Why is Max ranked higher P4P then DC, TJ, Ferg, Woodley?

Should Max be ranked so high in P4P?

• Total voters
1) Jones
2) DJ
3) Stipe, DC, Woodley
4) Dillashaw, Ferguson, Holloway
5) Aldo, Cruz
6) McGregor, Khabib, Romero, Whittaker, Wonderboy, Edgar

But then I'll probably see this list when I wake up tomorrow and wonder what the heck I was thinking.

rank.png

We all know the current rankings are joke, but how bad does it have to be? Max is a great fighter, but is he more proven then guys like Daniel Cormier, Stipe, TJ, or Woodley who all have title defenses or multiple titles?

Max's best win is Aldo, which is great but Max has yet to even defend his title.

I would argue Tony is a better fighter then Max, but Tony is the IC and doesn't have any defenses.

Stipe has more title defenses at fucking HW, which is notoriously hard to do.
The P4P list is in shambles at this point. It's ridiculous that they have fighters who have never defended their title above those who have defended theirs several times.

His place is deserved.
Tj? Tj's longest win streak is 4. Notable wins barao and cody. Definitely more deserving than tj.

Maybe Dc could be placed above him if he didn't just get knocked out by jones, even though it was thrown out, he still just got knocked out. Max beat aldo who is also a goat contender with jones.

In the ufc stipe's longest streak is 5 wins and the division is crap.

Tyron had a draw not to long ago and even throwing that out it would only be a 5 win streak that includes split decisions.

Ferguson has been doing quite well as of late but only recently got into the title level matches and has 1 BIG win in rda.

Max definitely deserves his spot

I don't think DC even has a top 10 win at heavyweight. His only two good wins at LHW are Gus and Rumble and he arguably lost the Gus fight.

Max has beaten Aldo, Pettis, Cub, Lamas, Stephens and Oliveira in dominant performances. These guys were all top 10 at the time.
Not sure how you can possibly make that claim. Josh Barnett was mid top 10 at worst. The Bigfoot who DC KO'd in 1 round was ranked #3 in the UFC a little over a year later. I think Roy may also have been fringe top 10. Same with Mir. DC left the HW division ranked at #2 or #3 (don't quite remember).

At LHW DC has two wins over Rumble and a win over Gus (dispute the scoring at your peril, that was 49-46 or 48-47 DC at worst). Rumble is a better win than any you listed apart from Aldo. Apart from his fights with DC, Rumble is 11-0 at LHW and above, with knockout victories over a who's who in the LHW division. Nobody but DC has been remotely competitive with him.

Victories in multiple classes is the definition of p4p. You think Max would have a nice time at 155?

Last edited:
Because he's on an 11 fight winstreak and just ko'd aldo?

And yes I do believe max is more proven than dc, stipe, woodly and TJ. He's pretty much squashed everyone he came across for the most part.

Isn't the idea of pound for pound that if two fighters of different weight classes were the same size fought, who'd win? If the Klitschkos were the size welterweights, or if Floyd was the size of a heavyweight, Floyd would take them to school in either scenario.

Whoever made the list probably think Max takes out everyone below him in the rankings if they were the same size

I don't think DC even has a top 10 win at heavyweight. His only two good wins at LHW are Gus and Rumble and he arguably lost the Gus fight.

Max has beaten Aldo, Pettis, Cub, Lamas, Stephens and Oliveira in dominant performances. These guys were all top 10 at the time.
Josh Barnett was top 6 i think. Pretty sure Nelson was at top 10 too.

Isn't the idea of pound for pound that if two fighters of different weight classes were the same size fought, who'd win? If the Klitschkos were the size welterweights, or if Floyd was the size of a heavyweight, Floyd would take them to school in either scenario.

Whoever made the list probably think Max takes out everyone below him in the rankings if they were the same size
No, because different weight classes makes necessary different skills, what works at HW probably won't work at BW. P4P has always been about accomplishments.

Last edited:
As much as people complain about him how is woodley, the only active champ who actually fights and has multiple defenses, lower than Holloway?

What I know is that DJ should not be in that list. The pool of fighters in his division is lame and he was scared of Dillashaw. Also, he's a manlet.

Nice to see Max get a little marketing push finally. Make no mistake thats all that list is - marketing

Tony should be #1. Best UFC win % of them all. But hey I know what it is.

cuz he has a PPV coming up.

rankings are all made up to promote fighters before ufc ppvs

Fedor should still be #1

He has 6 ranked wins in a row. He pretty much cleared his division on his way to becoming champ with the exception of Edgar.

rank.png

We all know the current rankings are joke, but how bad does it have to be? Max is a great fighter, but is he more proven then guys like Daniel Cormier, Stipe, TJ, or Woodley who all have title defenses or multiple titles?

Max's best win is Aldo, which is great but Max has yet to even defend his title.

I would argue Tony is a better fighter then Max, but Tony is the IC and doesn't have any defenses.

Stipe has more title defenses at fucking HW, which is notoriously hard to do.
Maybe people have ranked the fighters by how good they think they are at fighting, rather than just accomplishments? I think Holloway is a better fighter than DC, Stipe, Woodley.

Edit: also, even on accomplishments, Max looks great. One of the longest win streaks in UFC, and against a lot of quality fighters. It isn't all about the belt you know. The belt is a marketing device. Max finished Aldo, destroyed Cub, destroyed Pettis, dominated Lamas, beat Oliveira (albeit weirdly). He is more than proven.

Back