Why not move this forum to the off topic?

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Serious question..

I am not trying to be rude.. but i dont see why this forum should be under the training discussion category. The General Discussion category are much better IMO

I can see it in either place. Here or in General Discussion.

But it's not as big as any of the other sub forums in GD.

It's not as big as the others in general discussion and there are countless requests for sub forum x to be added so it would open a huge can of worms. It's probably better here as it's a bit off the grid so for the most part, the people that stumble across it are those that want to discuss the topics. I imagine the trolls would be rampant if gun talk were on a main discussion sub header.

People train with weapons, thus its under training.

People train with weapons, thus its under training.

They stand up when they train with their weapons, so it's a sub forum of the stand up forum.

Or something.

I don't know about you guys but I train nunchucks on the ground.

It's not as big as the others in general discussion and there are countless requests for sub forum x to be added so it would open a huge can of worms. It's probably better here as it's a bit off the grid so for the most part, the people that stumble across it are those that want to discuss the topics. I imagine the trolls would be rampant if gun talk were on a main discussion sub header.

Makes sense to me.

They stand up when they train with their weapons, so it's a sub forum of the stand up forum.

Or something.

I don't know about you guys but I train nunchucks on the ground.

Both of these are correct. I got this sub-forum started, the intention isn't and wasn't to discuss any politics of weapons or all of that shit. Merely for weapon enthusiasts to discuss their progression in the use of said weapons. More like say, Military members, law enforcement, or just basic enthusiasts to discuss stuff. I don't post here much, but I don't want it going the way of gun-toters vs. anti-gun hippies, which will DEFINITELY happen if it's moved to the GD area.

I agree with Frode. This is really just a gun and pocket knife enthusiast forum at this point and it's under a main forum for the discussion of martial art technique. I once started a thread about nunchaku materials and you'd thought I had insulted everyone's mother.

Well, if you get flamed for that feel free to report it, because that encompasses the premise of discussion this sub-forum was intended for.

It would be cool to be it's own forum under the "training" heading. It's like a sub-sub forum.

If it were not so discriminatory in the way Edison would suggest, it just might.

Back