Why is Mir a favorite over GOAT Fedor?

Because Mir will do whatever it takes to win this fight.

The punch Fedor KOd Rogers with is way harder and faster than anything I've ever seen Duffee come close to throwing.
tumblr_mjxq00VYZQ1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Same with the punch Fedor threw at Mirko when Mirko was pressuring him, luckily for Mirko it missed.
6o25py.jpg

Not to mention Fedor flooring a 400lb Zulu with one punch and with his left hand.
fedor_zulus_by_oz-d4pakxd.gif

Fedor for a 225lb man was generating way more speed and power per square inch than a 260lb Todd Duffee and it was possible because Fedor's technique was so much better. Unless you're blind you can see he was hitting way harder and faster than Duffee. So again, I dont see how you can predict how it will go in a Fedor vs Mir striking exchange based what you saw in the Mir vs Duffee KO. Duffee obviously has power but hes a plodding brawler, Fedor is bouncy on his toes and wings casting punches. Totally different styles.

All I said was Duffee has more power, I never mentioned speed or technique. Fedor torques his entire body into his shots to gain power and has only ever shown big power from an overhand rights so where you're getting this pounds per square inch nonsense makes no logical sense. All of his ko's (Again, to which there are only really two one punch knock outs) came from the way of huge lunging overhand rights.

Fedor hits hard, we get it. But his power isn't anything special for a HW, out of 40 fights he has two one shot KO's. He relied heavily on speed & volume in his peak to typically overwhelm an opponent.

Mir could land a counter and Fedor these days doesn't appear to have the durability to eat shots, especially from someone as big as Mir....Mir doesn't hit like a freight train but he is a big HW with good basic boxing fundamentals. I didn't predict anything, so please don't put words into my mouth.

Mir has always had a paper mache chin, if Fedor touches him he's going to sleep, Fedor doesn't need to be George Foreman to do that

This is garbage, Mir has usually taken a pretty prolonged beating before he is finished. He tends to fold under heavy pressure but in no way does he have a glass chin. Hunt is the only guy I can recall flat lining him with one shot but I could be wrong, feel free to provide examples.

This is garbage, Mir has usually taken a pretty prolonged beating before he is finished. He tends to fold under heavy pressure but in no way does he have a glass chin. Hunt is the only guy I can recall flat lining him with one shot but I could be wrong, feel free to provide examples.

His chin is garbage b

Is it because it’s not “prime” Fedor? Or is it because he’s in less of his prime than Mir? Or is this prime Mir?

Is it the 3 year youth advantage Mir has? Because “prime” Fedor lost to “old” Hendo by vicious KO

Mir has taken A LOT more damage than Fedor...starting with Ian Freeman, to Cruz and the prison yard beating from Lesnar (Mir had no idea where he was after that)....to Carwin, JDS, Barnett, Hunt, etc. It's not even close. Mir is definitely older in fighter years.

Mir has taken A LOT more damage than Fedor...starting with Ian Freeman, to Cruz and the prison yard beating from Lesnar (Mir had no idea where he was after that)....to Carwin, JDS, Barnett, Hunt, etc. It's not even close. Mir is definitely older in fighter years.

I think Mir has taken more damage however I think he aged better. Mir is true to his age IMO. Fedor is more like a 45 year old IMO. Fedor didnt hit highs and lows. He had his run, had his peak, had his decline and hes been shot ever since. Mir had his rise, then broke his leg in the motorcycle accident and then came back to the UFC, became champ,then got brutalized, then got on Steroids and eventually declined once TRT got banned and has been resting for 2 years. I think both guys have their share of miles, but I think Mir is slightly younger and healthier than Fedor.

His chin is garbage b

It's fine. He isn't the most durable but he certainly isn't a glass jaw. He has a better chin than AA imo. He has been flush ko'd by one shot many times and gets wobbled all the time.

Fedor shouldn't have even been the favourite against Flabbio Maldonado, no chance he's gonna be favourite against Mir.

I think Mir has taken more damage however I think he aged better. Mir is true to his age IMO. Fedor is more like a 45 year old IMO. Fedor didnt hit highs and lows. He had his run, had his peak, had his decline and hes been shot ever since. Mir had his rise, then broke his leg in the motorcycle accident and then came back to the UFC, became champ,then got brutalized, then got on Steroids and eventually declined once TRT got banned and has been resting for 2 years. I think both guys have their share of miles, but I think Mir is slightly younger and healthier than Fedor.

Fedors style has relied on speed and agility, which is typically the first thing to go. Mir has been sporting knee straps for quite sometime and has been on the receiving end of a few beatings...I don't think either guy is really in any better shape than the other it's just that Mir can just get away with it a bit more easily in a fight, he has put on a lot of mass & slowly improved his striking over the years.

He could not take Carwins shots, so that must mean he has a glass chin.
Cheesus you need to polish of your SD logic!

Fedor shouldn't have even been the favourite against Flabbio Maldonado, no chance he's gonna be favourite against Mir.

He should have been a favorite against Maldonaldo, he should also have fought a lot better.
Being a HW and going against a unranked 205 should make you a fav.
In that fight Fedor did just not live up to it.

He should have been a favorite against Maldonaldo, he should also have fought a lot better.
Being a HW and going against a unranked 205 should make you a fav.
In that fight Fedor did just not live up to it.
Fabio actually trains regularly and works on his striking, that is why he should've been the favourite.

Fedor hasn't done any of that for 7 or 8 years in my eyes, he has 1 big-ish punch and nothing else!

Fabio actually trains regularly and works on his striking, that is why he should've been the favourite.

Fedor hasn't done any of that for 7 or 8 years in my eyes, he has 1 big-ish punch and nothing else!

Hmmm Fedor is a HW and claimed to be the greatest of all time.
This fight was in Russia, the judges was approved by a commission that Fedor was the president of.

3 fights before facing Fedor, Madonald got stopped by a beat down at HW by Stipe.

At that time Stipe was on a 2 fight winning streak after a loss to Struve.
Both fights before was decisions and I am pretty sure not many was making Stipe is the next champ threads around here.

Fedor was the favourite because he could be nothing else.
I am pretty sure NOBODY before the fight picked Fabio to win or even be able to do shit to Fedor.
We make up the he should not have been / he should have been after the fight because it did not have the out come we expected.

He could not take Carwins shots, so that must mean he has a glass chin.
Cheesus you need to polish of your SD logic!

I'm confused, I was defending Mir saying I don't think his chin is all that bad ? Carwin unloaded a bunch of uppercuts on Mir....those would of put out many heavyweights.

Edit: Never mind, I missed the sarcasm !

Because he's been getting handled by middleweight and LHW's and is fighting a genuine HW with superior grappling who happens to have around 30lbs on him, not sure why you'd pick Fedor other than hope he lands a lucky punch.

I am pretty sure NOBODY before the fight picked Fabio to win or even be able to do shit to Fedor.
We make up the he should not have been / he should have been after the fight because it did not have the out come we expected.

A lot of fools were writing off Fabio as some bum but I was actually one of the only people who said it wont be an easy fight for Fedor.

A lot of fools were writing off Fabio as some bum but I was actually one of the only people who said it wont be an easy fight for Fedor.
and many picked Flabio to win too, I don't know what rock Isa was sleeping under

mir has this unless fedor really pulls something out of his ass and fedor is my dude.

Fedor also had shit wrestling and no jiu jitsu to speak of.
So when he was taking people down and armbarring them, what was that ? Sambo is wrestling, bjj, mixed with strikes and judo throws.

Back