Why is Gilbert Burns Fighting...

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Lando Vannata?

He was scheduled to fight Olivier Aubin Mercier tonight at UFC on FOX. However, he missed the maximum pre-weigh in weight allowance and was too heavy, thus deemed it unsafe to allow him to make 156.

So, why isn't he rescheduled to fight Mercier? Shouldn't this get punished for being stupid, rather than being rewarded with a quick turn-a-round to face a guy who he has a good chance of submitting? (sorry Lando fans).

If OAM is injured, I can understand, but look what happened with Dodson vs Munhoz, Munhoz supposedly couldn't cut the extra weight because of some hotel shortage of hot water.... take from that what you will, but they rescheduled it for next week's event - not with some random fighter.

I agree, he should be put in stocks in the town square while fat neckbeards berate him for being heavy

I think they should've let him fight OAM. He's never missed weight, and apparently he was water loading when they weighed him anyway.
Let the guys who know how to cut weight effectively do so; don't punish everyone for the transgressions of a few fat fucks.

I think they should've let him fight OAM. He's never missed weight, and apparently he was water loading when they weighed him anyway.
Let the guys who know how to cut weight effectively do so; don't punish everyone for the transgressions of a few fat fucks.
I agree, but these new rules don't allow such mistakes... he should have known this. It is a shame, it was a pretty good fight.

It's a punishment for being 89 lbs over the weight limit:meow:

OAM is likely getting a fight before Burns. UFC wanted him on the London card, OAM turned that down and asked for a spot at 223.

Lando Vannata?

He was scheduled to fight Olivier Aubin Mercier tonight at UFC on FOX. However, he missed the maximum pre-weigh in weight allowance and was too heavy, thus deemed it unsafe to allow him to make 156.

So, why isn't he rescheduled to fight Mercier? Shouldn't this get punished for being stupid, rather than being rewarded with a quick turn-a-round to face a guy who he has a good chance of submitting? (sorry Lando fans).

If OAM is injured, I can understand, but look what happened with Dodson vs Munhoz, Munhoz supposedly couldn't cut the extra weight because of some hotel shortage of hot water.... take from that what you will, but they rescheduled it for next week's event - not with some random fighter.
Fighting Lando is his punishment. Im sure this way Gil will have a devastating loss then get cut. Lando is def one of the best LW's on the planet, AND, he is only 25 and getting better by the day.

Fighting Lando is his punishment. Im sure this way Gil will have a devastating loss then get cut. Lando is def one of the best LW's on the planet, AND, he is only 25 and getting better by the day.

I feel like you're overrating Vannata and underrating Giblert in this scenario.

We should expect a close fight here. It'd be awesome to see some spinning shit land like a lightning strike and put an exclamation mark on the bout, but both guys are really durable.

Back