Why is this Saturdays apex card so early?

I admit to not knowing some of the names.. Which must make me a casual.. But the records for a lot of these blokes are very good and a couple of undefeated.

Looking forward to it.
Not just undefeated. Undefeated in the UFC.

Mokaev 5-0
Erceg 2-0
Umar 4-0
Basharat 3-0 (plus dominant contender series win)
Petrino 3-0 (plus contender series win)

While I happen to think Petrino is going to get exposed at some point, the other 4 have a high probability of seeing a UFC title fight.

Not just undefeated. Undefeated in the UFC.

Mokaev 5-0
Erceg 2-0
Umar 4-0
Basharat 3-0 (plus dominant contender series win)
Petrino 3-0 (plus contender series win)

While I happen to think Petrino is going to get exposed at some point, the other 4 have a high probability of seeing a UFC title fight.

They aren't in interesting fights though

They aren't in interesting fights though
Mokaev and Erceg are fighting ranked opponents who are ahead of them in the rankings. While Erceg and Mokaev are supposed to win easily on paper, the fights absolutely make sense.

Zahabi is on a 3 fight UFC win streak. Basharat is 3-0 in the UFC. The fight makes sense.

Tyson Pedro is a reasonable opponent for Petrino.

Umar's opponent is indefensible.

Mokaev and Erceg are fighting ranked opponents who are ahead of them in the rankings. While Erceg and Mokaev are supposed to win easily on paper, the fights absolutely make sense.

Zahabi is on a 3 fight UFC win streak. Basharat is 3-0 in the UFC. The fight makes sense.

Tyson Pedro is a reasonable opponent for Petrino.

Umar's opponent is indefensible.

Alex Perez is on a 2 fight losing streak and hasn't won a fight in 4 years. He literally has no wins over anyone on the roster. That he's ranked 7th shows you how meaningful the rankings are.

And Tyson Pedro is a worse fighter than Petrino's last opponent.

Why do they even have Apex cards still? That was for the Covid era when no fans could attend. Time to have these in bigger venues where they can have a decent size live audience. I really dislike the whole atmosphere of apex fights.
ESPN money.

Basically ESPN made a really stupid business deal, guaranteeing a certain payment for MMA events from UFC without stipulating that the events have a certain level of quality or a live audience.

So UFC is honoring their contracts with their extremely bloated roster while cashing ESPN checks by doing these shitty ass, no energy and low name value Apex cards

Back