Why is everyone pretending that Kabib vs Mcgregor is going to be competitive

BringCodyBack

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
In the grappling department , Conor is a fish out of water , he is going to get completely destroyed, can´t Conor fan boys realize that Kabib can take Conor best shot , and completely ragdoll him on the condition & strength and wrestling department.

True odds is something like 90% Kabib vs 10% Conor

Stop pretending that this is going to be competitive, you are being sold wolf tickets

Khabib+Nurmagomedov+Takedowns+Rafael+dos+Anjos+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif

Last edited:
We don't know that Khabib can take Conor's left.

All we know is that Conor's weakness is Khabib's strength and Khabib's weakness is Conor's strength.

In the grappling department , Conor is a fish out of water , he is going to get completely destroyed, can´t Conor fan boys realize that Kabib can take Conor best shot , and completely ragdoll him on the condition & strength and wrestling department.

Stop pretending that this is going to be competitive, you are being sold wolf tickets
Conor is a more than competent grappler. Fish out of water? No

Saying Khabib can take Conor's best shot is a reach at best... more likely that it's wishful thinking actually.

We'll see

1. We have no idea if Khabib can take Conor's best shot.
2. Conor has been able to look competent on the ground with very capable grapplers in the past.

We don't know that Khabib can take Conor's left.

All we know is that Conor's weakness is Khabib's strength and Khabib's weakness is Conor's strength.

Only time I´ve seen Kabib remotely wobbled was vs Johnson, and regained his composure within a couple of seconds. Outside getting hit clean vs a fresh Conor and he capitalizes on it quickly, can´t see any other way for Mcgregor to win. That´s the 10% chance I´m giving Conor

In terms of pure logical deduction, Conor should be the favorite here, not Khabib (admittedly probably only a small favorite, but the favorite nonetheless.)

All McGregor needs is the ability to stuff some takedowns, and stall if he does get taken down. He doesn’t need to have developed a full, elite-level grappling game.

Agree when you're up against One Punch Man you may as well hand in your fake belt before the bell rings so the King can be recrowned.

Conors got a more well rounded ground game than beeb he isnt the better wrestler but conor submits khabib well before khabib submits conor...

The fact is khabibs bjjs sucks .. His wrestling is the only thing he has and uses .

can´t Conor fan boys realize that Kabib can take Conor best shot

See, this is silly.

You can say maybe Khabib can avoid Conor’s best shot, but to assume that he can take it, you make your opinion just as ridiculous as the people who are sure Conor can stop Khabib’s takedowns.

Khabib can certainly maul McGregor in the grappling department. No doubt.

BUT

What evidence do you have to suggest he can take Conor’s Best shot(s)? Does he have Nate Diaz’s chin?

Conors got a more well rounded ground game than beeb he isnt the better wrestler but conor submits khabib well before khabib submits conor...

The fact is khabibs bjjs sucks .. His wrestling is the only thing he has and uses .

I kind of agree. I think Khabib’s ground game and finishing ability are both severely overrated. They’re hardly shit, by any means, but if he was as destructive on the ground as people claim he’d have significantly more finishes vs his higher lever opponents.

And Khabib is like a fish out of water in the striking department so it kinda evens the whole thing out a bit.

Only time I´ve seen Kabib remotely wobbled was vs Johnson, and regained his composure within a couple of seconds. Outside getting hit clean vs a fresh Conor and he capitalizes on it quickly, can´t see any other way for Mcgregor to win. That´s the 10% chance I´m giving Conor
And outside of laying on Conor like a blanket for 5 rounds I can't see any other way for Khabib to win.

Khabib can certainly maul McGregor in the grappling department. No doubt.

BUT

What evidence do you have to suggest he can take Conor’s Best shot(s)? Does he have Nate Diaz’s chin?

All evidence, points out that Kabib has a iron chin , and a fast recovery

Conor is not a 5rd fighter his best rds are 1 & 2 after that power fades, gas fades, and he as to resort to actual fighting.

Conor needs to pressure through 1& 2 and pressuring means coming forward which means tds are now more likely. Conor is in trouble.

Back