Why Music today sux horribad

Yeah those 70s versions of Garageband, Spotify and Youtube were awesome hey?
I was referring to the amount of good music around, I see how that was lost in translation, though.

One thing that is indisputable is how easily accessible concerts used to be. People could actually afford to see bands like Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, etc.

Now you got motherfuckers like Chris Stapleton charging over a $100 for shitty seats when most of his fan base is easily lower middle class.

That type of shit burns my biscuits. @biscuitsbrah

I was referring to the amount of good music around, I see how that was lost in translation, though.

One thing that is indisputable is how easily accessible concerts used to be. People could actually afford to see bands like Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, etc.

Now you got motherfuckers like Chris Stapleton charging over a $100 for shitty seats when most of his fan base is easily lower middle class.

That type of shit burns my biscuits. @biscuitsbrah

Fair enough man. But agreed that was a great era for music no doubt.

And you're right about concerts. A guy in Aus who owned a big record label (think it's gone bust now) said 30 years ago a concert ticket was 1/4 the price of the album. About 5 years ago the album was 1/4 the price of the concert ticket. Now it's probably more like 1/6 or something I'd reckon.

I feel like that would be my reaction to you telling me what you consider "good music".
I like quite a diverse mix, but there's definitely no accounting for taste... Most of the time.

Music today isn't bad.

POP MUSIC today is bad, just like it has been for decades.

Stop listening to whatever is most popular and actually search for shit you like online. There's literally never been more great music that's so easily accessible.

[/end thread]

Its not as good as 90s and early 2000s but I'm starting to like the "Lils" like Lil Pump, Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Wayne, Lil John.

"You're such a fucking ho, I love it". Your boyfriend is a dork, Mclovin"...How can you beat lyrics like that?

Nicki Manaj new stuff isnt too bad. I like FeFe. Barbie dreams is pretty funny and the lyrics are surprisingly good. She is a smart girl and more talented that Cardi B and Iggy Azalea. There is a group called City Girls which isnt too bad.

I've been listening to "Billy" from Takashi69 and Juice Wrld's new stuff. Chance the rapper has a good one called "65th and Ingleside."

I cant stand Migos and Cardi B even though they come out with some good stuff every now and then but most of their shit is boring. I cant stand Migos by themsleves, they need to collaborate with others.

Kanye, Travis Scott, Tyga, Drake..all those guys are ok but pretty much need to collaborate with other people to stay relevant.

Music today isn't bad.

POP MUSIC today is bad, just like it has been for decades.

Stop listening to whatever is most popular and actually search for shit you like online. There's literally never been more great music that's so easily accessible.
thats based more on the catalogue past greats than current music, depending on what you mean by that.

Music is better than it's ever been.

You can't point to hyper-formulaic pop that has basically sounded the same since the late 80s and say "music now sucks". That's just silly.
lol yeah right man. show me.

I'm stiill mad hair metal/monster ballads went out of style

lost in the sauce of all the weird hair/makeup/etc.. was some seriously dope classically trained vocalists. Dude from Steelheart is straight up incredible, and like nobody even knows who that guy is

People w/ that singing style have like no outlet now, unless they go to Gospel like David Phelps or be a crooner kinda guy like Michael Buble or Josh Groban

Music peaked around 2003-2008

We had mostly the same technology/knowledge to make music as we do in 2018 but far less what I will call "technological distractions"

As an artist I can tell you it was a lot easier for me, and more importantly, my friends to focus on a singular goal, lock ourselves away in our jam room and work shit out for hours upon hours

Nowadays, I cant find anybody that isnt so distracted by their social medias that they cant do the lock themselves in a room and just work on art all day anymore

Also, the desire to get "likes" in general is heavily watering down and homogenizing our art, hence the success of country/EDM

giphy.gif

hey life aint yeezy

if u turn on mtv, and theyre playing music, its almost always drum machine computer-made crap
its like nobody can play actual instruments anymore

Popular music has been bad by and large since the late 90's which is when bubblegum pop, boy bands, Britney Spears and her imitators, rap rock, nu-metal, butt-rock, and southern rap/hip-hop became the dominating forces in popular music.
Occasionally there is a glimmering force of hope, but they aren't big enough to get more than brief radio play. Even my local college radio stations flipped to garbage somewhere in the late 2000's or early 2010's, when they defined "college rock" for decades prior.

i feel like it hit a wall in the 2000s and hasnt recovered. Pop music is rubbish outside of a few artists and rock is dead on its ass in regard to its main stream appeal. Theres no real "big" bands and rockstars anymore and its pretty sad.

Kids wanna dance and party. That’s what they wanna hear when they’re doing that. No kid wants to go out and listen to Steely Dan when they’re getting crunk

Back