Why most MT fighters in Thailand teens?

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Why most of the MT fighters in Thailand are teens? Is there something about puberty that lends to successful fight career? In many other violent sports you never see teens. Pro boxing, football, rugby, ice hockey have no teens. Its colloquially thought that a teenager will get completely murdered 100% if they took on an adult in those sports.

So what about Muay Thai makes it different from say pro western Boxing? I also hear most of the fighters are also from the Lao region. Is there a reason for that too?

So lets say I take an athletic adult of 25 years and has been training and competing for about 5 years prior, and I stuck him in there with a great teenage MT fighter from Thailand (training since childhood), does the teen have any physical advantages over the 25 yr prime male?

It's basically slavery.
You only last so long doing that shit.

I get the poor part, but why teens mostly? Arent there poor adults too?

The kids are basically slaves. There is no pay (edit some are "paid", some aren't, either way it's not good). The kids are used up until they no longer function, which is the mid-20s. Thailand is pretty much the bottom of the barrel as far as human rights are concerned. Be luck if you're a little boy instead of a little girl, cuz it's also a sex slave destination. Say "the king is not that great" and you go to jail. It's no NYC or London.

Last edited:
idk man muslim countries would argue with you there

idk man muslim countries would argue with you there

Out of boredom I looked through like 50 different score lists for humanitarian concerns and human rights and etc. I can't find any cold-cut like "Syria is a 9 while Thailand is a 14" or anything because they're mostly about a lot of issues, but generally they are about the same level. Thailand is not a place you want to live as a native.

The kids are basically slaves. There is no pay (edit some are "paid", some aren't, either way it's not good). The kids are used up until they no longer function, which is the mid-20s. Thailand is pretty much the bottom of the barrel as far as human rights are concerned. Be luck if you're a little boy instead of a little girl, cuz it's also a sex slave destination. Say "the king is not that great" and you go to jail. It's no NYC or London.

That makes me feel bad. So when Ramon Dekkers, or Tyrone Washington or some Farang fighter goes there to fight, they are fighting child slaves. If I were them, I be wracked with guilt.

What about the Cambodia Pradal Seray, and Burmese Bando scenes? Are they child slaves too?

That makes me feel bad. So when Ramon Dekkers, or Tyrone Washington or some Farang fighter goes there to fight, they are fighting child slaves. If I were them, I be wracked with guilt.

What about the Cambodia Pradal Seray, and Burmese Bando scenes? Are they child slaves too?

I don't know that much about any of the specific situations and obviously legit pro fighters are on the scene. Not everyone is "owned" by a gym. Don't discredit anyone's record just because they fought a native Thai, it's just that Thailand is a goddam mess still sorting out how to be a country.

Out of boredom I looked through like 50 different score lists for humanitarian concerns and human rights and etc. I can't find any cold-cut like "Syria is a 9 while Thailand is a 14" or anything because they're mostly about a lot of issues, but generally they are about the same level. Thailand is not a place you want to live as a native.

id think they would target tourist since its so poor sell them into sex slavery ect is that very uncommon there? or someone plants drugs on a tourist and gets them put in prison for life basically

id think they would target tourist since its so poor sell them into sex slavery ect is that very uncommon there? or someone plants drugs on a tourist and gets them put in prison for life basically

Allright I made a smart ass remark but I'm not sure if you're naive, sarcastic, or stupid. Thailiand is listed as failing to comply with human trafficking standards by the US State Department. Do whatever the hell you want with that.

Allright I made a smart ass remark but I'm not sure if you're naive, sarcastic, or stupid. Thailiand is listed as failing to comply with human trafficking standards by the US State Department. Do whatever the hell you want with that.
luckly they suck at jiu jitsu there it will save your life vs the strikers there who go to rape

It's not quite that simple. I'll be the first to say there are ethical concerns with children fighting that we have in the west that don't exist in Thailand - but most kids go to Thai camps voluntarily to support their families. I think sometimes it's sort of decided for them by their parents and that IS wrong.

It's not quite that simple. I'll be the first to say there are ethical concerns with children fighting that we have in the west that don't exist in Thailand - but most kids go to Thai camps voluntarily to support their families. I think sometimes it's sort of decided for them by their parents and that IS wrong.

It's child labor and then the kid supports the family, and the kid is effectively owned by the gym. I've not BEEN a child slave, but I've read the humanitarian reports over the past 40 years.

Under nobodie's scenario is this a good situation.

Or kids growing up poor within a country other then the West have other values and expectations then privileged kids in a more developed country. Child Slavery. Give me a break.

Or kids growing up poor within a country other then the West have other values and expectations then privileged kids in a more developed country. Child Slavery. Give me a break.

Ok, so a 9 year old should definitely have the responsibility of supporting his entire family, you fuck tard. I mean there are levels and you are just full retard with this one.

Also the UN and State Department and every humanitarian organization in existence is wrong, but because you like MT it's fine, you stupid cunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so a 9 year old should definitely have the responsibility of supporting his entire family, you fuck tard. I mean there are levels and you are just full retard with this one. Like you're so fucking stupid and ignorant I feel the need to block you. I bet you use child sex dolls in Thailand you ignorant cunt.

Also the UN and State Department and every humanitarian organization in existence is wrong, but because you like MT it's fine, you stupid cunt.
I'm half thai, so I suppose I have somewhat of an insight of both thai and western culture. Many thai kids coming from poor farm families don't have the money to attend school and many camp owners look over them and their education, since many parents have to send them farther away to bigger camps. It's not really a choice for them, but an opportunity to pursue a career in sport.

Of course it's a sense of urgency for these kids, but most of them are proud to support their parents.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not really a choice for them

Ya I guess that's why it's typically classified as child slavery and one of the reasons Thailand is on the hotlist of shittiest countries on the planet. I mean YA maybe Yemen or something is worse for kids.

Edit: Also if you don't have kids of your own you can shut the fucking fuck up about everything. You quite literally have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Last edited:
Ya I guess that's why it's typically classified as child slavery and one of the reasons Thailand is on the hotlist of shittiest countries on the planet. I mean YA maybe Yemen or something is worse for kids.

What's the alternative? It's often not really the cliche of starving, but having access to education they get if they earn money as nak muays.

Some kids have to take responsibility ealier in life, rather than privileged kids in the west

Back