Why is Romero such a horrible PPV draw

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He has the look, the credentials, the fighting style...yet the 3 PPV's he's headlined have sold 130k, 130k, and under 150k

I think America just forever hates on Cuba

Viva Cuba

Why is colby or whittaker for that matter?

Why isn't Cuba buying the ppvs then??

He has the look, the credentials, the fighting style...yet the 3 PPV's he's headlined have sold 130k, 130k, and under 150k

I think America just forever hates on Cuba

Viva Cuba

They don't like arrogant cheats.

Bob Arum booked Rob Hornes fight 24 hours within UFC 225. Hence the reason many Aussies didnt buy UFC ppv. I remember Dana calling Arum out on this also

This card had one of my favorite fighters on it, Bobby Knuckles.... but his personality isn't controversial enough for casuals. Colby also isn't much of a draw because casuals want KO's or exciting fights, neither of which Colby has had much success delivering.

It was a fun card though. PPV buys drive the sport forward in some ways but I'm more interested in the quality of the matchmaking.

Yoel vs Robert 2 was a hell of a matchup--despite the weight cutting issues and questionable nature of Yoel getting the title shot after missing weight against Rockhold.

The next PPV should sell decent.. thats the stipe dc one right? Obviously it won't be conor numbers but it's a stacked card and has better promotional potential.

Because the UFC is absolutely horrible at promoting fighters. Generally speaking, the only fighters who become PPV draws are those who: (1) are great self-promoters and/or garner attention by acting outlandishly (e.g., Conor, Jones, Diaz brothers); or (2) have built-in markets (e.g., GSP, Brock, Bisping).

If Yoel were from a desired market or started publicly raging, I'm sure he'd be a bigger draw.

Back