instantly understood.

Back