why no female russians

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
im surprised russia doesnt have the best female fighters due tp judo sambo wrestling boxing ect russian women are crazy good athletes the woman who reped russia for olympics hw division would smash gabi garcia im sure if she trained just 2 years

Marina Mokhnatkina has looked pretty good submitting all her opponents in the 1st round until recently where she lost her first fight.

i'm not sure what are you talking about. Yana Kunitskaya is/was Invicta champion and just fought for UFC belt last weekend. russian citizen Valentina Shevchenko is on her way to becoming most dominant flyweight in a history. Anastasia Yankova is undefeated and 3-0 in Bellator. people who follows wmma more closely can probably bring you few names more.
about Gabi - this girl is still ready to kick her ass.

Russians doesn't let their wives/girlfriends/daughters today chase their dreams. They are teaching them to be housewives and stay home. My Russian friends told me that WMMA won't be ever popular across Russia.

I must take a fresh look at the Russian scene with a couple of new girls I know nothing about on winning streaks - Jojua, Agapova. Some are from the near abroad - the old SU, including ethnic Russians; while others like Dudieva (Ossetian) and Dyshekova (Circassian and making a comeback this weekend) are from the Russian Federation but from minority ethnicities.

im surprised russia doesnt have the best female fighters due tp judo sambo wrestling boxing ect russian women are crazy good athletes the woman who reped russia for olympics hw division would smash gabi garcia im sure if she trained just 2 years
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Russian_female_mixed_martial_artists
All of them pretty fucking solid, if you ask me.

i'm not sure what are you talking about. Yana Kunitskaya is/was Invicta champion and just fought for UFC belt last weekend. russian citizen Valentina Shevchenko is on her way to becoming most dominant flyweight in a history. Anastasia Yankova is undefeated and 3-0 in Bellator. people who follows wmma more closely can probably bring you few names more.
about Gabi - this girl is still ready to kick her ass.
But isn't Kavaleva is citizen of Belarus?

I must take a fresh look at the Russian scene with a couple of new girls I know nothing about on winning streaks - Jojua, Agapova. Some are from the near abroad - the old SU, including ethnic Russians; while others like Dudieva (Ossetian) and Dyshekova (Circassian and making a comeback this weekend) are from the Russian Federation but from minority ethnicities.
Jojua has impressed me, she turned in a smart performance versus Mokhnaktina. Marina made some poor grappling choices in that fight, she grappled like it was Sambo.. but it's not surprising as I believe she hasn't stopped competing in Sambo. I won't write her off at all tho, she is a legit physical specimen who has shown she can climb the ladder in a combat sport.

Aygul Khabirova has been fighting only a year, but she looks pretty good, considering her experience level. Not sure if she is Russian or an ethnic minority, however.

Dyshekova is a legit good grappler, and plenty tough, I just worry she isn't physical enough sometimes.

I also know of Rimma Golubeva.. she's supposedly a good Savate competitor.. she looks to be in tremendous shape, but admittedly I haven't seen her fight.

images

Russians doesn't let their wives/girlfriends/daughters today chase their dreams. They are teaching them to be housewives and stay home. My Russian friends told me that WMMA won't be ever popular across Russia.
I've seen in one Russian article about which Russian fighters can fight at UFC in Russia author mentioned that Kunitskaya has more media exposure in US and more popular in US than in Russia. And she said in one Russian interview that she is more known or popular in US, like people on the street know who she is and stuff and she said that fighters and fans in Russia are mostly guys from Caucasus so they are against females taking part in mma. Funny thing is, her husband is Arab and he is not against her fighting.
I think Albu said that guys (from Russia or they wrote in Russian) on social media wrote to her that they want her to die or want her to get killed in a fight.

tl:dr but I did read the title and have to say....

Of course there are female Russians! Where do you think they got the male Russians?

Always glad to help!

Gabi will easily muscle her to the floor and roid smash.
have you seen any of Gabi's "fights"? you seriously think she can takedown 230+ pound athletic girl who used to practice wrestling with ufc heavyweights? without skills roids won't be any help for her.

Is this a recent phenomena in Russia / ex Ussr? I always got the impression that they celebrated strong athletic women?

Is this a recent phenomena in Russia / ex Ussr? I always got the impression that they celebrated strong athletic women?

Maybe this phenomena is just someones imagination. Trying to portay them as tough, bad guys, but with the fake idea of toughness and complete ignorance about the people in question.

The only thing correct is that wmma will not be that popular, and female in the cage would be a weird thing for the most people, just like almost everywhere outside the West. But lol at teaching them to stay at home. Before teaching them to stay home they should curb rampant prostitution and aids epidemic.

Back