Why is everyone pretending that Kabib vs Mcgregor is going to be competitive

Conor is not a 5rd fighter his best rds are 1 & 2 after that power fades, gas fades, and he as to resort to actual fighting.

Conor needs to pressure through 1& 2 and pressuring means coming forward which means tds are now more likely. Conor is in trouble.
he went 5 with Nate at 170 and won

he's trained for a high level boxing contest and probably got a good deal of advice in the cardio arena from some of the best in the game in that sense

it's definitely a hole in his game but it's also highly likely he shows up better condition than he's ever been In and manages energy better than he ever has as well. Certainly looks better conditioned than he's ever been, It's silly to assume past fights, particularly those at 170 will necessarily provide an accurate frame of reference.

This is just poor, short sighted analysis

Khabib has missed weight 3 times
Conor never missed weight for featherweight
Never
So using your logic Khabib is the dude trying to gain a size advantage

Face it bro your boy is an overrated can crusher who will lose for the first time
It's ok everybody losses once and a while

Missing weight shows a lack of discipline nice try. He’s still a natural lightweight. Look at the guys at WW. Has Connor made his career beating smaller men yes or no? Answer that

Yes they did think Alvarez would ragdoll Conor.. everyone said because Nate could beat Conor that most top LW would beat him.. especially a wrestler... Because Conor lost to Nate they didn't think he would make it at LW. Even most MMA fighters claimed this... Remember.. Alvarez had just beat RDA who people hyped like they are hyping Habib.... which gets back to my original point.. Habib could get exposed just like RDA and Alvarez did..

No one thought Eddie would ragdoll Connor lmao. I don’t care what people thought on here this forum is the epitome of stupidity with this thread and yourself being a prime example. All analyst and betting odds had Connor winning. Just like they have Khabib the favorite now. End of story

I did not know that striking isnt ACTUALLY fighting thanks for clearing that up. <Huh2>

Nice try rookie trying to save face like there's no distinction between types of fighting one can do in a locked cage. Come try and twist this one

How hard are you trolling right now? I was giving you a shot to keep having your fun.

It’s sad how when you give facts about certain situations/scenarios and the foolish have no substantive rebuttal they just dismiss it as trolling. Just lazy

It’s sad how when you give facts about certain situations/scenarios and the foolish have no substantive rebuttal they just dismiss it as trolling. Just lazy
It's more so how you disregard information and your replies. For example, I gave you a list of examples of grapplers and you shrugged it off as smaller fighters even though Max is probably about the same size and Mendes is probably heavier than Conor.
Also, you said the phrase "big facts." Just screams troll to me. That's all.

No one thought Eddie would ragdoll Connor lmao. I don’t care what people thought on here this forum is the epitome of stupidity with this thread and yourself being a prime example. All analyst and betting odds had Connor winning. Just like they have Khabib the favorite now. End of story

So then post proof. I would go through the trouble but you seem to be a lost cause...

Also, you just said this site is stupid yet most here are assuming Habib will win... You just refuted yourself..

he went 5 with Nate at 170 and won

he's trained for a high level boxing contest and probably got a good deal of advice in the cardio arena from some of the best in the game in that sense

it's definitely a hole in his game but it's also highly likely he shows up better condition than he's ever been In and manages energy better than he ever has as well. Certainly looks better conditioned than he's ever been, It's silly to assume past fights, particularly those at 170 will necessarily provide an accurate frame of reference.

This is just poor, short sighted analysis

Time will tell if he made any significant improvement in cardio stamina, but it's far more easier to conserve energy in boxing than in MMA you clench in boxing ref pulls you apart and you recover and reset. You clench in MMA you can get taken down and eaten while the ref yells "Fight Back"....

Or he beat the guys he was suppose to while Connor was submitted by three of them. Stay mad. Conman will be humiliated come oct 6
lol who's mad? Conor would be his best win and it's not even close.

He fought 26 nobodies lol

I want Khabib to win, I want him to go on a be a dominant champ in the division. I would be lying if the thought of Conor cracking him with a left and finishing him didn't cross my mind and I would definitely be lying if I didn't think Conor was going in with the training and gameplan necessary to beat Khabib. I pay a lot of attention to the smart fighters, they are the only ones I care about because you can expect consistency in the future, from what I have seen Conor is smart fighter and he has the means to surround himself with the necessary people to get him prepared for this fight. Heading into the Stipe vs DC fight, I was at least 70-80% sure that DC would win that fight, heading into this fight, I'm probably 50-60% sure Khabib will win this fight. I would love to come across someone that is totally sure either Conor or Khabib will walk away with the win, we don't have too much to go on going into this fight besides the simple style clash.

The implied probability on the books for Conor is about 40-45% (IIRC).

If you believe Conor truly only has a 10 percent chance, you should be betting the farm on this fight.

In reality, the lines are approximately correct.

lol who's mad? Conor would be his best win and it's not even close.

He fought 26 nobodies lol
UFC career so far:
1. Kamal Shalorus - Tremendously hyped vet with only one loss going into the fight. 2-3 since.
2. Gleison Tibau - tough grappler who gave Khabib his hardest fight to date. 6-6 since.
3. Thiago Tavares* - Undersized, but solid bjj fighter who Khabib knocked out with a vicious uppercut and elbows early. 5-3 since.
4. Abel Trujillo - Mildly decorated wrestler who got mauled. 5-3-1 since.
5. Pat Healy - Gritty veteran who was more than capable in all areas. 5-7 since.
6. Rafael dos Anjos (Ranked 5) - Well rounded grappler turned muay thai wrecking machine. Went on to win the belt and defend it once. Moved to welterweight and found success there. 8-3 since.
7. Darrell Horcher - Not much to say here. Late replacement after Ferguson pulled out. 1-1 since.
8. Michael Johnson - (Ranked 6) - Inconsistent fighter who is very talented offensively, but lacks defense standing and grappling. 1-2 since.
9. Edson Barboza (Ranked 4) - Excellent takedown defense, but offers little off of his back. 0-1 since.
10. Al Iaquinta (Ranked 11) - Solid opponent who is only out of the top 10 because of a dispute with the UFC/Dana. Late replacement after Ferguson pulled out. Hasn't fought since.
*Khabib missed weight while Tavares failed the drug test for drostanolone.

Short of Horcher, it's hardly a list of nobodies since being in the UFC.

lol Conor was only a couple years older with a couple more fights and blew out his knee.
“Blew out his knee”
giphy.gif

In the grappling department , Conor is a fish out of water , he is going to get completely destroyed, can´t Conor fan boys realize that Kabib can take Conor best shot , and completely ragdoll him on the condition & strength and wrestling department.

True odds is something like 90% Kabib vs 10% Conor

Stop pretending that this is going to be competitive, you are being sold wolf tickets

Khabib+Nurmagomedov+Takedowns+Rafael+dos+Anjos+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif
Bet your account

It's more so how you disregard information and your replies. For example, I gave you a list of examples of grapplers and you shrugged it off as smaller fighters even though Max is probably about the same size and Mendes is probably heavier than Conor.
Also, you said the phrase "big facts." Just screams troll to me. That's all.

Max is a grappler now?{<BJPeen}And he had a broken foot. Mendes? I mean he’s an excellent wrestler but his positional grappling is poor like all TAM and Connor still laid there. He rushes that choke and admitted it. I asked you to give me examples of excellent grappling from Connor that makes me think he has a chance against Khabib and you listed fleeting examples of clinch reversals against smaller guys. Stop it

Time will tell if he made any significant improvement in cardio stamina, but it's far more easier to conserve energy in boxing than in MMA you clench in boxing ref pulls you apart and you recover and reset. You clench in MMA you can get taken down and eaten while the ref yells "Fight Back"....
true, boxing remains the king of conditioning in combat sports though

I'd expect the best conditioned Conor In his career for this one but we'll see

The first time Conor touches him on the cocksucker with his left it’s gonna be good night sweet prince

Back