Why is Sherdog so SLOW lately? (Avatars, post box, etc not loading)

Right now, it seems like only a few people in selected regions are experiencing this issue. We're currently looking to find what the root cause of the problem is.

I'm experiencing this problem as well, so I understand your frustration. The California Bay Area seems to be one of the affected areas so far.

comcast bay area here and it doesnt work. CNN is also really slow but renders and a few other sites i cant remember seem to be loading very slow as well.

when i VPN it works fine. OperaVPN is very easy to use if you are inexperienced. It is built into the Opera browser nowdays. HotSpot Shield also seems to work well as a chrome plug in.

comcast bay area here and it doesnt work. CNN is also really slow but renders and a few other sites i cant remember seem to be loading very slow as well.

when i VPN it works fine. OperaVPN is very easy to use if you are inexperienced. It is built into the Opera browser nowdays. HotSpot Shield also seems to work well as a chrome plug in.

Comcast Xfinity in California (not Bay Area), reply box won't load without use of VPN (using OperaVPN at the moment). VPN note was really helpful.

Never seen the site so slow before. Avatars aren't loading, takes the pages forever to load. Really bad.... Is it time to upgrade the severs or are there other issues outside of your control?

Comcast Xfinity in California (not Bay Area), reply box won't load without use of VPN (using OperaVPN at the moment). VPN note was really helpful.

Np. With my pay vpn being normal and speed test normal even without vpn on the router makes me wonder what’s going on.

Cable cutting vandalism is common in California. And with all the net neutrality stuff I wouldn’t be surprised to see an uptick in incidences.

However I wouldn’t put it past Comcast to slow down certain hosting providers or isps because they can now

In Vegas and its brutal for me. Had to use my phones VPN to even be able to write a comment.

Looks like the entire Southwest Region is experiencing outages. With California, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona being the most heavily affected areas.

Right now I can post from mobile but I can't do it from desktop or even a tablet. If anyone else is having issues feel free to leave a message on my wall, posters have mentioned having an easier time getting comments to load when it's a profile post

Looks like the entire Southwest Region is experiencing outages. With California, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona being the most heavily affected areas.

Right now I can post from mobile but I can't do it from desktop or even a tablet. If anyone else is having issues feel free to leave a message on my wall, posters have mentioned having an easier time getting comments to load when it's a profile post

Exactly all of this.

Utah Comcast customer here. Site works fine if I'm on my phone but is literally unusable on my desktop.

Is this what the anti-net neutrality era is going to look like?

I'm having trouble posting and seeing avatars. I can only respond on my phone.

Bay area user reporting here. It has been impossible to make any posts the last couple of days. I can read the threads but can't make any replies, the reply box has disappeared entirely. Also the sherdog pages take a long time to load. The only way I was able to make this post is because I have a VPN on my desktop which I set to a different part of the country. This is the only site that has caused this so it is some issue with the sherdog servers.

Cox in Casa Grande, AZ. Been experiencing issues, only on this site, for a few days. Can't post, etc.

Right now, it seems like only a few people in selected regions are experiencing this issue. We're currently looking to find what the root cause of the problem is.

I'm experiencing this problem as well, so I understand your frustration. The California Bay Area seems to be one of the affected areas so far.

Okay, well, now the site's running like shit in my phone too.

Instead of getting fixed, the problem has actually gotten worse.

My home computer is running like crap on this site, but works fine on my tablet.

Thanks, everyone, for your updates.

USA-based users west of Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico are likely to be experiencing compromised QoS (that is, quality of service). While temporary, we understand your frustrations at this point in time and a correction to restore the QoS you've come to expect of the site is currently underway.

Heads high, guys. It's round 3 – we'll get the W.

Back