Why not use longer sticks in Field Hockey, and why is floor hockey not more popular

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Why not use longer sticks in Field Hockey? The sticks they use are ridiculous. They are so short, you have to hunch over. How can that make for good sport? All the players must have serious back problems.

Floor hockey is basically the same thing except the bending over. It uses regular hockey sticks with plastic blades, and is much longer. It is pretty good to watch too. Imagine floor hockey with hitting, and fighting. How can floor hockey which is obviously more comfortable to play then field hockey (because of the stick), not a more popular sport. It is thought out much better than field hockey (with the really short stick)

It is so retarded watching field hockey players in that bent stance. They cant really move around. And they have so little control because surface contact is too small with the candy cane style stick.

Field hockey is the national sport of India.

You now know that.

Tell your coworkers tomorrow.

Hurling >>>>>>

hurling_is_a_really_crazy_ass_sport_02.gif

hurling_is_a_really_crazy_ass_sport_06.gif

Field hockey is the national sport of India.

You now know that.

Tell your coworkers tomorrow.

I wish there was a platform for me to tell everyone in India, that their sport is not well thought out. They should use longer sticks. It will change game for the better. The maneuvering will be much much better.

But yes field hockey sucks. We had to play it a few times in high school, hated having to hunch over. All these sports (ice hockey, field hockey, hurling, bandy, Welsh bando etc.) are related/share similar roots, there is another they play in Scotland (only by small numbers of people in the highlands these days) that is basically a much better, faster version of field hockey, it is called shinty. It's related to hurling, not nearly as good, but better than hockey...still some hunching over but not as bad:

But yes field hockey sucks. We had to play it a few times in high school, hated having to hunch over. All these sports (ice hockey, field hockey, hurling, bandy, Welsh bando etc.) are related/share similar roots, there is another they play in Scotland (only by small numbers of people in the highlands these days) that is basically a much better, faster version of field hockey, it is called shinty. It's related to hurling, not nearly as good, but better than hockey...still some hunching over but not as bad:

that is practically field hockey. All of them look alike, just with difference size sticks.

only the girls played field hockey at my school.
but if that's your thing, more power to you.

only the girls played field hockey at my school.
but if that's your thing, more power to you.

The girls all have to bend over and wear skimpy skirts. Parents must hate that. They should demand their girls get longer sticks.

The girls all have to bend over and wear skimpy skirts. Parents must hate that. They should demand their girls get longer sticks.

Oh, they are getting them, believe me, they are indeed.

art-красивые-картинки-карандаш-robin-williams-1316436.png

PS: Incidentally, the Cinderella story in field hockey has to the Spain. A fascinating story actually, a sport played in just a few schools, a tiny follwoing in a couple of small towns, mostly a matter of a few families... and yet they have won the European championship and a silve olympic medal

Floorball is what you should play.

Yeh how come something like this is not more popular than field hockey with those short arse sticks. It is so uncomfortable.

I went to the Montreal Canadiens practice facility a few years ago. They have kids there training in floorball. Thats were all the Canadien kids get their puck handling skills from. USA needs this.

Next, TS will suggest they use a plastic orange ball and play on asphalt.

Back