Why is it GOATs disproportionately lose to guys named Matt?

Holy mother of God....

Before GSP and even before Matt Hughes, the UFC WW GOAT was none other than Pat Miletich.

And guess who Pat lost to?

You'll never believe it.

Matt Hume and Matt Lindland

Pat was actually 15-0 when he lost to Matt Hume!

<Moyes5>

(mic drop)
Holy sheet

I miss the Pride ring mat.
I miss brutal mismatches and freak show fights.

Honestly, I like my serious MMA sandwiched between freak contests in a ring with half naked obese men banging drums.

Is it too much to ask bro?

I miss brutal mismatches and freak show fights.

Honestly, I like my serious MMA sandwiched between freak contests in a ring with half naked obese men banging drums.

Is it too much to ask bro?
Totally with you on this one

Kinda want more people to see this anomaly. There has to be something to this Matt theory.

MattHamill4-350x197.jpg

Anderson KO'ed stiff by Matt Weidman.
Fedor demolished by Mattfoot Silva
BJ Penn beaten twice by MattSP
Aldo put down in Matteen seconds by MattGregor
Don't forget conor getting throttled by mattweather....

GSP's only two losses on record are to Matt Hughes and Matt Serra.
Fedor's only stiff KO is from Matt Mitrione.
Jones's only loss on record is to Matt Hamill. He also had an embarasing loss in wrestling to Matt Riddle of all fucking people.
Royce Gracie also lost to Matt Hughes.

also, i am told that Pat Miletich, who used to be the badass in UFC before the guys above, lost to Matt Hume and Later to Matt Lindland.

BJ Penn is the only big one i can find that has a positive Matt record (beat Matt Hughes twice and Matt Serra once, losing only once to Hughes)

<TheWire1>
<[analyzed}>

- Wonderboy was 57-0 in kickboxing and 6-0 in MMA and probably thought he was on the cusp of GOATness when he finally lost his first pro fight to none other than Matt Brown.

- Phil Baroni's nickname was "Tha Best Eva" (just another term for GOAT) and was undefeated at 3-0 before he lost to Matt Lindland.

- Travis Lutter was "The Michael Jordan of BJJ"(another way of saying GOAT) yet he was knocked out by Matt Lindland.

- The unexplained phenomena extends beyond MMA. Take the most recent Super Bowl for example. Matt Ryan and the Falcons were really taking it to the GOAT Tom Brady and the Patriots for most of the game. It looked like another typical slaughter of a GOAT by a Matt. The Falcons were doing so well that they had thought they were putting on the GOAT performance in the first half. Of course the laws of physics came into play, and we were suddenly reminded the Defensive Coordinator for the Patriots is Matt Patricia. Matt Patricia stepped his foot down late in the game and his team barely edged the Falcons despite their near flawless GOAT performance in the first half.

When I was a little boy I thought it was all about good guys vs bad guys...

Or cops vs robbers...

Or cowboys vs indians...

I had no idea the real battle this whole time was actually GOATs vs Matts

- Wonderboy was 57-0 in kickboxing and 6-0 in MMA and probably thought he was on the cusp of GOATness when he finally lost his first pro fight to none other than Matt Brown.

- Phil Baroni's nickname was "Tha Best Eva" (just another term for GOAT) and was undefeated at 3-0 before he lost to Matt Lindland.

- Travis Lutter was "The Michael Jordan of BJJ"(another way of saying GOAT) yet he was knocked out by Matt Lindland.

- The unexplained phenomena extends beyond MMA. Take the most recent Super Bowl for example. Matt Ryan and the Falcons were really taking it to the GOAT Tom Brady and the Patriots for most of the game. It looked like another typical slaughter of a GOAT by a Matt. The Falcons were doing so well that they had thought they were putting on the GOAT performance in the first half. Of course the laws of physics came into play, and we were suddenly reminded the Defensive Coordinator for the Patriots is Matt Patricia. Matt Patricia stepped his foot down late in the game and his team barely edged the Falcons despite their near flawless GOAT performance in the first half.

When I was a little boy I thought it was all about good guys vs bad guys...

Or cops vs robbers...

Or cowboys vs indians...

I had no idea the real battle this whole time was actually GOATs vs Matts
damn. good research

My favorite one was Matt Holm knocking Ronda the fuck out.

It just goes to show that it MATTers to be named Matt in mma.

Back