Why no sidekicks in mma

me hurt?? no im just pointing out the fact that sanda only exist today because the chinese discovered muay thai. can you admit that?

why would i admit something that theres no evidence of? You think you babbling on about it like some looney tune religious cult convert is going to convince any one other wise? Give it a rest already sonny :icon_lol:

me hurt?? no im just pointing out the fact that sanda only exist today because the chinese discovered muay thai. can you admit that?

Chino, the leitai and sanda existed long before the events you're talking about. The current iteration that we know today as sanshou is a product of the communist regime so that soldiers could practice with a pressure tested environment--much in the way Judo was developed so that techniques could be tested in simulated combat but with safety measures in place to continue training.

Sanshou wasnt "created" because of Muay Thai--it's merely a sport version of Gung Fu created to maintain pressure tested skills.

didnt he go to thailand and get his ass handed to him? and benny the jet also. refresh my memory.

Considering he took it to decision, I would not call it getting his ass handed to him. And Benny the Jet retired undefeated.

Two of Benny's fights against Thai's ended up no-contests do to rules issues after going to a decision. Benny's background looks like a whose who of TMAs:judo, kajukenbo, shotokan, taekwondo, lima lama, white crane kung fu, jujutsu, aikido, and karate.

Considering he took it to decision, I would not call it getting his ass handed to him. And Benny the Jet retired undefeated.

Two of Benny's fights against Thai's ended up no-contests do to rules issues after going to a decision. Benny's background looks like a whose who of TMAs:judo, kajukenbo, shotokan, taekwondo, lima lama, white crane kung fu, jujutsu, aikido, and karate.

i remember reading bout those. there was discussion about how benny got beat up bad. never ever faced a thai again

his promoters had his those fights changed to a no contest.

YouTube - Benny The Yet loses to a muay thai fighter

doesnt look undefeated to me.

don wilson also. theres pics of him getting demolished. it went to a decision, but bet it was pretty 1 sided decision. there used to be footage. its gone now. once he started getting leg kicked and clinched, it was over.

Chino, the leitai and sanda existed long before the events you're talking about. The current iteration that we know today as sanshou is a product of the communist regime so that soldiers could practice with a pressure tested environment--much in the way Judo was developed so that techniques could be tested in simulated combat but with safety measures in place to continue training.

Sanshou wasnt "created" because of Muay Thai--it's merely a sport version of Gung Fu created to maintain pressure tested skills.

YouTube - A Real Chinese Kung Fu Master Fight in 1953 ??? ?? ???

pretty big crowd for a bunch of nobodies. must of been a freak show huh?

YouTube - A Real Chinese Kung Fu Master Fight in 1953 ??? ?? ???

pretty big crowd for a bunch of nobodies. must of been a freak show huh?

Yea that demonstration of skill did suck--but If I'd been alive then and fought one of them I can't say for certain I would've done any better. Their level of skill doesn't vary all that much with some of the mma fights I've seen.

What you have to remember is that they're both gung fu guys trying to use their respective gung fu techniques. So while the skill level doesn't look any better than the average mma fighter, its because they probably didn't pressure test much. Not to mention that real fights are generally ugly.

Cro Cop was using alot of sidekicks yesterday.

I used a few sidekicks today in my sparring session! Useful for me as always. It's a good kick to shoot off after a teep gets swept sideways or after a missed round kick when the guy is coming in for a head punch.

Ok thats gotta be it right, if cro cop, a famous MMA fighter can use them in MMA and get wrecked, it means they have gotta be allright , i mean whos gona argue with 16 wins with 11 by knockout, guys gota know about striking. case closed, side kicks can work

im sorry thats just his kick boxing record, his MMA record is 27 wins with 20 by knockout. which is even better. So I think he knows about effective striking. CASE CLOSED Side kicks work if done well

Yea that demonstration of skill did suck--but If I'd been alive then and fought one of them I can't say for certain I would've done any better. Their level of skill doesn't vary all that much with some of the mma fights I've seen.

What you have to remember is that they're both gung fu guys trying to use their respective gung fu techniques. So while the skill level doesn't look any better than the average mma fighter, its because they probably didn't pressure test much. Not to mention that real fights are generally ugly.

bingo.

which training methods share similarities. BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF.

SANDA- YouTube - 74 NBD-Sanshou Kickboxing Drill-II

if sanda came from GUNG FU... YouTube - Shaolin Legend / documentary

how did it end up looking alot like this?? YouTube - Muay Thai padwork with Kru Gae at TMT

explain to me?

anyways. a cartwheel kick can be used in mma.... HELL IT CAN EVEN KNOCK SOMEONE OUT!!! YouTube - Cartwheel Kick MMA KO Knockout

now... ask your self honestly. how many times has this cartwheel been effective and how many fighters actually use it to hurt someone in mma. i can only think of a few instances where sidekicks actually were effective. its hit and miss.... more miss tho.

Chino...do you know what a "universal truth" is with regards to fighting? Do you agree that there is going to be a proper way to train for fights and an improper way? Do you agree that those individuals that fight and train to fight will (due to the pragmatic process) eventually find themselves on the same path and using the same methods?

I know on the surface it might look like Sanda is copying muay thai, but it's simply not the case. You make it seem like there's some Sanda conspiracy where they copied muay thai and then tried to cover it up...which simply isn't the case considering there are distinct rules and stylized idiosyncrasies where the systems are obviously different from one another.

The use of the thai pad is just a good idea considering that it is a good training tool and it already exists...no sense in recreating the wheel.

in china....home of the sidekick. you hardly ever see those sanda fighters use sidekicks in mma fights. ever watch "art of war"? you dont see too many sidekicks.

and to get off topic again.. i think sanda fighters are gonna transition better into mma than muay thai fighters. they're wild, high pace and will pick you up and dump you on the head. muay thai is more of a thinking, and more technical approach.

Chino...do you know what a "universal truth" is with regards to fighting? Do you agree that there is going to be a proper way to train for fights and an improper way? Do you agree that those individuals that fight and train to fight will (due to the pragmatic process) eventually find themselves on the same path and using the same methods?

I know on the surface it might look like Sanda is copying muay thai, but it's simply not the case. You make it seem like there's some Sanda conspiracy where they copied muay thai and then tried to cover it up...which simply isn't the case considering there are distinct rules and stylized idiosyncrasies where the systems are obviously different from one another.

The use of the thai pad is just a good idea considering that it is a good training tool and it already exists...no sense in recreating the wheel.

yeah i agree. and so do the chinese. which is why they changed.

and to get off topic again.. i think sanda fighters are gonna transition better into mma than muay thai fighters. they're wild, high pace and will pick you up and dump you on the head. muay thai is more of a thinking, and more technical approach.

do you ever stop and think before you post or does what ever silly shit that pops into your mind get posted immediately on here?

Man some of the shit you read on here is so bizarre.:icon_lol:

do you ever stop and think before you post or does what ever silly shit that pops into your mind get posted immediately on here?

Man some of the shit you read on here is so bizarre.:icon_lol:

thanks for contributing.

Back