Why is Floyd so Obsessed with Conor?

Dont Frye

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Even the haters must appreciate the trolling skills of Conor.

Floyd beat him in the ring...and made it look easy.

Now...Floyd actually got trolled into stepping inside the cage.

Conor is a genius. His brand is going to soar after this emphatic win.

I bet that boxing loss was his plan all along.

Nobody cares if Floyd gets beat in the cage. It's just about money.

Even the haters must appreciate the trolling skills of Conor.

Floyd beat him in the ring...and made it look easy.

Now...Floyd actually got trolled into stepping inside the cage.

Conor is a genius. His brand is going to soar after this emphatic win.

I bet that boxing loss was his plan all along.

I think you've got this the other way round. Mcgregor is a rank amateur when it comes to trolling and self-promotion. Floyd's the actual genius. Even when he's retired from his sport, he still manages to effectively remain it's biggest star with his unrivaled ability to get everyone talking about him

Floyd doesn't give a shit about Conor. He only cares about money and maintaining his profile when he's not fighting.

There's every chance Floyd is just cooking up a deal to cross-promote MMA and boxing with Dana, and he's just using McGregor as part of his PR stunting. I can see Floyd announcing that he's becoming an MMA promoter or even a UFC stakeholder.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts for McGregor, who demanded an ownership stake in the company, but was rebuffed. I can actually see Dana and WME thinking Floyd's value as a promoter is strong enough to give him a percantage in UFC to help boost the company.

I think you've got this the other way round. Mcgregor is a rank amateur when it comes to trolling and self-promotion. Floyd's the actual genius. Even when he's retired from his sport, he still manages to effectively remain it's biggest star with his unrivaled ability to get everyone talking about him

Floyd doesn't give a shit about Conor. He only cares about money and maintaining his profile when he's not fighting.

There's every chance Floyd is just cooking up a deal to cross-promote MMA and boxing with Dana, and he's just using McGregor as part of his PR stunting. I can see Floyd announcing that he's becoming an MMA promoter or even a UFC stakeholder.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts for McGregor, who demanded an ownership stake in the company, but was rebuffed. I can actually see Dana and WME thinking Floyd's value as a promoter is strong enough to give him a percantage in UFC to help boost the company.

Conor's promotion skills are on another level compared to Floyd's. Floyd is only getting people to talk about him because he's talking about Conor, the guy that everyone really cares about.

Conor's promotion skills are on another level compared to Floyd's. Floyd is only getting people to talk about him because he's talking about Conor, the guy that everyone really cares about.

Everyone was talking about Floyd before he even said a thing about Mcgregor. That instagram post of Floyd stepping into an MMA cage had nothing to do with Mcgregor and made no mention of him, yet the whole world was talking about it. Floyd could have meant coming to MMA to fight CM Punk for all anyone knew.

It's not a bad argument.

But, Floyd's PPV sales have been terrible over the past 5 years.

Conor's brand is presently on fire.

Floyd has that old man syndrome. It happens to every dude in his 40's.

Everyone was talking about Floyd before he even said a thing about Mcgregor. That instagram post of Floyd stepping into an MMA cage had nothing to do with Mcgregor and made no mention of him, yet the whole world was talking about it. Floyd could have meant coming to MMA to fight CM Punk for all anyone knew.

He wouldn't even be toying with everyone's minds by stepping in an MMA cage if not for his recent rivalry and fight against MMA's biggest star.

And of course everyone is gonna assume it's Conor he'd be fighting. That doesn't really need spelling out unless you're a retard.

He wouldn't even be toying with everyone's minds by stepping in an MMA cage if not for his recent rivalry and fight against MMA's biggest star.

And of course everyone is gonna assume it's Conor he'd be fighting. That doesn't really need spelling out unless you're a retard.

Dude, if Floyd said he's coming out of retirement to fight Canelo or GGG or Lomachencko, it'd probably be bigger news worldwide than his MMA trolling. Gets off Connor's nuts for a second, and realise that Floyd making noise about fighting in any sport is global news. He doesn't need McGregor to make headlines. He's in the Daily Mail every day, just because they scour his instagram to see what he's spending money on today.

Last edited:
It's not a bad argument.

But, Floyd's PPV sales have been terrible over the past 5 years.

Conor's brand is presently on fire.

Floyd has that old man syndrome. It happens to every dude in his 40's.

When you've got 4 of the 5 biggest PPV in boxing on your resume (the most recent one being last year), you will always be seen as a valuable moneymaker. Weak PPV's against no-name opposition like Andre Berto get instantly forgotten when everyone knows his potential to generate revenue with the right dance partner. Everything floyd does generates publicity as well, and you can't put a price on that. He puts mainstream media eyeballs on him. Him promoting UFC is a no-brainer business decision if you are Dana or WME.

Dude, if Floyd said he's coming out of retirement to fight Caneo or GGG, it'd probably be bigger news worldwide than his MMA trolling. Gets off Conner's nuts for a second, and realise that Floyd making noise about fighting in any sport is global news. He doesn't need McGregor to make headlines. He's in the Daily Mail every day, just because they scour his instagram to see what he's spending money on today.

I never said he needed Conor to make headlines, did I? I said Conor's promotional skills are on another level compared to Floyd's, and they are. Take Floyd's nuts out of your mouth instead, noob.

I never said he needed Conor to make headlines, did I? I said Conor's promotional skills are on another level compared to Floyd's, and they are. Take Floyd's nuts out of your mouth instead, noob.

What an amazing argument. I'm totally convinced now. Conor's promotional skills are on another level cuz you say so. Gotcha.

I think Conor is more obsessed with Floyd. He will never get over his loss.

What an amazing argument. I'm totally convinced now. Conor's promotional skills are on another level cuz you say so. Gotcha.

Conor's promotional skills got him a shot at the biggest star of a whole different sport, just two years (and one month) after he headlined his first PPV ever. That is next level promotional ability if you ask me.

I think Conor is more obsessed with Floyd. He will never get over his loss.

Bingo. With Conor, his pride and ego is permanantly bruised.

With Floyd, Conor is just another tool to self- promote and get people talking. Strictly business.

Last edited:
Conor's promotional skills got him a shot at the biggest star of a whole different sport, just two years (and one month) after he headlined his first PPV ever. That is next level promotional ability if you ask me.

Conor is a fucking employee. Dana White is his promoter. Every opportunity he's gotten, has because his actual promoter let it happen. Fighting for two division championships....Dana. It takes no special promotional talent for a famous MMA fighter to call out Floyd Mayweather. Ronda Rousey was doing the exact same thing before Conor, and got just as much attention for it. The only reason Rousey didn't get a shot in the ring against Floyd before McGregor is because of her gender. And Dana came up with the whole "lets call out Floyd" playbook. He just passed it on from Ronda to Conor.

Floyd is his own promoter. He's the boss. Nothing happens unless he wants it to. There's a big difference.

They know they can make money working together. I think they would do a Buddy-Cop movie together one day or a reality show as long as it put big money in their pocket. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we see a documentary about their whole rivalry in 10 years or so.

When you've got 4 of the 5 biggest PPV in boxing on your resume (the most recent one being last year), you will always be seen as a valuable moneymaker. Weak PPV's against no-name opposition like Andre Berto get instantly forgotten when everyone knows his potential to generate revenue with the right dance partner. Everything floyd does generates publicity as well, and you can't put a price on that. He puts mainstream media eyeballs on him. Him promoting UFC is a no-brainer business decision if you are Dana or WME.

Those Top 5 PPV's were all 10 years ago.

You are right; it's all about the dance partner.

Conor is doing exactly what Floyd did...pick an opponent that is just outside of his prime.

If McGregor does troll Mayweather into the cage...it will be the greatest business move in MMA history.

Those Top 5 PPV's were all 10 years ago.

You are right; it's all about the dance partner.

Conor is doing exactly what Floyd did...pick an opponent that is just outside of his prime.

If McGregor does troll Mayweather into the cage...it will be the greatest business move in MMA history.

You do realise Mayweather vs Paccquiao was in 2015. 3 years ago. The highest PPV in boxing history.

And Mayweather vs Canelo (the 4th highest PPV ever) was in 2013, 5 years ago

I think you are a little bit misinformed

Connor is a fucking employee. Dana White is his promoter. Every opportunity he's gotten, has because his actual promoter let it happen. Fighting for two division championships....Dana. It takes no special promotional talent for a famous MMA fighter to call out Floyd Mayweather. Ronda Rousey was doing the exact same thing before Connor, and got just as much attention for it. The only reason Rousey didn't get a shot in the ring against Floyd before McGregor is because of her gender. And Dana came up with the whole "lets call out Floyd" playbook. He just passed it on from Ronda to Connor.

Floyd is his own promoter. He's the boss. Nothing happens unless he wants it to. There's a big difference.

lol Who cares? Floyd used to be a "fucking employee" as well. Someone's gotta be the boss and someone's gotta be the employees, it's just the way the world works, my friend.

Having said that, Floyd isn't as much of a boss as you think. He isn't even the CEO of his own promotional company - Leonard Ellerbe is. He also has Al Haymon and several others backing him as a team, and all of those guys are the REAL brains of the outfit. Floyd signs the back of his checks; Those other guys sign the front.

Back