Why no talk about the CFL and the Grey Cup

Maybe the CFL can go back to there Rugby roots and a have a proper international team and still maintain the teams and yet Toronto and Vancouver could still have a NFL side.

That doesn't really make much sense. Toronto is the third largest market in North America (minus Mexico city) with am established football culture, lucrative pro teams in all other major sports, close proximity to the East coast and Midwest, and groups with the money willing to make it happen. I think Buffalo is the only obstacle in the way.

How old is Buffaloe's stadium I wonder?

Have you seen the stadiums in London and Mexico City when they play there? Doesn't matter the teams they're routinely sold out.

That could be because of the exclusivity. Teams rarely play in those cities. A home team will play way more though.

Vancouver couldn't support a team. It's 60% hippies, 40% Chinese. Montreal loves football, but nobody wants to play in a French speaking foreign city. Plus it's a lot colder and further from other cities compared to Toronto

Montreal is really no worse than Green Bay or Minneapolis.

As a Rugby fan I do like taking notice of other more contact sports like Aussie Rules, Hurling and NFL but I noticed that no one talks about NFL's cousin the CFL and not even a thread on the Grey Cup......WHY ?
<JagsKiddingMe>

The CFL is only entertaining to provinces that have absolutely nothing else. I don't expect half of Canada to care, let alone Americans.

That said, pretty good Grey Cup game this year. It was fun watching Calgary choke it away.

As a Rugby fan I do like taking notice of other more contact sports like Aussie Rules, Hurling and NFL but I noticed that no one talks about NFL's cousin the CFL and not even a thread on the Grey Cup......WHY ?

It's not televised in the U.S. No interest in the Canadian version of the game.

I have fantasies of my Browns moving to the CFL. We could do damage there. Can’t quite put my finger on it, but I just think there is something about that league that would be better for us than the NFL.

Has any HS player forgone NCAA football and played in the CFL for a couple of years before switching to the NFL?

Back