Reports about bad ads should include the following:

1. Location/Country
2. Device
3. Browser
4. Company/product of ad.
5. A screen shot if possible,
6. Brief description of how the ad is a problem.
7. Page/Pages affected
8. Date and Time of occurrence.

Refer to the instructions for your device on how to take screen shots

Why is Sherdog so SLOW lately? (Avatars, post box, etc not loading)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Oliver Clothesoff, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Valhoven

Valhoven Iron stars burning bright Staff Member Senior Moderator

Like-bomb incoming for your troubles...

TeTe, Slobodan and ski lo like this.
  2. Char Jawz

Char Jawz Transparent Belt

Yeah, same here. I live in SF and haven't been able to post or see most content since 3 days ago on PC. I'm posting from my phone, which I never do because I hate being on phone all time.

I hope it gets resolved soon. I feel like we've lost our voice here.

Valhoven likes this.
  3. Guestx

Guestx Guest

I can confirm the usefulness of the VPN workaround that was mentioned earlier.

If you don't use a VPN, then download Opera, go into the settings and turn on the free VPN, and then browse Sherdog to your heart's content.

Pages load normally, avatars work, etc.

Lethal and Char Jawz like this.
  4. Char Jawz

Char Jawz Transparent Belt

Dude, you rock! Just got the HotSpot Shield extension and although it didn't fix everything, it did all of a sudden bring back the reply window on my PC.

Thanks a million! Happy New Year!

P.S. I strongly recommend anyone else still having problems to try these options

5. nanika

nanika Brown Belt

the QoS acronym always cracked me up. but it makes sense. a provider doesnt wanna say "sorry your shit isn't working" but "sorry we are experiencing a QoS issue."

that said many modern routers have a QoS feature that can improve home networks. it can prioritize streaming and other high bandwidth devices over less bandwidth heavy devices. check it out in your router settings.

also for all people affected should change their DNS settings away from their current provider. these are two free well known good options.

OpenDNS is :208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

Google DNS: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

this is also achieved by accessing your routers settings. it deprives comcast, cox etc of valuable information they want about us. google probably sells it too but at least they are not an cable company.

you can also change it on a specific computer through network settings.

6. nanika

nanika Brown Belt

no problem. i forgot to quote your post in the one right above sorry for double posting guys.

the DNS changes can make a difference in internet speed too. it didnt fix sherdog but it did make some other slower sites faster.

Char Jawz likes this.
  7. Bob Gray

Bob Gray Deadlights Belt Platinum Member

8. dembones22

dembones22 DEFIANT CHAMPION

I just got back from a NYE party. My experience was shitty AF using mobile. And even worse when I got back home to the Laptop. Had to install VPN just to post this. This place is turning into a unusable wasteland joke. Administrators need to get their shit together this place is constantly attaking. with pop up's and redirects I mean nearly all are blocked but fuk man. And its not my ISP because other sites and services have been working without a hitch...

[​IMG]
    Getting real tired of your shit Admin crew...

9. Lethal

Lethal Forum Administrator Staff Member Forum Administrator Senior Moderator Administrator

This is not something that's being done by the Admins. Forum staff doesn't have any control over the Ads either. As I mentioned above, these issues are being experienced by users in the Southwest region of the United States. (California, Nevada, and Utah), and I'm also going through the same issues as everyone else in this thread. Without using the exploits listed above I'm unable to post here or view avatars.

Because the outages are only happening in a certain region, it is both an ISP problem and an issue with the CDN servers on Sherdog. As Forum Admins we're able to change usernames, add emotes to the site, and that's it. We cannot fix database issues, change how an ad links to another site, or any technical issue of that nature as we do not have programming experience and cannot work on anything that involves changing the code of the site.

This issue can only be fixed by site wide staff and by the development team. They were able to fix the original issue from last week, so for now we're just waiting on them to fix this one shortly as well.

Guestx, TeTe, nanika and 2 others like this.
  10. Coexist

Coexist Kuiper Belt

Everything sucks.

11. dembones22

dembones22 DEFIANT CHAMPION

Sorry, but in my shitty opinion it's gotta be the servers. BTW i'm not taking about normal ads reg. pop ups i'm talking about malicious re-direct attempts where you cant back out of . Seems like your guy's servers have been compromised and are being fondled and de-flowered by hackers. Sorry my rage was misplaced. And thank you for your time and response.

<3> If your reading this, FUK YOU !! You north Korean hacker f***!! I hope you all are enjoying your Tape Worm infestation. I hope you get crotch cancer and your tiny balls n' pecker fall off !! YOU INTERRUPTING ASSHOLES !!

Lethal likes this.
  12. lostdog000

lostdog000 Silver Belt

its been so slow the rich text editor wasnt showin up at all. i couldnt post til i went into preferences and i am now using the other option

13. PuertoRican

PuertoRican Silver Belt

Yeah, I haven't been able to post anything in a few days as well.

I also went into Preferences and unticked/unchecked the Rich Text Editor option and clicked Save. I am now able to post on Sherdog; however, the website is still super slow and not everything loads.

I live in Silicon Valley.

14. DataBreach

DataBreach Cocaine Fueled Decision Making Belt

Yeah. I went into preferences and unchecked the Rich Text Editor box and at least I can post again.

But this is bad. I tried ExpressVPN and Sherdog still didn't work for me.

But I don't post on my laptop only my hand held and I don't think VPN's are suited for that.

Some type of announcement would be nice. Maybe after the holidays?

15. lostdog000

lostdog000 Silver Belt

san diego here. still slow. no avatars showin, can only post text

16. DataBreach

@Lethal

Any word?

I can post because I got rid of the Rich Text Editor but the user experience leaves much to be desired.

Valhoven likes this.
  17. Lethal

Lethal Forum Administrator Staff Member Forum Administrator Senior Moderator Administrator

Crave Online hasn't been able to find a solution yet. It's been frustrating trying to find out what the root cause of this is. Sadly, it's simpler to fix these things when it's a problem for everyone instead of a specific region.

Slobodan and Valhoven like this.
  18. Guestx

Guestx Guest

So is Sherdog just permanently broken?

That's the vibe I'm starting to get from this.

19. DataBreach

I understand. But the elephant in the room is net neutrality. Could this be the new normal for certain users.

I tried a VPN and it didn't work.

20. Lethal

Even with a VPN the site isn't working? Which one did you use?

I used one from the Google Chrome store but Try to use hide.meor something similar. It's been working for all users so far

https://hide.me/en/proxy

I brought up Net Neutrality today in my latest message to see if that's playing a role. We'll see what the response is, but I imagine that if that was the cause other sites would be having this problem as well.

Slobodan, DataBreach and Valhoven like this.