Why is it GOATs disproportionately lose to guys named Matt?

you mean...

Matt and FEDOR in one name
the power is stronk with this one

Untitled.png

Well, I guess that explains why USADA is undefeated.

The only reason Fedor beat Matt Lindland is because Fedor grabbed the ropes to stop the takedown.

Otherwise Matt would have won.

Obviously.

And when Demetrious finally loses we will all know it was Matt Hume's fault.

Matt, in ancient Greek Mythology (adopted from earlier Egyptian, adopted from earlier Nubian mythology) was "Matteus" - the lord of goats.

He was commonly pictured holding up a severed head of a goat in one hand and a club in the other. In the epic battles he typically beat the goat's neck like a pinata until the head ripped off for him to hoist up to the sky in defiance of goatkind everywhere.

Draw any conclusions you like but it would be weird if the mythology was 100% unrelated to MMA championship fights...

<TheWire1>

The Dolphins and the Patriots still have to play twice this year.

I guess it only makes sense to put some money on Matt Moore toppling the GOAT

My name is matt i introduce myself as matthew cuz nobody no one remember my name if i say matt

GSP's only two losses on record are to Matt Hughes and Matt Serra.
Fedor's only stiff KO is from Matt Mitrione.
Jones's only loss on record is to Matt Hamill. He also had an embarasing loss in wrestling to Matt Riddle of all fucking people.
Royce Gracie also lost to Matt Hughes.

also, i am told that Pat Miletich, who used to be the badass in UFC before the guys above, lost to Matt Hume and Later to Matt Lindland.

BJ Penn is the only big one i can find that has a positive Matt record (beat Matt Hughes twice and Matt Serra once, losing only once to Hughes)

<TheWire1>

Its one of the most common 1st names for people born between 1960-2000. It's statistically more likely to lose a fight to someone named Matt

lol @ "disproportionately lose"

fedor got subbed by fabricio "matt" werdum as well

Matt sounds like a grappling mat so they have an unfair ground advantage.

"A Matt (or just Mat) will make the best boyfriend/guyfriend ever. With their big brown eyes, and heart-melting smile it's hard not to fall for them. They are different, in a beautiful way. Even though they've had a bad past, you'll never know it. They are really strong people, and they change for the better. They are there when you need them, and they value their friendships. They like to look good, and dress well. Handsome, and charming. Very successful at life, make great Dads. Known to be players but when they meet that special girl, their sold. Matt's come off as tough and solid, but deep down, their soft side comes out and you see the sweet gentleman in them. They're not popular, but not a loner either. Friendslovethem, and guys want to be him. They have a really laid back attitude about themselves, but at the same time they can be the life of the party. Even though they can be a jerk at times, they mean well and are really the nicest guys ever. If you have a Matt, don't let him go. None other compares."

~KenFlo

Back