Why is the WWE Calling This Event "Greatest Royal Rumble?"

Papa Shaun

Grand Poobah
@Green
Reaction score
Seriously??? Is that the best they can come up with??? I understand the fact that you're having an 50 man battle royal...but come on....This name itself is cheesy as hell.

Seeing we have a "Royal Rumble" PPV every year....Couldn't you call this something WWE's "Ultimate Battle Royal" or something of that nature.....or is it that the Saudi's are paying great money to host the event/ask for it to be called it by that name???

I know this if just another quick money grab event...much like the "Roadblock" event that suddenly popped up before Wrestlemania a couple of years ago....But Come On....are they so out of touch with originality, that this is the best name they could come up with for the event??

WWE just signed a 10 year deal with Saudi state television, and are holding the event in a 62,000 seat stadium for the show. Roadblock was just a house show that they stuck on the Network.

It's also the "Greatest" Royal Rumble, because it's actually a Royal Rumble, not a Battle Royal. And with 50 guys in it, including some legends coming in for it, with HHH, Cena, Jericho, Undertaker already announced, with more to come, it's probably worthy of the name.

Greatest pile of crap. The 1992 Royal Rumble is the Greatest.

Cuz everything done in an disgustingly rich country is going to be labelled the greatest thing ever.

YdMhU.gif

Seriously??? Is that the best they can come up with??? I understand the fact that you're having an 50 man battle royal...but come on....This name itself is cheesy as hell.

Seeing we have a "Royal Rumble" PPV every year....Couldn't you call this something WWE's "Ultimate Battle Royal" or something of that nature.....or is it that the Saudi's are paying great money to host the event/ask for it to be called it by that name???

I know this if just another quick money grab event...much like the "Roadblock" event that suddenly popped up before Wrestlemania a couple of years ago....But Come On....are they so out of touch with originality, that this is the best name they could come up with for the event??

Greatest as in biggest, largest. 50 instead of the usual 30 (record was 40 AFAIK),.

Great doesn’t always mean wonderful.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/greatest

Ultimate could always mean the ‘best’ or ‘the last’.

WWE just signed a 10 year deal with Saudi state television, and are holding the event in a 62,000 seat stadium for the show. Roadblock was just a house show that they stuck on the Network.

It's also the "Greatest" Royal Rumble, because it's actually a Royal Rumble, not a Battle Royal. And with 50 guys in it, including some legends coming in for it, with HHH, Cena, Jericho, Undertaker already announced, with more to come, it's probably worthy of the name.

But...are you gonna have both a "Royal Rumble" then a "Greatest Royal Rumble" a few months later each year then, with a 10 year deal??? See what I mean....And it's not like the winner of this "Greatest Royal Rumble" is getting a Wrestlemania Title Shot....so therefore, winning the regular "Royal Rumble" would still hold much more value. Just seems like a horrible name all together....They could have been much more creative....Just name the event something else, highlighted by the biggest over the top battle royal in company history.

But...are you gonna have both a "Royal Rumble" then a "Greatest Royal Rumble" a few months later each year then, with a 10 year deal??? See what I mean....And it's not like the winner of this "Greatest Royal Rumble" is getting a Wrestlemania Title Shot....so therefore, winning the regular "Royal Rumble" would still hold much more value. Just seems like a horrible name all together....They could have been much more creative....Just name the event something else, highlighted by the biggest over the top battle royal in company history.

No, it's just a one off, and the Saudi Royal Family have backed up a huge truck, and dumped money on Vince's desk and said "We want The Greatest Royal Rumble!" so that's exactly what they got.

Should have a 50 woman Royal Rumble, just to piss the Saudis off

It sounds like a name / concept an Arab prince came up with, and offered WWE so much money, that they didn't want to argue.

After much thinking....I think the best name for this event should have been "Saudi Slam"

Sheiky bubbah should be the special host

In other news :

NEW Sherdog Smiley for everyone :
giphy.gif

^ Thank you for your worthless contribution. <13>

Back