Why is Mir a favorite over GOAT Fedor?

They can knock each other out but Mir will be huge unless he drops a lot of his new fat. On the ground I think Mir definitely wins if he's on top

Is it because it’s not “prime” Fedor? Or is it because he’s in less of his prime than Mir? Or is this prime Mir?

Is it the 3 year youth advantage Mir has? Because “prime” Fedor lost to “old” Hendo by vicious KO

Because Mir can win by KO or sub and Fedor honestly has a Puncher's Chance, as kissed as that makes Fedor Fans... it's true

:rustled:

Because Vegas isn't into losing money.

Fedor's just a brawler these days, age, stopped by mitrione, training with leg injury. Mir being able to tear a limb off even while hurt... any number of reasons why this could be bad for fedor. In their primes I think fedor fucks frank up since he always had shitty wrestling and his jiu jitsu is crap other than locking on a sub. but those days are long gone

Because fedor has the shoulders of an our of shape 185 lb fighter- guy, forgot how to use sambo, and only gives himself a punchers chance with his current fight style... And Mir is really big.

Mir has a weakness against brawlers and guys that can clinch and dirty box him. See his fight vs Shane Carwin. Prime Fedor destroys him in 1 minute like Carwin and Barnett did.

Unfortunately for Fedor, his chin is shot now. So he goes in for that 1 minute finish and 1 good counter from Mir can put him out. And Mir has good boxing..

And on the ground, Mir is more technical and bigger. Fedor's explosiveness isn't there anymore. So, he's not going to be pulling armbars, sweets, etc. on Mir.

Unfortunately I have to give this fight to Mir.

As much as I want Fedor to win, he nearly got ktfo by a fat Maldonado by all people. Watch Mir vs Duffee to see how he can deal with sloppy brawlers. And sadly, that's all Fedor seems to do at this stage of his career and he has lost the speed to overcome his opponents technical advantage.

As much as I want Fedor to win, he nearly got ktfo by a fat Maldonado by all people. Watch Mir vs Duffee to see how he can deal with sloppy brawlers. And sadly, that's all Fedor seems to do at this stage of his career and he has lost the speed to overcome his opponents technical advantage.

I see what you're trying to say but I wouldnt compare Fedor's entry speed and approach to punching to Todd Duffee's in the Mir fight.

I see what you're trying to say but I wouldnt compare Fedor's entry speed and approach to punching to Todd Duffee's in the Mir fight.

Neither, but Duffee punches a lot harder than what Fedor does. Duffee flatlines people, Fedor can too but I don't see him nearly as much as dangerous as Duffee at short range and Fedor leaves himself open when closing in from a distance, he likes to lunge in with an overhand right, he doesn't set his big shots up very often, he usually closes it via speed and he is not as fast and agile as he was 10 years ago.

If Mir can land a counter, Fedor isn't eating it. He's going down and going down hard.

Neither, but Duffee punches a lot harder than what Fedor does. Duffee flatlines people, Fedor can too but I don't see him nearly as much as dangerous as Duffee at short range and Fedor leaves himself open when closing in from a distance, he likes to lunge in with an overhand right, he doesn't set his big shots up very often, he usually closes it via speed and he is not as fast and agile as he was 10 years ago.

If Mir can land a counter, Fedor isn't eating it. He's going down and going down hard.

Dufee doesnt punch harder than Fedor, not even close. Tell me when you saw Duffe floor someone with his weak hand... Ill wait...

Fedors understanding of foot work, kinetic linking and over all punching tecnhique is on a MUCH higher level than Duffee who wings power shots like a bum.

Dufee doesnt punch harder than Fedor, not even close. Tell me when you saw Duffe floor someone with his weak hand... Ill wait...

Fedors understanding of foot work, kinetic linking and over all punching tecnhique is on a MUCH higher level than Duffee who wings power shots like a bum.

Now that is absolute garbage. I don't care if he's fighting bums or not....the guy punches like a freight train. Out of 9 wins, all 9 come by way of knock out, 8 of those in the first round and has one of the fastest KO's ever recorded in UFC history. Fedor only developed one punch KO power later in his career, the only two people he really face planted were AA & Rogers and that is over 40 fights. He has good power but he typically tko's power by overwhelming volume and speed.

And when did Fedor ever flatline anyone with a weak hand ? He throws massive overhand right bombs any chance he gets...he leans his entire body into it.

I love Fedor and think he is truly one of the all time greats, but you are truly delusional.

Fedor is "a shell of a ghost of a pale imitation of the fighter he used to be".

Whereas Frank is merely "past his prime".

Prime vs prime Fedor wrecks him but it's 2018 now, sadly.

Now that is absolute garbage. I don't care if he's fighting bums or not....the guy punches like a freight train. Out of 9 wins, all 9 come by way of knock out, 8 of those in the first round and has one of the fastest KO's ever recorded in UFC history. Fedor only developed one punch KO power later in his career, the only two people he really face planted were AA & Rogers and that is over 40 fights. He has good power but he typically tko's power by overwhelming volume and speed.

And when did Fedor ever flatline anyone with a weak hand ? He throws massive overhand right bombs any chance he gets...he leans his entire body into it.

I love Fedor and think he is truly one of the all time greats, but you are truly delusional.

The punch Fedor KOd Rogers with is way harder and faster than anything I've ever seen Duffee come close to throwing.
tumblr_mjxq00VYZQ1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Same with the punch Fedor threw at Mirko when Mirko was pressuring him, luckily for Mirko it missed.
6o25py.jpg

Not to mention Fedor flooring a 400lb Zulu with one punch and with his left hand.
fedor_zulus_by_oz-d4pakxd.gif

Fedor for a 225lb man was generating way more speed and power per square inch than a 260lb Todd Duffee and it was possible because Fedor's technique was so much better. Unless you're blind you can see he was hitting way harder and faster than Duffee. So again, I dont see how you can predict how it will go in a Fedor vs Mir striking exchange based what you saw in the Mir vs Duffee KO. Duffee obviously has power but hes a plodding brawler, Fedor is bouncy on his toes and wings casting punches. Totally different styles.

Last edited:
Fedor's just a brawler these days, age, stopped by mitrione, training with leg injury. Mir being able to tear a limb off even while hurt... any number of reasons why this could be bad for fedor. In their primes I think fedor fucks frank up since he always had shitty wrestling and his jiu jitsu is crap other than locking on a sub. but those days are long gone
Fedor also had shit wrestling and no jiu jitsu to speak of.

The punch Fedor KOd Rogers with is way harder and faster than anything I've ever seen Duffee come close to throwing.
tumblr_mjxq00VYZQ1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Same with the punch Fedor threw at Mirko when Mirko was pressuring him, luckily for Mirko it missed.
6o25py.jpg

Not to mention Fedor flooring a 400lb Zulu with one punch and with his left hand.
fedor_zulus_by_oz-d4pakxd.gif

Fedor for a 225lb man was generating way more speed and power per square inch than a 260lb Todd Duffee and it was possible because Fedor's technique was so much better. Unless you're blind you can see he was hitting way harder and faster than Duffee. So again, I dont see how you can predict how it will go in a Fedor vs Mir striking exchange based what you saw in the Mir vs Duffee KO. Duffee obviously has power but hes a plodding brawler, Fedor is bouncy on his toes and wings casting punches. Totally different styles.
You can tell who punches harder by how a punch looks?

Mir has always had a paper mache chin, if Fedor touches him he's going to sleep, Fedor doesn't need to be George Foreman to do that

Back