Why Is It Ok To Heckle Sports Players

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Why is it socially acceptable for people to scream and cuss out sports players when they at work?

this dude was just trying to take a break and people pressing him for no reason.

Stadiums should just start tossing out hecklers. Cheering for your team is fine but just stay quiet when the other team is doing good. We need more positive energy

They do it because there's security. No chance they talk shit to these athletes on the streets.

there are barriers between players and fans, as a fan you can talk shit abut entire teams and every single person in the organization but the players need to keep face, dont wanna get suspended and miss a paycheck, basically that is what prevents them from kicking your ass when you call them worthless cucks who cant catch a fucking ball

It's a good question. It's not okay to heckle a comedian or a play, but it's okay to do it to athletes

I guess because you don't need to hear in order to watch sports, so it doesn't matter if people yell. And keeping track of who is yelling good stuff vs bad stuff would be a nightmare.

Not saying that it is okay but if you pay good money to see your team and they’re sucking ass then you should give them the business. They’re millionaires who don’t even put in an effort? But there should be lines that can’t be crossed, like talking about their family. But if you say they suck and they’re a bum, whatever, they should be able to take it, after all they’ll hop into their Ferrari and go to their mansion.

Lol at all the snow flakes itt...sticks and stones can break my bones, but names can never hurt me...

Try talking shit to Mike Milbury.

I'm not a heckler or a shit talker to athletes, but I do enjoy a good "booing" of an athlete or to drown out the visiting team fans that try to get a chant going. It's all in good fun though.

Fuck that my tax dollars pay their salary so I let em know how I feel about them, their families and their whole generation!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Because sports isn't a common, everyday job. You get paid millions for playing a child's game.

Sports are an outlet for people to let out their aggression and their asshole-ness. There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed (family, race, religion), but for the most part it should be a free for all.

The only dude's I WON'T heckle are pro combat sports people. Mostly cause almost all of them could kick my ass (except maybe like a Jake Shields if he can't take me down).

As for basketball, football, baseball players? They're playing children's games for amounts of money that most people really REALLY can't comprehend. Many are in a position where they can buy a 10 mil house and STILL have money to blow on like 5 cars that are like 850k a piece..... and they're STILL rich after all that...

there are barriers between players and fans, as a fan you can talk shit abut entire teams and every single person in the organization but the players need to keep face, dont wanna get suspended and miss a paycheck, basically that is what prevents them from kicking your ass when you call them worthless cucks who cant catch a fucking ball
To be fair... Marcus Peters is a CB getting paid big bucks and seemingly getting burned every other week... so not only is he at a position that you only start playing cause you can't catch and as such can't be a receiver..........

well, its free speech as far as the law goes, so what is society supposed to do about it?

other fans should confront him and potentially get in a fight and legal trouble to protect a millionaire's ears?

I gladly trade my mundane life for millions of dollar, hawt cheerleaders, and hecklers talking smack to me for a little bit. What kind of a thread is this?

<JagsKiddingMe> <JagsKiddingMe> <JagsKiddingMe>

<Prem973> <Prem973> <Prem973>

Bill Burr had a great bit on this. You fucking dorks boo and heckle athletes because in general the athletes can't do shit back but most importantly you all doing this are insecure, sad sacks of shit who are unhappy with themselves.

I always thought it was pathetic whenever i go to a ball game and some unathletic slob would be booing and saying shit like; "Get off the field you fucking pussy!!! Fucking bum you suck!!". I look at what this guy looks like saying this and it's no wonder.

Figures @Possum Jenkins aka Pissum Jenkins would be one of these unathletic pukes. I still remember part of that quote about how excited Pissum was to be showering with other black kids in the locker. What was the exact quote @INeedARemedy ??

Back