Why is PC gaming the "master race" when their best games are console ports?

So is a console and its not any harder to set up a PC for couch and wireless controller gaming then a ps4. Hooking up a Duel shock 4 wireless to a PC is literally the same as a PS4.

If you give a tech-retarded layman a PC and PS4, what do you think they'll be able to get started easier?
It's honestly why a lot of people buy consoles. And I get what you're saying, I'm 100% PC, so I know the benefits and simplicity. But consoles have made millions off of the fact that KIDS can operate them.

If you give a tech-retarded layman a PC and PS4, what do you think they'll be able to get started easier?
It's honestly why a lot of people buy consoles. And I get what you're saying, I'm 100% PC, so I know the benefits and simplicity. But consoles have made millions off of the fact that KIDS can operate them.

Young kids will have a easier time but there is no reason why a adult shouldn't know how to use HDMI and Bluetooth

Again, I'm not arguing against that.
If you play on a PC and want a console experience, sure, setup a HTPC and some wireless controls. Although its comfortable, it doesn't come close to taking advantage of what REAL PC gaming can do.
But if you're a serious PC gamer, you will ONLY game on a 144hz or higher, less than 4msrt, and whatever resolution gives you the competitive advantage.

It was a surprisingly accurate episode too. I thought they would get it all wrong but they didn't.

That's what made it so great they were dead on accurate with it. Plus all the other shit it was just perfect.

Again, I'm not arguing against that.
If you play on a PC and want a console experience, sure, setup a HTPC and some wireless controls. Although its comfortable, it doesn't come close to taking advantage of what REAL PC gaming can do.
But if you're a serious PC gamer, you will ONLY game on a 144hz or higher, less than 4msrt, and whatever resolution gives you the competitive advantage.

If this is your argument I agree. My main issue was the argument you came up with before about it being a pain in the ass to connect your TV to your PC. All of this stuff you brought up about the monitor is true but me personally I just don't care about any of that honestly. I game on my 60inch TV try to use a controller when I can and use my lapboard when I can't. As far as competitive advantage I'm much more of a single player game guy although I always have a nice multiplayer game that I hop onto in when I get tired of my solo games here and there but I hardly take it so seriously as to have a proper gaming mouse\keyboard\monitor. My cousin just came from PS4 and he's all about that stuff. Getting the right keyboard\mouse\monitor.

The original GTA was nothing like the ones out now, Driver was the first major hit in that style, and at the time was commended for the tech breakthroughs to play like it did.

They saw how well it did and bought the rights to GTA and made it play more like the driver style.

If you had played these games instead of just looked up release dates online it would be obvious to you.
Lol, I've played every single GTA, including London 1969, and played Driver 1 and 2.

The only thing they took from Driver and added to GTA was 3D 3rd person. Once again, that's just natural progression.

Lol, I've played every single GTA, including London 1969, and played Driver 1 and 2.

The only thing they took from Driver and added to GTA was 3D 3rd person. Once again, that's just natural progression.
Lol

The original gta on pc looked and played more like the origianl Zelda than driver.

Completely different play type.

That's what made it so great they were dead on accurate with it. Plus all the other shit it was just perfect.

If this is your argument I agree. My main issue was the argument you came up with before about it being a pain in the ass to connect your TV to your PC. All of this stuff you brought up about the monitor is true but me personally I just don't care about any of that honestly. I game on my 60inch TV try to use a controller when I can and use my lapboard when I can't. As far as competitive advantage I'm much more of a single player game guy although I always have a nice multiplayer game that I hop onto in when I get tired of my solo games here and there but I hardly take it so seriously as to have a proper gaming mouse\keyboard\monitor. My cousin just came from PS4 and he's all about that stuff. Getting the right keyboard\mouse\monitor.

Yeah the whole pain in the ass to hook up to TV is my personal setup. I've got all my HDMI slots on my TV taken up with other crap.
I've had the HTPC setup before, but have replaced it completely by just using Plex. If I need to browse or stream something to my TV, I just Airplay from iPad to Apple TV.
The monitor makes a huge difference in FPS, racing, or anything fast twitch based. It's honestly a game changer for anything requiring response time.

The monitor makes a huge difference in FPS, racing, or anything fast twitch based. It's honestly a game changer for anything requiring response time.

Yea that's what I've heard I just hardly ever play games like that. My cousin says it's helped him a ton in Rainbow Six.

Uh, you honestly have no clue who you're talking to.
Wireless mouse and keyboard? Gaming on a fucking TV? You've got to be fucking shitting me.
Have you played on a 27 inch monitor with 144hz and GSYNC?

You need to have the realization that not everyone must play on the best hardware available.

The total war series is a kickass pc exclusive that sets the minimum hardware requirements above what the current consoles can ever handle but in general you know why console games are king, they have all the dev money spent on them. Larger market, larger budget.

That and the damage to cars and property. In the original gran turismo (1998) on the Sony playstation the cars would get a little damage but nothing compared to driver (1999), and then gta 3 (2001).

Fuck that 144hz bullshit. I'd rather play 60 fps at 4k. The majority of my games are single player besides WoW.

144hz makes a huge difference not only in gaming but overall OS UI experience.
It may seem like no big deal to some, but anyone that's gamed on a screen with high refresh rate cannot go back to anything less.

Also 4K on anything less than 40 inches is a waste.
And even then, if you sit far away its even more of a waste.

It may seem like no big deal to some, but anyone that's gamed on a screen with high refresh rate cannot go back to anything less.

Also 4K on anything less than 40 inches is a waste.
And even then, if you sit far away its even more of a waste.
oh, i'm not disagreeing. you're right. Just the system power you need alone to max out games in 4k in 60 fps is hard enough. 144 hz be killer. yeah, i'm above 40 inches lol. got a whole man cave set up, bar, bongs and nerd shit lmao.

You guys don't get it.
I'm on my PC 99% of the time. The argument I'm presenting is that couch gaming is much easier and idiot proof with a console. Did you guys even see the list of things I said PC does better? Don't be such elite douchebags and realize that consoles DO have some benefit. I can't even believe I'm arguing this side, I'm usually slamming the console nubs.

If I plug my laptop into my TV, I will have to disconnect either my PS4 Pro, Roku 4K, or Apple TV. Change the video settings to be optimal for gaming and then adjust the scaling for 4K. I take my laptop around because its a laptop, so it's not going to sit by the TV as a dedicated PC console. Annndd I really don't even see the reason to couch game when I have a 144hz 1440p Gsync monitor and a mechanical keyboard. Wireless latency + 4K msrt, no thank you.

Original Post:
This is a praiseworthy endeavor, but you're wrongly focusing on hardware setup instead of the other things you talked about: software setup and exclusive gaming titles. Hardware setup is a cakewalk with PCs today. It's the software setup where PC gaming gets more laborious, but it's this potential for labor that creates all of the possibilities (like mods) and customization of the gaming apparatus that is unique to the platform. Where it the hassle with hardware setup anymore? The one I'll give you is calibrating a controller. For couch controller mode there is no plug n' play like consoles. Otherwise, PCs have been simplified in the same fashion, now.

Your hassle is that you have one TV (with too few ports) supporting too many consoles. You also don't seem to understand that almost any TV today will save custom profiles that you can set up so you don't have to re-calibrate settings every time you change them. These TVs often don't default to the correct profile for the Xbox or PS4, anyway. You will have to change it from "Movie Mode" or "Automatic" to a proper gaming preset-- if there even is one. Neither the console nor the TV are guaranteed to figure that out for you.
Yeah the whole pain in the ass to hook up to TV is my personal setup. I've got all my HDMI slots on my TV taken up with other crap.
I've had the HTPC setup before, but have replaced it completely by just using Plex. If I need to browse or stream something to my TV, I just Airplay from iPad to Apple TV.
LOL, an AppleTV is an HTPC (so is the Roku). You didn't replace your HTPC with Plex. You replaced your HTPC with a lesser HTPC. Your HTPC could run Plex, too, via Windows OR Linux. I don't understand why you have 3 x HTPCs.

@MUSTKILL, your are an interesting cat. You always seem to understand 90% of what you're talking about, and 90% of what you own.
The total war series is a kickass pc exclusive that sets the minimum hardware requirements above what the current consoles can ever handle but in general you know why console games are king, they have all the dev money spent on them. Larger market, larger budget.
The PC gaming market is bigger than all console gaming markets combined. The money is just less concentrated in major franchises.

The Console Buffet is a like an alley with a dozen fast food franchises like McDonald's.
The PC Buffet is more like a bazaar with several hundred food carts and local restaurants with only a few McDonalds amidst them.

This is a praiseworthy endeavor, but you're wrongly focusing on hardware setup instead of the other things you talked about: software setup and exclusive gaming titles. Hardware setup is a cakewalk with PCs today. It's the software setup where PC gaming gets more laborious, but it's this potential for labor that creates all of the possibilities (like mods) and customization of the gaming apparatus that is unique to the platform. Where it the hassle with hardware setup anymore? The one I'll give you is calibrating a controller. For couch controller mode there is no plug n' play like consoles. Otherwise, PCs have been simplified in the same fashion, now.

Your hassle is that you have one TV (with too few ports) supporting too many consoles. You also don't seem to understand that almost any TV today will save custom profiles that you can set up so you don't have to re-calibrate settings every time you change them. These TVs often don't default to the correct profile for the Xbox or PS4, anyway. You will have to change it from "Movie Mode" or "Automatic" to a proper gaming preset-- if there even is one. Neither the console nor the TV are guaranteed to figure that out for you.

LOL, an AppleTV is an HTPC (so is the Roku). You didn't replace your HTPC with Plex. You replaced your HTPC with a lesser HTPC. Your HTPC could run Plex, too, via Windows OR Linux. I don't understand why you have 3 x HTPCs.

@MUSTKILL, your are an interesting cat. You always seem to understand 90% of what you're talking about, and 90% of what you own.

The PC gaming market is bigger than all console gaming markets combined. The money is just less concentrated in major franchises.

The Console Buffet is a like an alley with a dozen fast food franchises like McDonald's.
The PC Buffet is more like a bazaar with several hundred food carts and local restaurants with only a few McDonalds amidst them.

Yeah, I know what I have to do to config a PC to my TV, it just isn't idiot proof like a console. That's what my original point was before people started to get butt hurt.
What's funny is posters here act like PC Elitist but game on 4K TVs with wireless controllers.

I have a Roku 4K, Apple TV 4K, PS4 Pro for all different reasons. DirectTV NOW performs much better on the Apple TV, Roku 4K for YouTube 4K support, and the PS4 Pro for random couch gaming.
I literally try all the hardware out before I buy them.
Just got done running the gamut of gaming laptops.
Tried out the MSI GS65, Dell XPS 15, Asus STRIX 2, and Razer Blade 15.
Ended up with the Blade 15. This 144hz panel makes me laugh at anyone that says its a waste. I'd rather game on this laptop screen than my 60 inch 4K.
Refresh rate > Resolution

This changed when GPU's began placing mini-HDMI ports onto their cards by default. Steam Link also lets you do this over ones wifi network.
I have steam link and use it on rare occasions. It doesn't work well over wifi though, it pretty much needs to be hard wired into the network if you want to get the best resolutions and frame rates. It's not a bad product, just very niche.

I've tried wireless KB/M before back in the day but always found occasional input lags and the mouse not being totally accurate to be annoying. I don't know if they have gotten better in recent years or not though.

DOTA and LoL are shit games dude. Perfect examples of how popularity has absolutely no bearing on objective quality. I bet you think Fortnite and Minecraft are gaming masterpieces.
DOTA is the shit actually, and it is a very carefully orchestrated masterpiece.

oh, i'm not disagreeing. you're right. Just the system power you need alone to max out games in 4k in 60 fps is hard enough. 144 hz be killer. yeah, i'm above 40 inches lol. got a whole man cave set up, bar, bongs and nerd shit lmao.

so basically you fap, smoke and pc game in 4k. This is pretty sexual

Back