Why Ronda Rousey is one of the best fighters on the planet right now (ANALYSIS)

OneBoredColeman

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Everyone saw yesterday's fight. For all the doubters, i'm sure you've stopped doubting. She is without a doubt, one of the greatest fighters this sport has ever seen. We're witnessing a legend in the making, she dominates her opponents with absolute ease and leaves them bewildered at the end of the fight.

There is simply NO woman on the planet that can beat Ronda. That is a HUGE statement. There are approx 3 billion women on the planet and think about this, put any of them in the cage with R3 and NONE of them will come out alive. There isn't a single MAN in MMA who can embody that greatness.

Ronda exemplifies what a true warrior is, she is the bruce lee of women, she is the mike tyson of women, she is a CHAMPION in every sense of the word. There is no answer to her elusiveness, her explosiveness, her judo, she just has the full package.

Strike with ronda? good luck, she has a crazy good training camp that puts her through the fryer 6 days a week. Want to grapple? good luck, she is an OLYMPIC JUDOKA. There is just no getting around it, there is no woman who can stop her right now.

What's crazy is that she can probably beat some dudes in the lower weight divisions. She's THAT good. She beats dudes up in the gym all the time, there are reports of guys literally CRYING because they lost to her, lost to a girl. No shame in losing to R3 though, she is a fucking beast.

Should add the word female onto your thread title.

I can hear the rustle of a thousand jimmies right now.

"elusiveness"'

lol

Huh? Did you not see the throw she put on Alexis out of nowhere? There was no way Davis was expecting to go on the ground like that all within 16 seconds. With Ronda, she keeps you guessing, she makes you think she'll strike with you or grapple with you but really she can take the fight anywhere, anytime she wants.

She's smart, she knows that she's tricking her opponents into thinking one thing but does something else entirely.

Everyone saw yesterday's fight. For all the doubters, i'm sure you've stopped doubting. She is without a doubt, one of the greatest fighters this sport has ever seen. We're witnessing a legend in the making, she dominates her opponents with absolute ease and leaves them bewildered at the end of the fight.

There is simply NO woman on the planet that can beat Ronda. That is a HUGE statement. There are approx 3 billion women on the planet and think about this, put any of them in the cage with R3 and NONE of them will come out alive. There isn't a single MAN in MMA who can embody that greatness.

Ronda exemplifies what a true warrior is, she is the bruce lee of women, she is the mike tyson of women, she is a CHAMPION in every sense of the word. There is no answer to her elusiveness, her explosiveness, her judo, she just has the full package.

Strike with ronda? good luck, she has a crazy good training camp that puts her through the fryer 6 days a week. Want to grapple? good luck, she is an OLYMPIC JUDOKA. There is just no getting around it, there is no woman who can stop her right now.

What's crazy is that she can probably beat some dudes in the lower weight divisions. She's THAT good. She beats dudes up in the gym all the time, there are reports of guys literally CRYING because they lost to her, lost to a girl. No shame in losing to R3 though, she is a fucking beast.

So by p4p you're saying she can beat any 135lb make MMA fighter?

Well it's a big statement because as terrible as the WMMA division is, Ronda still had no right to defend her title as much as she did.

The reason Ronda gets credit from everyone except the haters is because she decided her opponents were not going to beat her. And that was it -- she decided and there was nothing they could do about it. An important moment in her growth that she went back to her roots in the Miesha Tate fight and STILL manged to come out on top with an armbar despite hard adversity and her so called "one trick" not working the first round. The doubters had a field day going into the 3rd round, they knew for sure Ronda could be BEATABLE despite her dominating the fight anyway. However she didn't care, it was just another day at the office, take me to 3 rounds? ok i'll still armbar you, no problem.

Moments of greatness when the historically great decide to impose their will upon unwilling recipients. And now she has perfected it. Barring extreme injury to her, no one is ever going to take that belt away from her.

Saying you'd beat a professional MMA fighter on the internet #justredneckenglishbullshit

Bold claims he will never back up. Also, why does he want to fight a woman? Something's not working in his brain apparently.

Well it's a big statement because as terrible as the WMMA division is, Ronda still had no right to defend her title as much as she did.

The reason Ronda gets credit from everyone except the haters is because she decided her opponents were not going to beat her. And that was it -- she decided and there was nothing they could do about it. An important moment in her growth that she went back to her roots in the Miesha Tate fight and STILL manged to come out on top with an armbar despite hard adversity and her so called "one trick" not working the first round. The doubters had a field day going into the 3rd round, they knew for sure Ronda could be BEATABLE despite her dominating the fight anyway. However she didn't care, it was just another day at the office, take me to 3 rounds? ok i'll still armbar you, no problem.

Moments of greatness when the historically great decide to impose their will upon unwilling recipients. And now she has perfected it. Barring extreme injury to her, no one is ever going to take that belt away from her.

All that is fine but you still haven't addressed the issue.

Ronda is a big fish in a miniscule pond, similar to Royce Gracie back in the day.

It still bothers me that she's getting more attention for beating women who shouldn't even be in the UFC than all the other male UFC fighters.

I guess being female has its perks.

The TS was at the pre-fight presser to snap a pic of the GOAT R3.

jPfrw.jpg

Ronda is a big fish in a miniscule pond, similar to Royce Gracie back in the day.

It still bothers me that she's getting more attention for beating women who shouldn't even be in the UFC than all the other male UFC fighters.

I guess being female has its perks.

Well that bit in bold is certainly a head scratcher. All the girls she has faced have earned their shot and none of them are taking jobs from male UFC fighters.

Back