Why is WMMA striking so terrible?

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Don't most of these women train in the same camps as the men?
Why are very few WMMA fighters proficient in boxing/MMA striking?

Do the training camps overemphasize the ground game for women?

Honestly, I think JJ and Holly Holm have excellent striking because of their training and experience before they got into MMA.

So is MMA striking training for WMMA mostly ineffective? Is the only hope to take boxers and kickboxers and convert them into WMMA fighters?

smaller pool to draw from then men..

women normally don't like to take shots to the face (no brazzer)

therefore less coaches

less exposure ..

etc etc etc

Joanna didn't destroy but she's still amazing. So is Val.

Same reason the WNBA is terrible

Joanna J and Holly aren't too shabby.

the real answer is that most of the people in WMMA are women.

So is MMA striking training for WMMA mostly ineffective? Is the only hope to take boxers and kickboxers and convert them into WMMA fighters?

most women boxers and kickboxers are also terrible compared to their male counterparts.

The pool of fighters is just way smaller. should be clear for everyone who ever went to a gym.

The talent pool is much smaller than for males. Even so, both champs are more technical than many male fighters.

Same reason the WNBA is terrible

DtP3qfr.gif

I know we are never supposed to note the differences between males and females in today's politically correct society but I feel the striking differences comes down to the same principles as baseball vs softball pitching.

In baseball men overhand pitch while in softball women underhand pitch. there is something about male vs female shoulders/clavicals/chest(titties!) that allows men more power and use of their arms.

Plus apparently homo sapiens are the only species to chuck spears and we all know males were the hunters!

why is the mens striking terrible on average?

Cause there mma fighters not strikers.They fans let them off with it as they have the ability to end the fight at a moments notice

I see plenty of MMMA fighters that have terrible striking, but they're ignored/overshadowed because of the good ones.

Not to mention that a lot of MMMA fans simply point out every single woman whose striking they don't feel is up to par with the best ones.

5 years ago or so even male mma striking was terrible, for the most part.

Less coordination. Evolution favored men to fight with more predatory instinct.

Back